The best topic

Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

Oh no! I've run out of BEER???

Started by Superchecker, February 01, 2018, 12:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

realgrimm

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Every [size=150]responsible[/size] person does this!

No different than fueling up the car, if you know the next gas station is 300 Miles away!

It's called being a [size=150]responsible adult[/size]!

How dare you!!!  :nea:

Anonymous

Quote from: "SCOUSE"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"When I drank, I would always make sure I had enough on hand until the liquor store opened up.

Every responsible person does this!

No different than fueling up the car, if you know the next gas station is 300 Miles away!

It's called being a responsible adult!

A responsible adult does not drink to excess.

What about that time you got naked and drunk on webcam?   ac_biggrin

Total Dunce liked it because he thought she was built like a 10 year old boy. ac_toofunny  ac_lmfao

Superchecker

UPDATE: Bought 3 dozen Bud Light Lime across the line! Fully stocked fridge now, for the next 6 weeks!
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"UPDATE: Bought 3 dozen Bud Light Lime across the line! Fully stocked fridge now, for the next 6 weeks!

Is that your favourite brand Superchecker?

Superchecker

Quote from: "Superchecker"UPDATE: Bought 3 dozen Bud Light Lime across the line! Fully stocked fridge now, for the next 6 weeks!

Yes! Got hooked about 4 summers ago.

Around $29.50 a dozen Canadian; or $15 US a dozen. So I bought 3 dozen in the US for cheaper than 2 dozen up here!
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"

Yes! Got hooked about 4 summers ago.

Around $29.50 a dozen Canadian; or $15 US a dozen. So I bought 3 dozen in the US for cheaper than 2 dozen up here!

That is a big price difference..

What is the limit you are allowed to bring across the border?

Superchecker

I think they allow just a 6 pack for under 48 hours; and a dozen (or 2) for over 48 hours.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"I think they allow just a 6 pack for under 48 hours; and a dozen (or 2) for over 48 hours.

Duties and Taxes on Canadians returning to Canada

The amount of your personal exemption is dependant on how long you were out of the country.  In 2012 Canada changed exemption limits to more closely match those of the U.S.

Less than 24 hours: No allowances or exemptions can be claimed. You will pay full duties for an over-and-back shopping trip.

Between 24 hours and 48 hours: You may bring in up to $200 worth of goods free of duty and taxes. However, there is no exemption for alcohol or tobacco.

Over 48 Hours: You may bring in up to $800 worth of goods which may cover a portion of your alcohol and tobacco expenditures. Exemption limits are:

Liquor: 1.14 L (40 oz.) of liquor; or 1.5 L of wine; or 24 times 355 ml (8.5 L) containers of beer.

tobacco products may be imported free of duty and taxes (when stays are more than 48 hours): 200 cigarettes; 50 cigars or cigarillos; 200 tobacco sticks; and 200 g (7 oz.) of manufactured tobacco (a special duty fee might be applicable).

All liquor or tobacco items must be with you when you arrive at point of entry.

Bricktop

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fvermonthomeproperties.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2011%2F10%2Fwe-want-beer.jpg&f=1">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fvermonthomeproperties.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2011%2F10%2Fwe-want-beer.jpg&f=1">

Now I want a craft ale or three too.

Bricktop

All this posting makes you thirsty...

Superchecker

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Superchecker"I think they allow just a 6 pack for under 48 hours; and a dozen (or 2) for over 48 hours.

The amount of your personal exemption is dependant on how long you were out of the country.  In 2012 Canada changed exemption limits to more closely match those of the U.S.

Less than 24 hours: No allowances or exemptions can be claimed. You will pay full duties for an over-and-back shopping trip.

Between 24 hours and 48 hours: You may bring in up to $200 worth of goods free of duty and taxes. However, there is no exemption for alcohol or tobacco.

Over 48 Hours: You may bring in up to $800 worth of goods which may cover a portion of your alcohol and tobacco expenditures. Exemption limits are:

Liquor: 1.14 L (40 oz.) of liquor; or 1.5 L of wine; or 24 times 355 ml (8.5 L) containers of beer.

tobacco products may be imported free of duty and taxes (when stays are more than 48 hours): 200 cigarettes; 50 cigars or cigarillos; 200 tobacco sticks; and 200 g (7 oz.) of manufactured tobacco (a special duty fee might be applicable).

Thanks for the clarification. Looks like I'm allowed 24 beer if down over 48 hours?

I know that they typically don't bother collecting duties on a 6 pack.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Thanks for the clarification. Looks like I'm allowed 24 beer if down over 48 hours?

I know that they typically don't bother collecting duties on a 6 pack.

I  hope you were honest and reported that you had more beer than the duty free amount. :laugh3:

Superchecker

Quote from: "seoulbro"I  hope you were honest and reported that you had more beer than the duty free amount. :laugh3:

I ALWAYS declare everything! There were 2 of us in the car...
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"I  hope you were honest and reported that you had more beer than the duty free amount. :laugh3:

I ALWAYS declare everything! There were 2 of us in the car...

That's good because I derive no pleasure from reporting dishonest travellers to the CBSA, ac_toofunny