Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Death Penalty.

Started by Angry White Male, December 29, 2017, 02:19:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Zetsu"

Lol I hate to say this but you're quite right, I remember my 2nd brother used to work as a top security correctional officer in Kingston, Ontario and told me his starting wage was about 65K a year and there's already like 1 officer for every 8 inmates, along with hundreds of other professional staff and the prison facility is built to offer the service of a small town like work shops, chapel, kitchen, gym, recreational center and all other service, while no other facility can offer service close to this aside from a one and only 10 billion USD super aircraft carriers, which even China can't afford or have the tech to construct.  Along with the government pays inmates money to go to school, pays them money to take a bath and to learn other trade skills, just so they save up enough money to last for a while right after being released from prison.  In the end the system is just so imbalance and could seriously learn a thing or 2 from how Japan can manage to use their prisoners to a level productive enough to even help build a city, while ours are paid to do nothing, or least nothing productive in return.

Its absolutely ridiculous!   And yes their starting wages are ridiculously high.

What pisses me off most is the amount recourses available to inmates and they dont take them seriously.  Most of them are repeat offenders...so that proves that rehabilitation doesnt work.

Fuck the rehabilitation,  put them to work for zero pay...you dont get and work, throw them in the hole.

Berry Sweet

As for criminals commiting serious crimes like muder or raping/molesting a child....a quick bullet to the head.  Bye bye fucker.  Theres too many people in this world to care about these pukes.  Take that money and use it to help educate children and provide resources for law abiding citizens who want to do good in their lives.  Treat inmates lile cattle in prison and maybe they might think twice before committing stupid crimes.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "seoulbro"I don't really think a lot about these non economic issues.

Economically, there is an advantage to terminating people like Clifford Olson.  Housing them for life costs $$$...

I remember reading that the real  costs are for trials..

A murder trial is very expensive and of course so are appeals.

Housing 1 inmate per year in Canada costs over $100,000.  All of their medical and dental is paid for.

Children who are poverty stricken dont even get any help.  The system is wrong.

Prisons are a business.  There is a shit load pf money to be made off these useless criminals.  The guards make money off inmates for bringing in drugs and other banned collateral into the prison. ..even cell phones...those guards make a killing by abusing that.

A big chunk of that is salaries and defined benefit pension plans. It sure as hell does not cost that much to house and feed inmates.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "seoulbro"I don't really think a lot about these non economic issues.

Economically, there is an advantage to terminating people like Clifford Olson.  Housing them for life costs $$$...

Housing 1 inmate per year in Canada costs over $100,000.  All of their medical and dental is paid for.

Prisons are a business.  There is a shit load pf money to be made off these useless criminals.  The guards make money off inmates for bringing in drugs and other banned collateral into the prison. ..even cell phones...those guards make a killing by abusing that.

A big chunk of that is salaries and defined benefit pension plans. It sure as hell does not cost that much to house and feed inmates.

Yes.  That is why I mentioned prison is a business.   The system is wrong and justice is a joke.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Yes.  That is why I mentioned prison is a business.   The system is wrong and justice is a joke.

That's not how a business operates. That's a sinkhole for tax dollars like many government departments.

Angry White Male

Knows the world, and its ways, but unable to edit quotes...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Knows the world, and its ways, but unable to edit quotes...

You are able to edit your own posts just like anyone else.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"You are able to edit your own posts just like anyone else.

You'll have to bare with me...

Some posters are lazy, or simply do not know or care, how to edit out quotes from their posts.

In many forums, this is done for them automatically.  Here, it is not.

However, I thank you for taking the time to tell me something that I already now, albeit unknowingly...

Frood

Lol I hate to say this but you're quite right, I remember my 2nd brother used to work as a top security correctional officer in Kingston, Ontario and told me his starting wage was about 65K a year and there's already like 1 officer for every 8 inmates, along with hundreds of other professional staff and the prison facility is built to offer the service of a small town like work shops, chapel, kitchen, gym, recreational center and all other service, while no other facility can offer service close to this aside from a one and only 10 billion USD super aircraft carriers, which even China can't afford or have the tech to construct.  Along with the government pays inmates money to go to school, pays them money to take a bath and to learn other trade skills, just so they save up enough money to last for a while right after being released from prison.  In the end the system is just so imbalance and could seriously learn a thing or 2 from how Japan can manage to use their prisoners to a level productive enough to even help build a city, while ours are paid to do nothing, or least nothing productive in return.

Its absolutely ridiculous!   And yes their starting wages are ridiculously high.

What pisses me off most is the amount recourses available to inmates and they dont take them seriously.  Most of them are repeat offenders...so that proves that rehabilitation doesnt work.

Fuck the rehabilitation,  put them to work for zero pay...you dont get and work, throw them in the hole.

Sounds like vigilante slavery.

Look at the prison population of the US. Per capita it outstrips every other. The greater portion of that population are there because of victimless and often drug related prosecutions. That 'war on drugs'.

Those people are the victims. Not the State. The State is a figment of imagination. It doesn't actually exist. There are just people on this planet. Some harm themselves. Some harm others. Some pretend to be various flag supporters of fictitious cults called government simply because their parents once fcked or gave birth within imaginary boundaries.

Criminality is more often than not a big fat lie with inhumane consequences.

I'm surprised that you're so gung ho about criminality when you've admitted to being a chronic pot smoker, Berry.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

Sounds like vigilante slavery.

Look at the prison population of the US. Per capita it outstrips every other. The greater portion of that population are there because of victimless and often drug related prosecutions. That 'war on drugs'.

Those people are the victims. Not the State. The State is a figment of imagination. It doesn't actually exist. There are just people on this planet. Some harm themselves. Some harm others. Some pretend to be various flag supporters of fictitious cults called government simply because their parents once fcked or gave birth within imaginary boundaries.

Criminality is more often than not a big fat lie with inhumane consequences.

I'm surprised that you're so gung ho about criminality when you've admitted to being a chronic pot smoker, Berry.

Violent crime is real and so are the victims.

Frood

What's that got to do with Berry smoking joints or cones?
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

There's no doubt the wages for federal prisons and the union backing them up need to be scrapped asap.  Even my 2nd brother that work there told me he felt like a thief everyday, getting paid every hour just to sit in front of a bunch of CCTV, or another day sitting next to a patient sleeping on the hospital bed after completing a surgery and him just reading the news paper.  The movies and documentaries always like make a big deal out of maximum security prisons, but in reality my brother says it's one of the most simplest jobs that can exist despite how he manage to get in for 1 in every 3000 applicants.  And yea rehabilitation isn't that effective either, like my brother had said the prison is the best place were inmates all huddle together to share their knowledge on how to commit more effective crimes, making it harder for cops to catch them, if rehabilitation works, it's only effective on the inmates house in minimum security prisons.  And I totally agree with what you've said, for serious offenders they should just save us tax payer's money by offering the simple solution of putting a bullet in their heads.  :fgj(5):
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

There's no doubt the wages for federal prisons and the union backing them up need to be scrapped asap.  Even my 2nd brother that work there told me he felt like a thief everyday, getting paid every hour just to sit in front of a bunch of CCTV, or another day sitting next to a patient sleeping on the hospital bed after completing a surgery and him just reading the news paper.  The movies and documentaries always like make a big deal out of maximum security prisons, but in reality my brother says it's one of the most simplest jobs that can exist despite how he manage to get in for 1 in every 3000 applicants.  And yea rehabilitation isn't that effective either, like my brother had said the prison is the best place were inmates all huddle together to share their knowledge on how to commit more effective crimes, making it harder for cops to catch them, if rehabilitation works, it's only effective on the inmates house in minimum security prisons.  And I totally agree with what you've said, for serious offenders they should just save us tax payer's money by offering the simple solution of putting a bullet in their heads.  :fgj(5):

The job is a dogger's dream.