Last post: Today at 11:34:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Brent

The Irish

Started by kiebers, January 16, 2018, 10:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blazor

Quote from: Renee post_id=372699 time=1595708747 user_id=156
Quote from: Blazor post_id=372692 time=1595688473 user_id=2221
RENEE!!!!! You are playing the music of my people!!!  acc_hugz  :thumbup:  ac_drinks  ac_dance  :t4522:  :hapydancsmil:  :20iax5t_th:  :clapping:  :mrd0e1_th:

All the songs you posted over the last few days, I Jam those, a LOT lol. If you go through the St. Patricks thread or my Blazor thread, you will find those posted hahaha.

The only one I had not heard, was the last one you posted, the Rising of the Moon. I liked it! It had me whistling the tune and tapping my feet. The coffee flowing through my veins at this moment had me going a lil extra lol, Im sure my son is awake now hahaha.

:sm(38):  :35ivrxd:  :madserb:  :241:

Sadly I dont know a lot of Irish history, only a lil. So all that you posted about I enjoyed reading. I only knew some of that.

My family is Scots-Irish, of the Buchanan Clan. I've traced as far back as the late 1700's, but my dad thinks that was the guy who came over here, my great great great grandfather. My great great I can find info on, but barely any on the triple great lol. I have a pic of my great great on the wall, the one that fought in the Civil War for Virginia.

Glad you like it. I'll post some more when I get a chance.

Do you like the Clannad? Moya Brennen has a beautiful voice.

I'm half Irish on my father's side. My mom is New Jersey Italian but that is a whole nother story... My Grandparents came here right after WWII and settled in South Boston because they had family there and most of that side of the family is still living there. But I have had family on that side going back before the Civil War. I know some of my distant relatives were in the Massachusetts 28th and were attached to the 4th Regiment of the Irish Brigade. They fought at Antietam, The Wilderness, Chancellorsville, Fredricksburg, and Gettysburg,...You probably didn't want to hear that... :laugh3: Who knows, our relatives may have even shot at each other...  :confused1:

My dad is one of 5 childern and was the first in his immediate family to be born here. His two older brothers were born in Ireland and he has two younger sisters who were obviously born here as well.

I was raised pretty much as a typical Irish catholic except we ate a lot of Italian food... :laugh3: As kids my sister and I took at least 8 or 9 years of Irish dance lessons (I still hate that shit.. :laugh3: ) and me and my 2 sibs had to learn Gaelic so that we could impress our grandparents..

Cant recall if I've heard Clannad.

Cool history!

Hahaha at them shootin' at each other lol. A lot of folks up North didnt want to fight the South. Do you know if they were enlisted or drafted?

Hahaha, sounds like my dad and my aunts and uncles when they were growing up, Irish Catholic and eating lots of Italian food lol. Wonder if my grandma was part Italian on that side lol.

Super cool on Irish dancing! Gaelic does sound cool. Before Corona I would go to Celtic Jam Sessions, and they would sing in Gaelic sometimes.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Renee

Quote from: Blazor post_id=373011 time=1595864004 user_id=2221
Quote from: Renee post_id=372699 time=1595708747 user_id=156
Quote from: Blazor post_id=372692 time=1595688473 user_id=2221
RENEE!!!!! You are playing the music of my people!!!  acc_hugz  :thumbup:  ac_drinks  ac_dance  :t4522:  :hapydancsmil:  :20iax5t_th:  :clapping:  :mrd0e1_th:

All the songs you posted over the last few days, I Jam those, a LOT lol. If you go through the St. Patricks thread or my Blazor thread, you will find those posted hahaha.

The only one I had not heard, was the last one you posted, the Rising of the Moon. I liked it! It had me whistling the tune and tapping my feet. The coffee flowing through my veins at this moment had me going a lil extra lol, Im sure my son is awake now hahaha.

:sm(38):  :35ivrxd:  :madserb:  :241:

Sadly I dont know a lot of Irish history, only a lil. So all that you posted about I enjoyed reading. I only knew some of that.

My family is Scots-Irish, of the Buchanan Clan. I've traced as far back as the late 1700's, but my dad thinks that was the guy who came over here, my great great great grandfather. My great great I can find info on, but barely any on the triple great lol. I have a pic of my great great on the wall, the one that fought in the Civil War for Virginia.

Glad you like it. I'll post some more when I get a chance.

Do you like the Clannad? Moya Brennen has a beautiful voice.

I'm half Irish on my father's side. My mom is New Jersey Italian but that is a whole nother story... My Grandparents came here right after WWII and settled in South Boston because they had family there and most of that side of the family is still living there. But I have had family on that side going back before the Civil War. I know some of my distant relatives were in the Massachusetts 28th and were attached to the 4th Regiment of the Irish Brigade. They fought at Antietam, The Wilderness, Chancellorsville, Fredricksburg, and Gettysburg,...You probably didn't want to hear that... :laugh3: Who knows, our relatives may have even shot at each other...  :confused1:

My dad is one of 5 childern and was the first in his immediate family to be born here. His two older brothers were born in Ireland and he has two younger sisters who were obviously born here as well.

I was raised pretty much as a typical Irish catholic except we ate a lot of Italian food... :laugh3: As kids my sister and I took at least 8 or 9 years of Irish dance lessons (I still hate that shit.. :laugh3: ) and me and my 2 sibs had to learn Gaelic so that we could impress our grandparents..

Cant recall if I've heard Clannad.

Cool history!

Hahaha at them shootin' at each other lol. A lot of folks up North didnt want to fight the South. Do you know if they were enlisted or drafted?

Hahaha, sounds like my dad and my aunts and uncles when they were growing up, Irish Catholic and eating lots of Italian food lol. Wonder if my grandma was part Italian on that side lol.

Super cool on Irish dancing! Gaelic does sound cool. Before Corona I would go to Celtic Jam Sessions, and they would sing in Gaelic sometimes.

I'm not sure if my ancestors enlisted or were drafted. But if they were anything like the current brood of relatives I have in South Boston they probably enlisted....Those people live to get into or cause a fight. My dad always said that when your irish and live in Southy their are only 4 professions open to you when you grow up...Fireman, Cop, Priest and Criminal...and the favorite hobby of everyone is semi-pro boxing, including the women.... :laugh3:

If you have seen the video "The Season's Upon Us" by the Dropkick Murphys, that's my father's side of the family to a tee. The rotten nephews, my trashy female cousins, my drunk uncles and their bitching  shrew like, wives, all of it...The first time I saw the video I couldn't stop laughing now it just scares the hell out of me.... :laugh3:  

I don't spend a lot of time with that side of the family, I have one crazy cousin that I sometimes hang out with but generally contact with the Boston Irish side is limited to every other Christmas and Easter....It's just safer and less aggravating that way... :laugh3:

Gaelic is a very tough language. It's almost unrelatable to any European dialect. I have respect for anyone who can speak it well.. My dad is fluent in it as are all my uncles and aunts. I have a grasp of the basics. Some of my cousins can speak it but I don't think they are that good at it either. I can speak basic phrases and get the basic meaning of a song or conversation but that's about the extent of it. I speak and understand Italian better. It's a lot easier to pick up.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Renee

\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Renee

">

Another one that kills me... :sad:

Renee

This one is sung completely in Gaelic. The title translates to " The Green Stubble Fields of Autumn". It doesn't translate well to English but it's about a young man's lost love.

">

@realAzhyaAryola

Cool thread. I remember we once had a poster called The Irish Bloke.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Odinson

If you have ever wondered what Renee sounds like..

This is it...

Like a pissed off leprechaun.

">

Odinson

Renee

I'll bet the sheep thieves are British. The English have an affinity for shagging sheep. Just ask any Scotsman about that.

Renee

No collection of Irish music is complete without a rendition of Danny Boy....At every family funeral on my father's side they get an Irish tenor to sing this and I cry my fucking eyes out.... ac_crying

">

priscilla1961

Quote from: Renee post_id=378586 time=1599020229 user_id=156
No collection of Irish music is complete without a rendition of Danny Boy....At every family funeral on my father's side they get an Irish tenor to sing this and I cry my fucking eyes out.... ac_crying

">

:thumbup:
My Daughter Is Sweeter Than Fucking Sugar!!

Renee

Quote from: priscilla1961 post_id=378992 time=1599182765 user_id=1558
Quote from: Renee post_id=378586 time=1599020229 user_id=156

">

:thumbup:

Hi, Priscilla...How have you been?... ac_hithere

Renee

Anonymous

Quote from: Renee post_id=432646 time=1640914871 user_id=156
">

:mad:

Why are you mad?

Renee

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=432656 time=1640919334 user_id=3254
Quote from: Renee post_id=432646 time=1640914871 user_id=156
">

:mad:

Why are you mad?

Oh, I don't know. Maybe it's my disappointment at my fellow man for being imbeciles and dupes... Nothing new.

But then again maybe it's the atmosphere here... :laugh3:

This place has always been a little toxic from time to time and there have been times where I have done my share of poisoning the well. For this I do apologize but recently the feel of this place has been especially dark... But I guess it is to be expected as this place,  like all forums, is a microcosm of the real world. The balkanization of our society along the lines of "vax", "no vax" has become especially antagonistic and has basically caused me to retreat to sunnier climes. You know I am not one to back away from a fight but as I grow older, I see the fruitlessness of it all and I decline to partake, even in a joking manner. It simply holds nothing but frustration and aggravation for me.

Take care Fash.

Print
User actions