Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A

Lake Winnipeg is home to giant walleye

Started by Anonymous, January 29, 2018, 01:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Lake Winnipeg is renowned for big pickerel, but that is a monster.

I wonder how long it took him to fight it?

B iggest fish I ever caught was a 2 foot salmon (i think that's about 65 cms in Canada) it took about ten minutes to bring him in.

I'm better at snagging things.  I snagged a fairly large turtle on its foot, that took a good twenty to thirty minutes to bring him in, and another time I snagged a seagull in its wing.

I remember catching a salmon like that years ago on a trip to the US. The boss chartered a fishing excursion boat and threw a lunch and drinks day.

It took forever to get it to the surface. They used huge lead balls on wire to get the lures deep enough.

Did you eat it?  I don't eat fish, but my mother in law and wife ate the salmon I caught, and said it was the best fish they ever ate.  Nothing like freshness.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Lake Winnipeg is renowned for big pickerel, but that is a monster.

B iggest fish I ever caught was a 2 foot salmon (i think that's about 65 cms in Canada) it took about ten minutes to bring him in.

I'm better at snagging things.  I snagged a fairly large turtle on its foot, that took a good twenty to thirty minutes to bring him in, and another time I snagged a seagull in its wing.

I remember catching a salmon like that years ago on a trip to the US. The boss chartered a fishing excursion boat and threw a lunch and drinks day.

It took forever to get it to the surface. They used huge lead balls on wire to get the lures deep enough.

Did you eat it?  I don't eat fish, but my mother in law and wife ate the salmon I caught, and said it was the best fish they ever ate.  Nothing like freshness.

Salmon is not one of my favorite fish.

Frood

We gave it away because cooking it was going to be too difficult at the time and we were mostly pissed by the end of the day.  ac_biggrin
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

I like mackerel.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I like mackerel.

I was raised on fresh water fish. But, after spending so much time in the Caribbean and Central America, I like my salt water fish too.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

I like mackerel.

I was raised on fresh water fish. But, after spending so much time in the Caribbean and Central America, I like my salt water fish too.

My parents ate much less fish in Canada than they did in Taiwan because what's available here is not quite what they are used to.