Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Check your credit card statements...

Started by Angry White Male, February 09, 2018, 03:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

I'm always on top of my banking shit on a daily basis.  Check yo' shit, yo!

Noticed these two charges today.  These two charges do not belong.  I do not live in Northbrook, Illinois, nor have I ever ordered anything from Campsaver.

Card is cancelled, which is kind of a pain, since I now have to update a couple of accounts that direct bill to it.

Bank isn't sure how card became compromised...  they say it could even be something as simple as someone randomly entering info until they get lucky.  Luckily I caught it before they racked the fucking thing right up, as I have quite a high limit.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2rdks50.png">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I'm always on top of my banking shit on a daily basis.  Check yo' shit, yo!

Noticed these two charges today.  These two charges do not belong.  I do not live in Northbrook, Illinois, nor have I ever ordered anything from Campsaver.

Card is cancelled, which is kind of a pain, since I now have to update a couple of accounts that direct bill to it.

Bank isn't sure how card became compromised...  they say it could even be something as simple as someone randomly entering info until they get lucky.  Luckily I caught it before they racked the fucking thing right up, as I have quite a high limit.

Something like this happened to my girlfriend in 2014.

Angry White Male

First time my credit account has ever been compromised.

The only other issue I ever had, was a Farmer's Insurance billing to my chequing account a few years back, but that was actually the banks fault, as they had made a typo in the account number, thus billing it to my account instead of the right account.  Like fuck I'm going to pay someone else's insurance premiums!  The bank had the nerve to ask me how this could happen!  I told them, "You tell me how this happened, since you were the ones that pinned his payments to my fucking account!"

It was then sorted out.

Blazor

Good catch!

There are tons of ways they can get your info. Besides the random numbers, they have fake slots set up for when you insert your card your info is swiped. Also, the scary one, there are folks going around with RFID scanners, that when they walk by you, SWIPE, they got ya shit! Thats why there are now RFID blocking wallets, blocks the scanners.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Angry White Male

These days have to be vigilant!

$1,100 (USD) would buy some nice camping gear!  Too bad he won't be getting it!  They only thing he may get, is a visit from local law enforcement!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I'm always on top of my banking shit on a daily basis.  Check yo' shit, yo!

Oh my goodness Mel.

:ohmy:

Angry White Male

I know!  The nerve of people...  thinking I'll buy them $1,100 US worth of camping gear?  Bums can get a job and buy their own camping shit!

Berry Sweet

That happened to my mom a couple years ago...a thousand dollars worth of books.  She got it sorted,

Angry White Male

Yup.  Camping boy won't get his gear.  Will pick up new credit card from bank in a few days.

Berry Sweet

Can't they find the person who did This? Obviously they need an addy to send the stuff too...and a name...

Angry White Male

I do not know how that works.  Perhaps it would be up to Campsaver to pursue the matter?  Not sure...

Berry Sweet

Angry White Male

Visa said fuck all to me about it, other than the bank will phone in a few days when they have my new card ready...

Maybe it would be a difficult thing to pursue, since I'm in Canada and the scammer most likely lives in the US...

Angry White Male

Here's how I would think it would work:  Since I caught it the very same day, Campsaver (online sales only) probably didn't even send out the order, so there is no loss to anyone.

However, let's say I didn't notice it for a couple of weeks...  Visa would have still withheld the payment, but at that point Campsaver may have already shipped the goods.  In this case, it may be up to Campsaver to pursue this further, as it has now suffered a loss.