Replies: 8489
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:02:43 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Do we get "to picky" as we age?

Started by Superchecker, November 24, 2017, 06:21:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superchecker

Morning gang, got to choose my winter shifts yesterday, and realized that I'm becoming too picky.

I've become quite senior, so I can choose practically any shift, route, days off I want.

I did get the days off I wanted, Fri-Sat, but settled on what appears to be a busier route, with much less breaks than others. I do get to sleep in an extra 25 minutes too!
<t></t>

Odinson

Older women sure aint picky when it comes to men..

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"Morning gang, got to choose my winter shifts yesterday, and realized that I'm becoming too picky.

I've become quite senior, so I can choose practically any shift, route, days off I want.

I did get the days off I wanted, Fri-Sat, but settled on what appears to be a busier route, with much less breaks than others. I do get to sleep in an extra 25 minutes too!

It sounds similar to the shifts you're working now Superchecker.

Superchecker

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Superchecker"Morning gang, got to choose my winter shifts yesterday, and realized that I'm becoming too picky.

Yeah, choosing Fri-Sat off really limits my options. But working Sundays adds an extra 10-15% to my take home pay, and maximizes my pension too.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"

Yeah, choosing Fri-Sat off really limits my options. But working Sundays adds an extra 10-15% to my take home pay, and maximizes my pension too.

That's a wise move Superchecker..

At what age can you retire?

Fifty five like iron horse jockey?

Superchecker

Yes, can retire as early as age 55.
<t></t>

Anonymous

I can too....fifteen years to go.

Superchecker

6 years for me... Not sure if I will then or not. Apparently my income would be cut in half at that point. Still got bills and commitments. Depends on our health, our bills, when the Mrs decides to retire.

Could retire and then come back and drive mini buses or work seasonally for BC ferries or MetroVancouver parks.
<t></t>

Anonymous

6 years for me... Not sure if I will then or not. Apparently my income would be cut in half at that point. Still got bills and commitments. Depends on our health, our bills, when the Mrs decides to retire.

Could retire and then come back and drive mini buses or work seasonally for BC ferries or MetroVancouver parks.

You have lots of options it would seem..

I want to retire when I'm fifty five.

Anonymous

Do we get picky about work as we age? Hell ya.

Aryan

When it comes to food I'm definitely less picky, I used to be a proper fussy lil fucker when I was a kid.  Nowadays I will eat pretty much anything..

kiebers

I think there are things that we do get picky about and there are things we progressively care less about.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"I think there are things that we do get picky about and there are things we progressively care less about.

Our priorities change.

Bricktop

I don't know. I guess I'll find out when I get old.

IRISH KAM

' PICKY ' thats an understatement .

Thats why the other place is Dead .

The Hairy assed Full 70s Bush sporting EVs has got so picky she's killed the place .
LIBERALISM IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN TERRORISM ! ( KAM )