Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

The Day We Made Them Dance...

Started by Angry White Male, January 24, 2018, 08:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

I was in Grade 10, and my particular High School had just recently adopted the practice of 'integrating,' if you will, the mentally challenged into our high school.  They didn't actually sit in regular classes, since they were much too retarded for that, but they had their own 'class.'

Now, slackers and failures in school like me, were given the option to be 'tutors' in this class.  I guess they figured if we weren't learning anything anyhow, they might as well give us the option of making ourselves useful.  I signed up.  We'd do things like monitor them when they picked recyclables out of the trash, monitored them when they had to use the bathroom, etc.  This 'class' was one hour long, just like any other, and consisted of one 'block' out of eight classes we attended.  Grades earned in this 'class' were fully legitimate, and counted towards year end totals, just like any other class would.

Back to the story...  It was one of their birthdays, so this particular class was all about a 'party' for one of the mentally challenged, and the entire group as well.  First thing we needed was music, of course!  This class had an old, battered tape deck, so that was a start.  We started hunting through drawers, looking to see if we could find any cassettes.  We could only find two...  One was Zamfir, or one of those flute players, and the other was an old Rolling Stones cassette.  "Rewind" I think it may have been?  Well, Rolling Stones it was!

So we put it on and crank the POS cassette player as loud as it would play.  Surprisingly, most of the 'tards knew what to do!  And the couple that didn't, eventually sort of 'caught on.'

Now you have to picture this...  We're sitting in chairs along the back wall, having moved desks to make room for them, and here's a group of Mongo's in the center of the room trying to dance to "Start Me Up."  We tried to remain professional, but we just couldn't contain ourselves.  Once one guy broke out in laughter, the rest of us just couldn't help it!  Even the teacher couldn't control herself!  We all had tears in our eyes before long, including the teacher.  Oh man!  The mentally challenged were, of course, completely unaware that we weren't laughing with them, but at them.

That was the day we made the retards dance!

There are certain events that happen in ones life, that you just never seem to forget.  This was one of them.  Oh, and I did such a good job with Mongo, that I received a straight 'A' in that class at the end of the school year.  The only 'A' I ever received in High School.

Wonder whatever happened to Mongo?  Probably in some sort of government run facility now...

Blazor

I hope you danced with them. You know the song, "get ya back up off the wall, dance, come on!" lol.

">
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Blazor"I hope you danced with them.

We were laughing too hard!

Blazor

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
We were laughing too hard!

:laugh:

Angry White Male

This was before the days of cell cameras, but even if it wasn't, would have been in 'bad taste' to record 'em...  but Holy Hell it would've made for entertaining viewing.

Just some of the grunts and groans they made were alone enough to make it hard to keep composure, let alone their awkward movements and their odd physical characteristics.

Blazor

Angry White Male

^^^  Pretty much!  Now imagine a room full of 'em!

Blazor

As an observer lol

https://78.media.tumblr.com/883000e60d2f1be9096625e43db5b3b2/tumblr_mtloajp9e71rnt15xo1_400.gif">

Angry White Male

I'll tell you this much...  Once, we accompanied our Mongo's to a special outing for them, for like half the day.

Who do I see there?  One of the hottest girls in the entire school!  I guess she was planning on a career in 'tard tutoring or the likes, and I guess there's some kind of credits you can earn towards future goals, by volunteering for such events, which she was doing.

So another thing I learned, is that these weird fucking experiences...  these weird environments...  can open up the door to meeting people you never thought you'd meet.  Of course, she was much to classy for me, but the example is solid!

Bricktop

Once again, highlighting how much of an asshole you are.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Bricktop"Once again, highlighting how much of an asshole you are.

Buddy, you should be thanking me, for making a difference in the life of a mentally challenged individual, for zero remuneration.  Most wouldn't have the balls to step up to the plate!  I did!  Did you?

Blazor

You cant make the Angry PC! lol

Bricktop

Quote from: "Angry White Male"

Buddy, you should be thanking me, for making a difference in the life of a mentally challenged individual, for zero remuneration.  Most wouldn't have the balls to step up to the plate!  I did!  Did you?

Whilst you mocked and laughed at them?

Asshole.

Angry White Male

You sit and watch a roomful of Mongo's dance to "Start me Up," and see how long you can hold composure for...

IRISH KAM

LIBERALISM IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN TERRORISM ! ( KAM )