Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

You'd think food businesses would want to be open on New Years Eve

Started by Frood, December 30, 2017, 11:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

But try finding an open fish and chips shop at 3 in the afternoon.

I called over a dozen businesses and all but two never picked up. One that answered immediately put it out that they had no more chips. Wtf?

The last one is probably the best fish and chip shop in 30k radius. Greeks are the bomb.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"But try finding an open fish and chips shop at 3 in the afternoon.

I called over a dozen businesses and all but two never picked up. One that answered immediately put it out that they had no more chips. Wtf?

The last one is probably the best fish and chip shop in 30k radius. Greeks are the bomb.

It's not like that where I live. Every food store will be open late hoping for some drunks needing after drinks food.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"But try finding an open fish and chips shop at 3 in the afternoon.

It's not like that where I live. Every food store will be open late hoping for some drunks needing after drinks food.

I think most pizza shops are open late tomorrow..

I could be wrong though.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "seoulbro"

I think most pizza shops are open late tomorrow..

I could be wrong though.

In a city, yes they will.

Anonymous

It seems it's regular business hours today..

But, most stores and restaurants will have holiday hours tomorrow.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"It seems it's regular business hours today..

But, most stores and restaurants will have holiday hours tomorrow.

I just got back from the supermarket. It's hard to find parking.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna" Greeks are the bomb.

I know eh?  I'm half Greek!  Opa!

Berry Sweet

You 'stralians do things differently...here in Canada, it's so diverse...many places will be open new years eve and day, even for xmas...not everyone celebrates the holiday and many people are quick to jump to work that day for double time / time & half pay.

I personally find new years boring, it's the same old shit...have a few drinks, have some bites to eat, watch someone get totally wasted and make a fool out themselves...same old boring NYC times square shit on TV and don't even get me started on Canada...they are sooo boring with their televised shit.

The funny part is knowing how may people are going to hung over and screwed tomorrow...and not to mention a plethora of people broke and racked up credit card bills from ridiculous holiday spending.  Here's to 2018!  As soon as I wake up and put my feet on the ground, they will say, shit..here comes Berry....yeeeaaahhh!!  I been waiting for this moment for a while!

Anonymous

My mother is here  today..

I am just to sick to cook the ham.

Anonymous

My gf and I went out to a New Years day brunch at a hotel. The food was exquisite.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna" Greeks are the bomb.

I know eh?  I'm half Greek!  Opa!

That's it, I'm coming with you when you go to your parents house for the next Greek feast.