The best topic

Replies: 8530
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 06:52:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Farmer's Markets are Racist!

Started by Wazzzup, December 29, 2017, 06:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Most things in a Farmer's Market are priced more than the items I buy in my grocery store. So, why would I want to pay more?

They are expensive, but the quality is usually better than a grocery store.

I go with what's convenient and my grocery store is and they sell the organic items. Each week, there is a farmer's market in my office building. If I like the produce, I do buy it like succulent-looking strawberries and other fruits and vegetables.

Every working person does.

Frood

Bulk buying every once in awhile solves the time dilemma.
Blahhhhhh...

@realAzhyaAryola

On a delightful day, I walk to my grocery store.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"On a delightful day, I walk to my grocery store.

That would be pleasant.

Frood

That reminds me I need to shower and walk to the shops for some tomatoes. The LO keeps eating them like apples.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/27/farmers-markets-called-racist-habits-of-white-peop/">https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... hite-peop/">https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/27/farmers-markets-called-racist-habits-of-white-peop/

QuoteTwo professors from San Diego State University claim in a new book that farmers' markets in urban areas are weed-like "white spaces" responsible for oppression.

Pascale Joassart-Marcelli and Fernando J Bosco are part of an anthology released this month titled "Just Green Enough." The work, published by Routledge, claims there is a correlation between the "whiteness of farmers' markets" and gentrification.

"Farmers' markets are often white spaces where the food consumption habits of white people are normalized," the SDSU professors write, the education watchdog Campus Reform reported Wednesday.

The geology professors claim that 44 percent of San Diego's farmers' markets cater to "households from higher socio-economic backgrounds," which raises property values and "[displaces] low-income residents and people of color."

"The most insidious part of this gentrification process is that alternative food initiatives work against the community activists and residents who first mobilized to fight environmental injustices and provide these amenities but have significantly less political and economic clout than developers and real estate professionals," the academics write.

The authors claim that negative externalities of "white habitus" formed at farmers' markets can be managed through "inclusive steps that balance new initiatives and neighborhood stability to make cities 'just green enough.'"

Wow, and I thought they were just places where you could buy stuff like fruits and vegetables.  I had no idea they were evil waycism all along.  :swoon:

The farmers markets here have a lot of Hutterites selling their crap. They are a bunch of inbred racist hillbillies, so there could be some truth to what the fruity prof is saying. ac_lmfao

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/27/farmers-markets-called-racist-habits-of-white-peop/">https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... hite-peop/">https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/27/farmers-markets-called-racist-habits-of-white-peop/

QuoteTwo professors from San Diego State University claim in a new book that farmers' markets in urban areas are weed-like "white spaces" responsible for oppression.

Pascale Joassart-Marcelli and Fernando J Bosco are part of an anthology released this month titled "Just Green Enough." The work, published by Routledge, claims there is a correlation between the "whiteness of farmers' markets" and gentrification.

"Farmers' markets are often white spaces where the food consumption habits of white people are normalized," the SDSU professors write, the education watchdog Campus Reform reported Wednesday.

The geology professors claim that 44 percent of San Diego's farmers' markets cater to "households from higher socio-economic backgrounds," which raises property values and "[displaces] low-income residents and people of color."

"The most insidious part of this gentrification process is that alternative food initiatives work against the community activists and residents who first mobilized to fight environmental injustices and provide these amenities but have significantly less political and economic clout than developers and real estate professionals," the academics write.

The authors claim that negative externalities of "white habitus" formed at farmers' markets can be managed through "inclusive steps that balance new initiatives and neighborhood stability to make cities 'just green enough.'"

Wow, and I thought they were just places where you could buy stuff like fruits and vegetables.  I had no idea they were evil waycism all along.  :swoon:

The farmers markets here have a lot of Hutterites selling their crap. They are a bunch of inbred racist hillbillies, so there could be some truth to what the fruity prof is saying. ac_lmfao

I think I saw some of them at a grocery store when I was in Calgary.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Herman"The farmers markets here have a lot of Hutterites selling their crap. They are a bunch of inbred racist hillbillies, so there could be some truth to what the fruity prof is saying. ac_lmfao

Jealous that Germanic people are doing better than you?  You don't have to buy from them.

Just as the Amish (Germanic) need nothing from you either.  They are self sufficient.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Herman"The farmers markets here have a lot of Hutterites selling their crap. They are a bunch of inbred racist hillbillies, so there could be some truth to what the fruity prof is saying. ac_lmfao

Jealous that Germanic people are doing better than you?  You don't have to buy from them.

Just as the Amish (Germanic) need nothing from you either.  They are self sufficient.

They don't own anything. Their grand poo bahs own it all. I have a farm, that's all mine. Those inbred hillbillies would pay me to bang their ugly girls. Everybody wants some Slavic blood.

Angry White Male

They own huge tracts of land, have a white baby birth rate that trumps any others, and are completely self-sufficient, not relying on the Gov for a single fucking thing.

These people should be admired.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"They own huge tracts of land, have a white baby birth rate that trumps any others, and are completely self-sufficient, not relying on the Gov for a single fucking thing.

These people should be admired.

It's similar to Israeli Kibbutzes..

But, I have heard they pay men to expand the gene pool..

Perhaps it's an urban legend.

Frood

They aren't self sufficient. They are more removed.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

Are  there Hutterite colonies in Australia.

Lance Leftardashian

It is a deplorable disgrace how white these racist farmers markets are.
I care, you pay

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

Are  there Hutterite colonies in Australia.

Very few anabaptists here period.
Blahhhhhh...