Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

Another shooting in an American school

Started by Bricktop, February 14, 2018, 05:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Bricktop"FACT; If this madman were not able to obtain a firearm, 17 kids would be alive today.

In the US, this is easier said than done...

Anywhere actually. Statists create these easy killing fields then point their fingers at the tools used when defenceless people die.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

Look at it this way...  Canadians own many firearms also.  Pistols, semi-auto rifles, you name it.  Our long-guns aren't even registered anymore, meaning they cannot be tracked.

Yet, we don't have near the same levels of gun violence.

I know easy access to firearms isn't a good thing, but I don't think it's the whole story...

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Look at it this way...  Canadians own many firearms also.  Pistols, semi-auto rifles, you name it.  Our long-guns aren't even registered anymore, meaning they cannot be tracked.

I know easy access to firearms isn't a good thing, but I don't think it's the whole story...

if you put aside the mass shootings like this and look at statistics, you find that the white murder rate in America is almost the same as the canadian white murder rate.  Its blacks and to some extent Hispanics that raise our murder rates higher than Canada, some European countries and Australia.  I don't know why that is, but I know that it is the case.

Angry White Male

With blacks and mexicans, we know why that is!

Bricktop

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"Look at it this way...  Canadians own many firearms also.  Pistols, semi-auto rifles, you name it.  Our long-guns aren't even registered anymore, meaning they cannot be tracked.

if you put aside the mass shootings like this and look at statistics, you find that the white murder rate in America is almost the same as the canadian white murder rate.  Its blacks and to some extent Hispanics that raise our murder rates higher than Canada, some European countries and Australia.  I don't know why that is, but I know that it is the case.

That is like saying if you put aside drunk drivers, dangerous speeders, fleeing villains and red light runners, your road toll is the same as Iceland.

You cannot pick and choose your numbers. By any measure, you are TEN times more likely to die from gunfire in the US than ANY other western nation. That is a national shame and embarrassment, and the ineptitude and fear of respective governments is causing American children to die in schools.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Bricktop"FACT; If this madman were not able to obtain a firearm, 17 kids would be alive today.

In the US, this is easier said than done...

Anywhere actually. Statists create these easy killing fields then point their fingers at the tools used when defenceless people die.

No kids are gunned down in Australian schools, and there are no armed guards. Nor England. Nor Japan. Nor China. Nor Russia. Nor Canada.

Only America, which has more guns than any of those countries.

By the way...there was a guard at the school in question. Didn't help 17 children.

If one of those was your daughter, you'd be going nuts right now.

Angry White Male

The issue being raised, Brick, is why does a place like Canada, that does have fairly high gun ownership numbers compared to the rest of the Western World, not see so many issues?

It's something more than just the potential availability of firearms...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"The issue being raised, Brick, is why does a place like Canada, that does have fairly high gun ownership numbers compared to the rest of the Western World, not see so many issues?

It's something more than just the potential availability of firearms...

New Zealand has fairly liberal gun ownership laws too....I remember Renee posting that.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Bricktop"

That is like saying if you put aside drunk drivers, dangerous speeders, fleeing villains and red light runners, your road toll is the same as Iceland.

You cannot pick and choose your numbers. By any measure, you are TEN times more likely to die from gunfire in the US than ANY other western nation. That is a national shame and embarrassment, and the ineptitude and fear of respective governments is causing American children to die in schools.

Its not really the same, because when sociologists do studies they separate groups by race and other things because those are variables that need controlling.  

In order to be scientific, You have to compare like populations to like populations.'the difference in murder rates between other countries and the US may have nothing to do with gun laws but rather demographic differences.

America is 13% black, blacks commit over 5 times the murders per capita that whites do, hispanics are about 18% of the population, snd they commit between 2 to 3 times the per capita murder rate that whites do.  You can't just ignore a huge dfference in behavior like that.  

Look at Australia for instance.  Aborigines are 3% of the population, but they are actually the most incarcerated people on the planet making up 28% of your prison opulation.  What if you quadrupleled the number of aborgines living in Australia (to about the number of blacks living in America)? then your crime rate might look more like ours, even if your gun laws don't.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Its not really the same, because when sociologists do studies they separate groups by race and other things because those are variables that need controlling.  

In order to be scientific, You have to compare like populations to like populations.'the difference in murder rates between other countries and the US may have nothing to do with gun laws but rather demographic differences.

America is 13% black, blacks commit over 5 times the murders per capita that whites do, hispanics are about 18% of the population, snd they commit between 2 to 3 times the per capita murder rate that whites do.  You can't just ignore a huge dfference in behavior like that.  

Look at Australia for instance.  Aborigines are 3% of the population, but they are actually the most incarcerated people on the planet making up 28% of your prison opulation.  What if you quadrupleled the number of aborgines living in Australia (to about the number of blacks living in America)? then your crime rate might look more like ours, even if your gun laws don't.

Bingo.

Bricktop

You are doing what many do when discussing this issue. You are interweaving CRIME rate for DEATH rate.

America's crime rate is comparable with its peers. What is NOT comparable is the DEATH rate by firearms. 30,000 plus of your citizens die from guns EVERY year. That is TEN times per capita more than any other western nation, and many times more than that for Japan.

The reason is utterly inarguable; America has too many guns. Take away the guns, and other factors become irrelevant. Your guns do not protect you from crime, as the data clearly shows, yet they kill you in the thousands. For nothing. They offer no benefit...only more senseless deaths.

Your government needs to do what needs to be done. What LOGIC and REASON demand. Get rid of the guns...and the gun industry. Not only does it kill innocent people, but it makes your country look hypocritical and irrational on the world's stage.

Angry White Male

Brick, first off you clearly do not understand how the US functions.  You just cannot "get rid of all the guns."  Trust me, that would be almost impossible to do.

And as was mentioned, most of the shooting deaths occur with Nig and Spic ghetto bangers (it doesn't make the news, as it would make them look bad), and they will always find a way to pack heat, legal or not.

Bricktop

How many of the children in Florida were blacks or hispanics?

What about Columbine?

Las Vegas?

Don't talk crap. Guns don't care what colour of skin are holding them.

You can get rid of guns with the will of the people and their government. There are precedents...Australia being one of them.

Angry White Male

What I'd like to know, is where the Florida shooter obtained his firearm.

Bricktop

I think that is on everyone's mind. However, sooner or later, THAT firearm was obtained by someone LEGALLY. THAT is the problem.