Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Saturday Mornings with Superchecker!

Started by Superchecker, January 06, 2018, 08:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superchecker

Good Morning! Happy Saturday!

Just waking up here; enjoyed a breakfast wrap and tea for breakfast.

Glad to see Canada won Gold last night at the world junior hockey.

Had a plumber over yesterday to deal with 2 old/aging sink faucets. Both needed replacing. I'm not the most skilled at such things so we called a professional. It cost a little more than I wanted, but it's done properly.

Went to Walmart yesterday, too many hot deals! I ended up spending $140!

Survived the first week of the long, winter, shift assignments. The kids were still out from school this past week, so it was a smoother that normal week.

Glad that we're not dealing with the extreme winter conditions much of central and eastern north America are dealing with.

We dealt with some freezing fog last weekend, turned the freeway into a sheet of ice! It's warmed up now to above freezing, with some rain here and there.

Meeting a family friend for lunch today, and then might catch the new Star Wars movie!

Got our annual property assessment: Up like nearly 30% from last year!

How's life treating you?
<t></t>

Anonymous

Good morning Superchecker.

ac_smile

So, Canada beat Sweden? It was tied at one each when I saw an update yesterday..

The same players will be  at Pyeongchang South Korea next month..

I have to go to Walmart today too for groceries, but I'm not looking for deals on anything..

We bought new Christmas decorations from Canadian Tire on Boxing Day and and saved fifty to seventy per cent..

Oh and we got our assessment from the city too, but we it wasn't up an amazing thirty per cent..

:ohmy:

We saw the Last Jedi, not as good as the Force Awakens, but worth watch..

Enjoy your day off Superchecker.

Blazor

Evidently its a walmart day lol. Thats on my to do list as well.

I know ya got money Super, so I dont blame ya for paying to replace the faucets, but faucet replacement is so easy. I replaced all mine myself and Im not the best plumber either lol.

I havent seen the new Star Wars yet, but I hear mixed reviews on it. Seems you either love it or hate it. Cant be as bad as I-III though with JarJar Binks lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Evidently its a walmart day lol. Thats on my to do list as well.

I know ya got money Super, so I dont blame ya for paying to replace the faucets, but faucet replacement is so easy. I replaced all mine myself and Im not the best plumber either lol.

I havent seen the new Star Wars yet, but I hear mixed reviews on it. Seems you either love it or hate it. Cant be as bad as I-III though with JarJar Binks lol.

We're lucky too, my husband is an electrician and he can do plumbing, masonry, all carpentry, auto repairs..

We had a big flood where I live in 2013 and we had to evacuate for a few days because the river was rising fast..

My husband bought materials, and was able to do all repairs himself..

He fixed the electrical on friends' houses too.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
We're lucky too, my husband is an electrician and he can do plumbing, masonry, all carpentry, auto repairs..

We had a big flood where I live in 2013 and we had to evacuate for a few days because the river was rising fast..

My husband bought materials, and was able to do all repairs himself..

He fixed the electrical on friends' houses too.

Thats awesome  :thumbup:

My grandfather was an electrician, I've debated about becoming one before. Of course I would need to be an apprentice or have some schooling for it.

I try to fix stuff myself too, unless I dont have the know-how or tools to do it. Even if I dont know, I will research it, and only if still seems too complex will I call in reinforcements lol.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Evidently its a walmart day lol. Thats on my to do list as well.

SC hired someone to replace faucets. Anybody can do that. It's idiot proof.

Maybe SC was feeling lazy, or just did not have the time.

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Im gonna go with not having time lol, he seems like a busy person.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

That must be it. SC likes having a lot on his plate.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

Maybe he doesn't have basic tools in his condo.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"Good Morning! Happy Saturday!

Just waking up here; enjoyed a breakfast wrap and tea for breakfast.

Glad to see Canada won Gold last night at the world junior hockey.

Had a plumber over yesterday to deal with 2 old/aging sink faucets. Both needed replacing. I'm not the most skilled at such things so we called a professional. It cost a little more than I wanted, but it's done properly.

Went to Walmart yesterday, too many hot deals! I ended up spending $140!

Survived the first week of the long, winter, shift assignments. The kids were still out from school this past week, so it was a smoother that normal week.

Glad that we're not dealing with the extreme winter conditions much of central and eastern north America are dealing with.

We dealt with some freezing fog last weekend, turned the freeway into a sheet of ice! It's warmed up now to above freezing, with some rain here and there.

Meeting a family friend for lunch today, and then might catch the new Star Wars movie!

Got our annual property assessment: Up like nearly 30% from last year!

How's life treating you?

No days off for me until the end of March. I am getting too old for this shit.

Angry White Male

Ya, my condo went up 28%, according to BC Assessment.

This trend shall serve me well, when I decide to sell and remove myself from the big city shithole...