Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Lets Ban and Censor Things that Are "Offensive"

Started by Wazzzup, December 16, 2017, 12:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wazzzup

[size=150]'Jingle Bells' rooted in racism, Boston University professor says[/size]

Quote"Jingle Bells," one of the most well-known Christmas carols in the world, is now being called racist.

A Boston University theater professor claims the Christmas carol has a "problematic history" because it was originally performed to make fun of African Americans.

"The legacy of 'Jingle Bells' is one where its blackface and racist origins have been subtly and systematically removed from its history," Kyna Hamill, a BU theater historian, wrote in her "Theatre Survey" research paper on the story of "Jingle Bells."

The research paper was widely panned on social media with Twitter users calling it liberal overreach.

Best comment

Quote"Jingle Bells is racist, White Christmas is racist, Baby it's Cold Outside is sexist. What the hell happend to the America I grew up in where people didn't wake up every day trying to find something to be offended by?" one Twitter user wrote.

Anonymous

I expect universities to prepare young men and women to be tomorrow's leaders not brainwashing them into being a bunch of weaklings searching every word for injustice.

Wazzzup

Cooking, cleaning mums will be banned in advertisements across the UK from next year, following a study which claimed traditional gender roles are "harmful and outdated".

The decision to tighten regulation was announced by the Committees of Advertising Practice

(CAP) this week, after a report published in summer identified gender stereotypes in adverts as a driver of inequality between men and women.

"Wherever they appear or are reinforced, gender stereotypes can lead to mental, physical and social harm which can limit the potential of groups and individuals," the Advertising Standards Agency (ASA) alleged in its study.

Depictions deemed problematic include "family members creating a mess while a woman has sole responsibility for cleaning it up", and adverts which "[suggest that] a specific activity is inappropriate for boys because it is stereotypically associated with girls, or vice-versa."

Campaigners last week demanded toy retailers reboot their catalogues to depict a world in which boys are as likely to play with dolls as girls, after a study on Christmas toy catalogues found girls were nearly seven times more likely to be shown engaging in activities linked to caring or nurturing than young boys.

Hoping to socially engineer a future in which men and women are indistinguishable, the Let Toys Be Toys campaign claims that presenting play in a way that suggests some activities are linked more to boys or girls inflicts "long-lasting" harm on children.

The majority of 500 advertisers surveyed admitting producing campaigns which featured same-sex couples and non-traditional families even if doing so clashed with their brand identity, while half of respondents reported using fewer white people, who they said no longer represented "modern society".

While Let Toys Be Toys insists that gender stereotypes are "tired and out of date", research suggests that the sexes have a biological predisposition to certain toys, with children as young as nine months-old preferring toys specific to their gender.[/quote]

Even the monkeys are sexist!

QuoteThe trend has also been seen in other primates, with scientists having observed that male rhesus monkeys preferred to play with wheeled toys, such as toy trucks over plush dolls, which were preferred by the females.

:2r4ml1j_th: is wrong with these nasty sexist monkeys?  they need to be sent to sensitivity re-education camps immediately  :t1929:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"Cooking, cleaning mums will be banned in advertisements across the UK from next year, following a study which claimed traditional gender roles are "harmful and outdated".

The decision to tighten regulation was announced by the Committees of Advertising Practice

(CAP) this week, after a report published in summer identified gender stereotypes in adverts as a driver of inequality between men and women.

"Wherever they appear or are reinforced, gender stereotypes can lead to mental, physical and social harm which can limit the potential of groups and individuals," the Advertising Standards Agency (ASA) alleged in its study.

Depictions deemed problematic include "family members creating a mess while a woman has sole responsibility for cleaning it up", and adverts which "[suggest that] a specific activity is inappropriate for boys because it is stereotypically associated with girls, or vice-versa."

Campaigners last week demanded toy retailers reboot their catalogues to depict a world in which boys are as likely to play with dolls as girls, after a study on Christmas toy catalogues found girls were nearly seven times more likely to be shown engaging in activities linked to caring or nurturing than young boys.

Hoping to socially engineer a future in which men and women are indistinguishable, the Let Toys Be Toys campaign claims that presenting play in a way that suggests some activities are linked more to boys or girls inflicts "long-lasting" harm on children.

The majority of 500 advertisers surveyed admitting producing campaigns which featured same-sex couples and non-traditional families even if doing so clashed with their brand identity, while half of respondents reported using fewer white people, who they said no longer represented "modern society".

While Let Toys Be Toys insists that gender stereotypes are "tired and out of date", research suggests that the sexes have a biological predisposition to certain toys, with children as young as nine months-old preferring toys specific to their gender.

Even the monkeys are sexist!

QuoteThe trend has also been seen in other primates, with scientists having observed that male rhesus monkeys preferred to play with wheeled toys, such as toy trucks over plush dolls, which were preferred by the females.

:2r4ml1j_th: is wrong with these nasty sexist monkeys?  they need to be sent to sensitivity re-education camps immediately  :t1929:[/quote]
lol, I think so  Wazzzup.

:laugh:

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Fashionista"I expect universities to prepare young men and women to be tomorrow's leaders not brainwashing them into being a bunch of weaklings searching every word for injustice.

Well said!   :t1236:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"I expect universities to prepare young men and women to be tomorrow's leaders not brainwashing them into being a bunch of weaklings searching every word for injustice.

That social engineering bs was going on at my son's university too.

Angry White Male

It had already just started when I went to school, but was minimal in nature at that point.

Now we teach elementary school kids that it's OK to choose your gender, and it's even OK to be 'genderless.'

We teach them that white people are always bad, and minorities are always good.

It's a fucking disgraceful joke.  I can certainly see the allure of private schools, and I am thankful I do not have children that have to be raised in this new 'curriculum.'

Back then, boys were still boys, and calling each other 'fags' was just normal.  MACHO MAN RANDY SAVAGE, OH YEAH!

Angry White Male

Just recently a Chilliwack school district employee publicly criticized allowing kids to choose their own gender, and he received hell for doing so.  He was just stating his opinion that he disagrees with this, and of course there were screams for him to quit his job.

The future is fucked, and I'm glad I do not have kids.  I'm glad I'll be dead before things really get bad, which I'm sure they will.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Just recently a Chilliwack school district employee publicly criticized allowing kids to choose their own gender, and he received hell for doing so.  He was just stating his opinion that he disagrees with this, and of course there were screams for him to quit his job.

The future is fucked, and I'm glad I do not have kids.  I'm glad I'll be dead before things really get bad, which I'm sure they will.

Nobody chooses their gender, least of all a child.

Angry White Male

That was his point.  However, people have been brainwashed into stupidity these days.  Whenever stupidity is celebrated and endorsed, what other outcome could there be?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"That was his point.  However, people have been brainwashed into stupidity these days.  Whenever stupidity is celebrated and endorsed, what other outcome could there be?

School boards know no child chooses their gender anymore than they choose their parents..

Why aren't the parents complaining about this garbage?

This nonsense would get a teacher relieved of their duties at my children's school.

Angry White Male

My cousin has a kid that's now in high school, but when he was in elementary school he decided to turn gay...  that was somewhat short-lived though.

When I went to elementary school, such bullshit would have been unheard of.

NOBODY acted gay, even if they were.  Of all the kids I went to school with, one did end up gay, but we always had a funny feeling about him anyhow.  He decided to take a walk on the brown side instead.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"Why aren't the parents complaining about this garbage?

Parents that complain get ostracized in the community.

Complaining would go against the status quo.

IRISH KAM

My Childrens primary school changed the words to ' Baa Baa BLACK sheep '

They made the children sing ' Baa Baa RAINBOW Sheep ' , i fuckin mock u not .

My children still sang BLACK sheep , as i explained to them , that theres nothing wrong with the original wording .

Read my SIG .
LIBERALISM IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN TERRORISM ! ( KAM )

Angry White Male

Quote from: "IRISH KAM"My Childrens primary school changed the words to ' Baa Baa BLACK sheep '

They made the children sing ' Baa Baa RAINBOW Sheep ' , i fuckin mock u not .

My children still sang BLACK sheep , as i explained to them , that theres nothing wrong with the original wording .

Fuck...  Things are getting goofier than I thought.

When I was a kid, which wasn't that long ago, we still recited this like this:

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe,

Catch a Nigger by the toe.

If he hollers, let him go,

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe.