Last post: Today at 11:15:05 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

All aboard the Nazi ship!

Started by Angry White Male, December 24, 2017, 09:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aryan

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "SCOUSE"Cool pics!  :thumbup:

Those are the only two pics I have from his time at war.  There were no more.

He rarely spoke of his time in Africa, but where he was was literally like it's own city!  You could apply for different jobs, and I know a restaurant hired him on the spot.  I know it's a time he preferred not to dwell on, nor reminisce about.

Much poverty there also.  You'd by rollies if you smoked, since tailormades were often not in the budget, and you could then roll up what's left in butts.

His Father, my Great-Grandfather, was actually quite high up in the Nazi regime at the time.  He NEVER spoke about what his job was.  Not even his immediate family knew what his job was.  He took that to his death bed, even long after the war had ended.

I think that to cope, it's often just better not to linger too long onto thoughts of bad times of the past...  Not everyone can do this, but they seemed to manage.

You know someone is the real deal when they don't boast about what they supposedly did during war time, the big talkers are normally full of shit.

Anonymous

Cronus

the best circus always has the biggest freakshow.... thats just the human condition....

Anonymous

Quote from: "Cronus"
">

Audrey Hepburn lead an extraordinary life.