Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

my phone died

Started by Berry Sweet, December 02, 2017, 07:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

Entry level Samsung's seem OK.  They don't have Gorilla Glass, or are they certified water and dust resistant like the mid to high end models are, but if treated with care, should work just fine for average person.

I almost bought a low end Samsung for their attractive price, but decided to go with their mid-level line instead.

Bricktop

Aren't there some pretty clever LG's around at reasonable prices?

http://www.lg.com/au/smartphones">http://www.lg.com/au/smartphones

Angry White Male

LG has lower priced models also.

It's good that Berry asked a question, and then disappeared instantly.  That way we can only assume what she needs in a phone...

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Angry White Male"LG has lower priced models also.

It's good that Berry asked a question, and then disappeared instantly.  That way we can only assume what she needs in a phone...

Lol...I had to take Lo to a bday party...I have to go pick her up again in a while for another bday party...kinda hard to be online when im in taxi cab mode.

Anyhow my phone that died is an LG...its a nice phone but I did have problems wirh it the first year...I got a new one sent out under warrenty and now kaput.

Angry White Male

What do you mostly use your phone for?  Mostly just for talking?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Quote from: "Zetsu"
Some ppl say an iphone isn't worth it but it'z b/c they've never used one before.  Just the simplicity and how clean and organized it is, top notch in component and craftsmanship, and the high debugging/glitch free rate of the app store apps is worth every penny imo.

:coffeebath:

I enjoy learning how to operate my Apple products at the Apple store. They have a good thing going. This is not to say I don't like Microsoft. I like it too still.

I went to an Apple store today Azhya,....what a mistake in December on a Saturday.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Zetsu"Just wondering Berry do you have budget range you can tell us or what do you usually use the phone for.  This way it'll be easier to find one that suits your needs.

$500 max.  I generally use for texting and some phone calls.  I use gps A LOT, I cant live without it!  I also play some games and I want something with a decent camera...I use my phone for pics a lot...I cant afford to get a super duper camera right now.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Angry White Male"What do you mostly use your phone for?  Mostly just for talking?

Texting, talking and pics.  I use IG sometimes to talk to people...my kid always texts me thru there (i dont know why as she can just text me from her phone) so I need that.

Angry White Male

I have a Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017), which may come in right around your budget.

Their mid-level line, with Gorilla Glass and aluminum outside, plus certified water and dust resistant.

I have not had a problem with it.

Angry White Male

Maybe you should have taken my gift card...  Timing would have been right to use it to buy new phone...

Berry Sweet

I didnt know my phone was going to die.  Im not one for taking money off people.  But right now I need to make the right choice for a phone.  Information helps.

Angry White Male

Galaxy A5 would be around that budget.  Remember though, it's not a huge phone, which works for me since it fits in my pocket.

Berry Sweet

The card wouldve been nice but giving my addy im not comfortable with.  Im trying to start new these days.  A new life with new people.

Berry Sweet

I have 2 tablets and a lap top here...so those are good for home lounging.  I dont need a super huge screen but something decent enough to call text and pics.  Im not trying to impress people with my phone...I dont care who has the latest phone, it doesnt make them cool.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"The card wouldve been nice but giving my addy im not comfortable with.

Fair enough.

Check out the Galaxy A5 (2017)...  it may work for you.

I mean, I can buy any phone I want, so for me to buy the A5 should show I have enough confidence in it.