I had a visitor yesterday

Started by Bricktop, January 22, 2018, 08:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Six feet?

We call them "worms".

Meet Atomic Betty.

">

They are the longest snakes in the world.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Bricktop"I believe it, but I don't understand it...

"Blue-tongued skinks[2] comprise the Australasian genus Tiliqua, which contains some of the largest members of the skink family (Scincidae). They are commonly called blue-tongued lizards or simply blue-tongues in Australia. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue-tongued_skink">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue-tongued_skink

My son has a king snake as a pet.

Some types of king snakes can grow to be six feet long.

:ohmy:

I don't know kind it is.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"I was driving through Darwin once, and a reticulated python was crossing the road in front me, forcing me to slow down. Its head had reached its destination, but its tail was still on the other side of the road. Big wriggly.

They must have gotten loose from reptile parks like they have in Florida because when I looked it up it does not show Australia being part of their territory.

Our are called Carpet Pythons.

Odinson

Quote from: "Angry White Male"No native lizards here, but a few years back was driving home, and saw something fucking weird hanging onto a wooden telephone pole, about four feet off the ground.

Reversed to get a second look, and it was a fucking Iguana!  Never handled a reptile before, but had a good idea of what house it came from, due to where it was.

Grabbed the fucking thing, which was a new experience...  It whipped its tail around a bit, and I think it hissed too!  Weird fucking experience...

Nonetheless, the house I brought it to was in fact the owner, and thanked me for bringing it home.  These things don't live long here, unless in a controlled environment.

You probably have really small lizards.. Even we have them..

Common lizards.

Anonymous

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Odinson"You probably have really small lizards.. Even we have them..

Common lizards.

There's a very small handful of small lizards here that are limited to specific areas.

I'll be honest, I don't think I've ever seen any of them in the wild.  That's just how rare they are!