News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Modern "pop" music is scientifically proven as crap.

Started by Bricktop, December 18, 2017, 06:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"No, his

Quote from: "Fashionista"Very good and diverse musical selections cc.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Do you play an instrument?

Ya, kinda is a wide spread ... extremely picky though ... only real talent or real fun person

I pick the best talent and people of many genres

Used to play Spanish guitar a lot & a bit of steel guitar  ... not so much of late

Didn't do much with accompaniment - I never studied music, just picked it up and did it "my way" .. . my timing changes  - too undisciplined to make good music with others

I love the sound of both.

ac_smile

cc

True enough Brick. While there are a few  singers who play extremely well,

there are MANY for whom it's just a prop
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Yep.

"I can't play guitar and I can't sing...so I'll just do "country" songs instead".

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"Music has always been this way, at least for the last many decades anyhow...  The producer will tell the artist what to do, and he/she really hasn't much choice, if he/she wants a paycheck.

The Sex Pistols are a great example of a "fabricated" band also, don't forget...

True artists are very rarely given much freedom to do what they want.  A small handful could demand artistic control, other didn't give a shit and did what they wanted to (Nirvana), but most just dance to the tune of whatever label is issuing them cheques.

This is true.  The music industry is fucked.  I like my peaceful little life,

What kind of music do you listen to Berry?

Actually....I really don't listen to music.  I find it boring.   Majority of music today is just garbage, stupid lyrics.  I seldom listen to classical, or cd's of water sounds, chimes, birds chirping.

When I was younger I enjoyed Micheal Jackson, some Madonna, not much.

I found myself listening to Boney M last night...little drummer boy and feliz navidad.

cc

Brick:

There are many outside of country who can't play or sing

and a "few" gems in country who do both well

Writing and direction are core elements of ALL good music .. timing for instrumentation and speeds, relative volume,  "feeling"  etc

A few just have it all naturally. Most don't and are products of commercial propaganda

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Music has always been this way, at least for the last many decades anyhow...  The producer will tell the artist what to do, and he/she really hasn't much choice, if he/she wants a paycheck.

The Sex Pistols are a great example of a "fabricated" band also, don't forget...

True artists are very rarely given much freedom to do what they want.  A small handful could demand artistic control, other didn't give a shit and did what they wanted to (Nirvana), but most just dance to the tune of whatever label is issuing them cheques.

Actually....I really don't listen to music.  I find it boring.   Majority of music today is just garbage, stupid lyrics.  I seldom listen to classical, or cd's of water sounds, chimes, birds chirping.

I found myself listening to Boney M last night...little drummer boy and feliz navidad.

Is there any older music you like?

cc

Diamond was loved in most of Oz especially ... so many tours there ... a master of "timing" and volume

Mate got me his "Thank You Australia Tour" DVD - he was at his best in it

I prefer singers / musicians who are great performers ... can speak to the heart and soul of the listener

Bricktop

Quote from: "cc"Brick:

There are many outside of country who can't play or sing

and a "few" gems in country who do both well

Writing and direction are core elements of ALL good music .. timing for instrumentation, relative volume,  "feeling"  etc

Of course.

I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

But there are soooooo many talentless, unimaginative, whiny millenial performers who pick up an acoustic guitar and just play simply country music style chords and riffs to sing about how bad the world is, why they can't find love, why they don't have money and why they can't get music lessons.

Case in point.

">

Nothing...just the same old dirge over and over...

Bricktop

Quote from: "cc"Diamond was loved in most of Oz especially ... so many tours there ... a master of "timing" and volume

Mate got me his "Thank You Australia Tour" DVD - he was at his best in it

I prefer singers / musicians who are great performers ... can speak to the heart and soul of the listener

Here next year.

http://s1.ticketm.net/tm/en-au/dam/a/7d9/5c19b1a6-2a49-411c-99a5-22a3b88c87d9_560671_CUSTOM.jpg">

Berry Sweet

Is there any older music you like?

Yes there is...not at the top of my mind right now but I'll think and then post if I remember.

It's like a memories night tonight...I just told Lo a bunch of stories of her when she was little and some Xmas stories of when I was little....it was quite fun! She enjoyed that.  I'm thinking of getting the old projector out and watch films with Lo of me as a child....projector and film...gawd...I'm getting old! Lol

Anonymous

Yes there is...not at the top of my mind right now but I'll think and then post if I remember.

It's like a memories night tonight...I just told Lo a bunch of stories of her when she was little and some Xmas stories of when I was little....it was quite fun! She enjoyed that.  I'm thinking of getting the old projector out and watch films with Lo of me as a child....projector and film...gawd...I'm getting old! Lol

No pressure Berry..

You get well and enjoy the projector film..

I don't know anyone that owns a projector.