News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10409
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:23:53 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Where do you come down on this? (When is vigilante Justice warranted?)

Started by Wazzzup, December 18, 2017, 12:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wazzzup

Dunno

I have seen a lot of this lately.  Like the Somali cop not even charged with anything for the murder of an unarmed Australian woman in Pajamas, or the girl that got only a year, plus probation for the hate crime, torture, kidnapping of a mentally disabled white man.

Denying people justice is like victimizing them all over again.  I am surprised more people dont take the law into their own hands when stupid judges let people go with little or no punishment for often the worst of crimes.

Anonymous

The most famous case like that in Canada is VInce Li..

He killed, beheaded and cannibalized a sleeping passenger on a Greyhound bus in 2008..

He's a free man today.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

Dunno

I have seen a lot of this lately.  Like the Somali cop not even charged with anything for the murder of an unarmed Australian woman in Pajamas, or the girl that got only a year, plus probation for the hate crime, torture, kidnapping of a mentally disabled white man.

Denying people justice is like victimizing them all over again.  I am surprised more people dont take the law into their own hands when stupid judges let people go with little or no punishment for often the worst of crimes.

I dunno either Wazzzup. I could say I wouldn't go vigilante, but Ms. Monk is not my sister or girlfriend.

Frood

Self defense killing is fine. Revenge killing is not. The couple crossed the line, no matter how much he deserved it.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Self defense killing is fine. Revenge killing is not. The couple crossed the line, no matter how much he deserved it.

I generally agree.  If Crehan walked in on Noce while he was sexually assaulting Monk and he killed him, he probably would not spent a night in jail. Still, I don't know what I would do if I was in their shoes. Justice denied is a bitter pill to swallow.

Frood

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Self defense killing is fine. Revenge killing is not. The couple crossed the line, no matter how much he deserved it.

I generally agree.  If Crehan walked in on Noce while he was sexually assaulting Monk and he killed him, he probably would not spend a night in jail. Still, I don't know what I would do if I was in their shoes. Justice denied is a bitter pill to swallow.

They could have mounted a public smear campaign and ruined his life instead, like he almost did to her.

That would be fair.

It's not like the smears would be lies.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

I generally agree.  If Crehan walked in on Noce while he was sexually assaulting Monk and he killed him, he probably would not spend a night in jail. Still, I don't know what I would do if I was in their shoes. Justice denied is a bitter pill to swallow.

They could have mounted a public smear campaign and ruined his life instead, like he almost did to her.

That would be fair.

They could have tried, but it's still justice denied. He should have been locked up for a very long time.

Frood

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

That would be fair.

They could have tried, but it's still justice denied. He should have been locked up for a very long time.

I dunno. Locking him up costs money and shields him from the contempt. Getting shunned is far worse especially if it follows him in every aspect of his remaining years.
Blahhhhhh...

Wazzzup

that's why we have a judicial system, so that instead of revenge we have the state give us justice.  But when the state doesn't give us the justice we desrve what choice is left?

I know if my wife or one of my kids were killed and the person who did it got off with almost no punishment I would probably finish them off, even though I am not normally a violent person.

the state risks creating criminals out of decent citizens if it does not punish people adequately.

This judge should be impeached.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

that's why we have a judicial system, so that instead of revenge we have the state give us justice.  But when the state doesn't give us the justice we desrve what choice is left?

I know if my wife or one of my kids were killed and the person who did it got off with almost no punishment I would probably finish them off, even though I am not normally a violent person.

the state risks creating criminals out of decent citizens if it does not punish people adequately.

This judge should be impeached.

For you as a married family man, it's an easy choice. But, for me I simply don't know what I'd do. I wouldn't rule out anything,

Odinson

My friend shot a guy to the head from a few centimeters away with a shotgun because the guy had beat up his girlfriend..

Wasnt supposed to go that way but the bastard just kept on agitating my friend.

He is out of the prison now..

Bricktop

Sounds like trailer trash doing what trailer trash does.

Nothing to see here.

Anonymous

I would want justice if the courts denied it to me. Whether I acted on it is a different story.

Bricktop

Odinson

That boy is a real whiteknight...

That stuff happened before the little hoe was his.