The best topic

Replies: 10408
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:56:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

Santa's Here - Form an orderly queue.

Started by Bricktop, November 27, 2017, 06:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
I can't think of much for the moment, might go buy a new pair of shoes on boxing day if the time is right, had only one pair of shoes for the last 10 years and the sole's starting to squeak every time I walk, lol.

Are your brothers coming home for Christmas or Chinese New Years?

Yep, my dad, eldest brother and his wife and kids will be visiting us during Chinese lunar new years.  He's planning to drive to Quebec too while he's here in Toronto, though my mom think it's a bad idea with all the snow storm and stuff and prefers to go with a tour group instead.  While my dad and I just want to buy a new car this new years but my mom keep saying it's a waste of money, lol.

What kind of car do you want Zetsu?

Zetsu

I can't think of much for the moment, might go buy a new pair of shoes on boxing day if the time is right, had only one pair of shoes for the last 10 years and the sole's starting to squeak every time I walk, lol.

Yep, my dad, eldest brother and his wife and kids will be visiting us during Chinese lunar new years.  He's planning to drive to Quebec too while he's here in Toronto, though my mom think it's a bad idea with all the snow storm and stuff and prefers to go with a tour group instead.  While my dad and I just want to buy a new car this new years but my mom keep saying it's a waste of money, lol.

We're thinking about getting the Tesla Model 3 or maybe something even cheaper a VW e-golf.  Though think my dad likes the Tesla more for the performance and looks.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

We're thinking about getting the Tesla Model 3 or maybe something even cheaper a VW e-golf.  Though think my dad likes the Tesla more for the performance and looks.

Both of them are nice cars..

We will  be looking at trading in my 2013 Nissan Altima at the end of 2018 or in 2019.

Anonymous

You can get up to $8500 back in Ontario for buying electric cars.

Zetsu

We will  be looking at trading in my 2013 Nissan Altima at the end of 2018 or in 2019.

By any chance does your province offers a tax rebate on electric cars?  I heard from my dad in the next 10 years the majority of cars on the road will be an EV.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Herman"

You can get up to $8500 back in Ontario for buying electric cars.

It was a while ago, now the retarded liberals increased it up to $14000 in Ontario, but requires to wait at least 3 years after purchasing to get back all the credit.  Though at the same time Ontario have the most expensive electricity and insurance out of all 10 provinces.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu" I heard from my dad in the next 10 years the majority of cars on the road will be an EV.

That is not true.

electric cars aren't going to take over

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-morgan-stanley-wrong-about-electric-cars-2017-5">http://www.businessinsider.com/why-morg ... ars-2017-5">http://www.businessinsider.com/why-morgan-stanley-wrong-about-electric-cars-2017-5

Why gas-powered cars aren't going away

http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/05/technology/electric-cars-vs-gas-cars/index.html">http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/05/technol ... index.html">http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/05/technology/electric-cars-vs-gas-cars/index.html

Anonymous

By any chance does your province offers a tax rebate on electric cars?  I heard from my dad in the next 10 years the majority of cars on the road will be an EV.

I don't know Zetsu..

My husband says electric vehicles are not very  practical in our climate.

Bricktop

Electric vehicles are a fad.

They still take HOURS to charge, so in countries like the US, Canada and Australia, they are all but useless outside of a small radius from their home base.

Batteries still have a finite life span...meaning older EV's will be worthless, due to the high cost of replacement batteries.

Running out of energy a large distance from a re-charge point means being towed, or abandoning the vehicle.

EV's will suit the trendy lefties who ignore the fact that the amount of energy required to move their vehicle is exactly the same, regardless of power source. That means that by current measures, where "renewables" cannot maintain base load capacity, putting everyones vehicle on the grid will cause it to collapse.

And Herman's link provides many other compelling reasons that electric vehicles are not the future...at least not yet, and in the form we are comfortable and familiar with.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Zetsu" I heard from my dad in the next 10 years the majority of cars on the road will be an EV.

That is not true.

electric cars aren't going to take over

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-morgan-stanley-wrong-about-electric-cars-2017-5">http://www.businessinsider.com/why-morg ... ars-2017-5">http://www.businessinsider.com/why-morgan-stanley-wrong-about-electric-cars-2017-5

Why gas-powered cars aren't going away

http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/05/technology/electric-cars-vs-gas-cars/index.html">http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/05/technol ... index.html">http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/05/technology/electric-cars-vs-gas-cars/index.html

That'll be good news for sure, I would hate it if everyone ends up owning an EV just so our electric bill can skyrocket and probably cause a few black outs every month. When it comes to gas and EV I guess it's all a matter of preference

Gas                                          

Cheaper initial cost                

Higher max speed                  

Lighter chassis/frame          

Convinent while long distance  

EV

Cheaper energy cost

Faster acceration

Lower centre of gravity

Convinient charging at  home

Bricktop

Zetsu

I don't know Zetsu..

My husband says electric vehicles are not very  practical in our climate.

Your husband is right, in cold freezing weather the voltage of batteries drops noticably and reduces the overall torque of the car.  For gasoline cars will end up buring more fuel due to the humid freezing air, but still have the edge when it comes to performance.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Bricktop"Electric vehicles are a fad.

They still take HOURS to charge, so in countries like the US, Canada and Australia, they are all but useless outside of a small radius from their home base.

Batteries still have a finite life span...meaning older EV's will be worthless, due to the high cost of replacement batteries.

Running out of energy a large distance from a re-charge point means being towed, or abandoning the vehicle.

EV's will suit the trendy lefties who ignore the fact that the amount of energy required to move their vehicle is exactly the same, regardless of power source. That means that by current measures, where "renewables" cannot maintain base load capacity, putting everyones vehicle on the grid will cause it to collapse.

And Herman's link provides many other compelling reasons that electric vehicles are not the future...at least not yet, and in the form we are comfortable and familiar with.

But Tesla has already fixed most of the problems.  In the future there'll be just more and more super charging station in malls, hotels and other places that can charge at least 250km of range in less than 30mins.  Plus electric cars with long range batteries on a full charge can travel from 500-1000km, at least the ones made by Tesla.  And liquid cooling is installed to keep the batteries in peak condition, not to mention Tesla has already perfected the chemistry in their recharagble batteries to last for an average of 25 years or more or a total travel distance of over 1 million miles, the truth is car batteries are far superior to the average panasonic rechargeable batteries we buy at walmart.  With a 75 or higher kilowatt battery is enough to accelerate cars faster than any high end gas cars, while Tesl'a's super car, the Roadster 2.0 with 200kilowatts can go from 0-100km/hr in 1.9 seconds, that's practically teh same speed of F1s but less than 1/20 of teh energy cost.  While we're still only scratching the surface when it comes to R&Ding rechargeable batteries.  

The problem I have is the liberals believe that electric cars will save teh planet which is rubbish, considering teh process of manufacturing the batteries iirc releases more emmisions than the COs released by gas cars through out their life spend, but if you want high speed acceleration and not having to empty the wallet at every fuel up, then EV is definately teh way to go.

Bricktop

What is the cost per km of EV over fossil fuelled?

That cost includes initial outlay, fuel costs, average daily wear and tear etc, over a 5 year period, which is the average time people own cars?

Zetsu

Quote from: "Bricktop"What is the cost per km of EV over fossil fuelled?

That cost includes initial outlay, fuel costs, average daily wear and tear etc, over a 5 year period, which is the average time people own cars?

About 1 US penny per 1km traveled for electric cars if charged at non-peak hours.