Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

CN Police gave me a ticket yesterday...

Started by Angry White Male, March 30, 2018, 06:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

Canadian Pacific and Canadian National railways here have their own police force.  You rarely ever interact with them, but yesterday I did...

You see, there's an industrial area where I quite often truck through, and there's a little used rail line that goes to a few businesses.  I can count on one hand the amount of crossings I have seen on this track in almost 20 years.  When the train does come, it stops and a dude checks for traffic before train crosses.

Anyhow, there's a stop sign for this never-used track, but nobody ever stops.  I don't stop.

And then I got stopped for not stopping!  ac_biggrin

Officer didn't even get me to sign the ticket, but that in itself isn't a requirement as far as I know.  However, he scribbled the ticket up so bad, that I cannot even make out the traffic offense!  It's the shittiest written ticket I have seen!  Almost undecipherable!

For this reason I will attempt to dispute the allegations, since it's barely clear what it was!  That, and there's a good chance he may not even show up to traffic court, meaning it will get tossed out if I show up but he doesn't.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Canadian Pacific and Canadian National railways here have their own police force.  You rarely ever interact with them, but yesterday I did...

You see, there's an industrial area where I quite often truck through, and there's a little used rail line that goes to a few businesses.  I can count on one hand the amount of crossings I have seen on this track in almost 20 years.  When the train does come, it stops and a dude checks for traffic before train crosses.

Anyhow, there's a stop sign for this never-used track, but nobody ever stops.  I don't stop.

And then I got stopped for not stopping!  ac_biggrin

Officer didn't even get me to sign the ticket, but that in itself isn't a requirement as far as I know.  However, he scribbled the ticket up so bad, that I cannot even make out the traffic offense!  It's the shittiest written ticket I have seen!  Almost undecipherable!

For this reason I will attempt to dispute the allegations, since it's barely clear what it was!  That, and there's a good chance he may not even show up to traffic court, meaning it will get tossed out if I show up but he doesn't.

CN does not have as much track in Calgary as CP does..

I've seen Canadian Pacific police cars in areas close to the tracks.

Angry White Male

They hide, and bust people that don't come to a complete stop at the track stop signs!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"They hide, and bust people that don't come to a complete stop at the track stop signs!

I've heard CP police in Calgary does ticket blitzes at their tracks on occasion too.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Canadian Pacific and Canadian National railways here have their own police force.  You rarely ever interact with them, but yesterday I did...

CN and CP have federally regulated police services across their entire systems. Same thing for all the class one railways in the United States. They have training in counter terrorism that an urban police enforcement service like Winnipeg's does not.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

CN and CP have federally regulated police services across their entire systems. Same thing for all the class one railways in the United States. They have training in counter terrorism that an urban police enforcement service like Winnipeg's does not.

Manyt people never see them, so they don't know they exist.