News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8490
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:14:13 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Modern "pop" music is scientifically proven as crap.

Started by Bricktop, December 18, 2017, 06:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fthumbpress.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F05%2FDiving-Fails-6.gif&f=1">

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Music has always been this way, at least for the last many decades anyhow...  The producer will tell the artist what to do, and he/she really hasn't much choice, if he/she wants a paycheck.

The Sex Pistols are a great example of a "fabricated" band also, don't forget...

True artists are very rarely given much freedom to do what they want.  A small handful could demand artistic control, other didn't give a shit and did what they wanted to (Nirvana), but most just dance to the tune of whatever label is issuing them cheques.

This is true.  The music industry is fucked.  I like my peaceful little life,

Angry White Male

The beauty is, is that we now have the greatest freedom to listen to anything we want to...

As a kid, we would dub songs from one another, on double cassette machines...  Not anymore.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"Music has always been this way, at least for the last many decades anyhow...  The producer will tell the artist what to do, and he/she really hasn't much choice, if he/she wants a paycheck.

The Sex Pistols are a great example of a "fabricated" band also, don't forget...

True artists are very rarely given much freedom to do what they want.  A small handful could demand artistic control, other didn't give a shit and did what they wanted to (Nirvana), but most just dance to the tune of whatever label is issuing them cheques.

This is true.  The music industry is fucked.  I like my peaceful little life,

What kind of music do you listen to Berry?

cc

Modern pop and Rap are to "music"  ... what stick figures are to "art"
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Modern pop and Rap are to "music"  ... what stick figures are to "art"

I know you like Roy Clark's guitar picking, but what else do you like?

cc

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "cc"Modern pop and Rap are to "music"  ... what stick figures are to "art"

Everything from Cohen, all the way to  classical Moúschouri and much of similar quality in between

Music that flows, moves  .... that "moves me" inside  and / or "makes me want to move" outside

I'm putting together some examples . I'll post in a bit

Odinson

The music industry has decided to create a lot of shooting-stars instead of real stars..

They vomit out music.. Quantity over quality..

People are getting more dull headed and thats why simple music is getting more popular..

Same goes for every other industry..

cc

cc

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Everything from Cohen,

">

">

Orbison

">

">

KD Lang

">

Orbison & Lang

">

Diamond

">

all the way to  classical Moúschouri

">

and many other similar talents in between

Yes. I do love excellent guitar pickin,  - solos in the middle of Pretty Woman & Bird on the Wire carry me away from harsh reality into off another world

Music that flows, moves  .... that moves me and / or makes me want to move

Chet Atkins / Mark Knopler (much as I detested Lennon as a person, he wrote one pretty sounding piece of music)

">

-----------------------

CHET ATKINS (Finger-Style)

">

MARK KNOPFLER

mark knopfler sultans of swing

">

A Favorite Song -

ROY Clark

">

">

A FUN ONE

">

MARTY ROBBINS

">

">

">

Anonymous

Very good and diverse musical selections cc.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Do you play an instrument?

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"Very good and diverse musical selections cc.

She plays with her flute..

cc

No, his

Quote from: "Fashionista"Very good and diverse musical selections cc.

Ya, kinda is a wide spread ... extremely picky though ... only real talent or real fun person

I pick the best talent and people of many genres

Used to play Spanish guitar a lot & a bit of steel guitar  ... not so much of late

Didn't do much with accompaniment - I never studied music, just picked it up and did it "my way" .. . my timing changes  - too undisciplined to make good music with others

Bricktop

Nowadays, acoustic guitars should be declared illegal in the hands of the muppets playing the same tune and chord structure with the same whiny "country" twang vocals in lieu of genuine singing.