Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:47:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

A

Happy year of the dog

Started by Anonymous, February 15, 2018, 08:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"East Asians love their pets just as much as any Brits do.

I can sense your voice, and your voice here tells me that you're not telling me the whole story.

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"I heard Canada has accepted a bunch of dogs from South Korea.  They were rescued from a puppy mill there, and the dogs were simply there to feed the Korean people.  Koreans don't eat dogs because they have to.  They want to eat them.

South Korean's think that Dog gives them strength.  They don't eat it because they have to, or need to...  It's purely cultural.

Of course they don't need to, South Korea is a very rich country..

Most people that eat dog  are older males..

Taiwan outlawed dogs for human consumption.

We've had a thing going on here in Australia for decades not just with dogs but any male mammal.

Their penises are highly prized but there is a pecking order with our Asian immigrants (or is it a pecker order?)

Dogs are at the bottom and few but some of the Koreans bother with them. At the top are exotic animals like tigers and lions but those have to be smuggled in. In between, deer, roo, and a few others command a price at some of the tobacco and mixed grocery stores.

They boil them until it disintegrates and drink the broth after skimming. Everyone from Mainland Chinese down through Southeast Asia. It's a thing. Only men do it though. They believe it brings them vitality, down there.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

It's here too, with the large Chink population flooding in...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Fashionista"East Asians love their pets just as much as any Brits do.

I can sense your voice, and your voice here tells me that you're not telling me the whole story.

What is there to tell Mel..

East Asian culture is changing rapidly due to affluence..

Some old culinary traditions still exist, but then again France still allows the consumption of fois gras and horse meat..

I believe the practice of eating dog in South Korea will not need to be outlawed like Taiwan did because the  people who consume it will have died of old age..

Angry White Male

Fash, I bet you would make a good wife.

Frood

Quote from: "Angry White Male"It's here too, with the large Chink population flooding in...

Are you saying that mammal penises are boiled down as a tonic where you're at too? Or are you just agreeing with me?
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

Where I live and work is 50% Chink.  

Where I want to retire to is somewhere different.

Frood

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Where I live and work is 50% Chink.  

Where I want to retire to is somewhere different.

You didn't answer my question.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"I heard Canada has accepted a bunch of dogs from South Korea.  They were rescued from a puppy mill there, and the dogs were simply there to feed the Korean people.  Koreans don't eat dogs because they have to.  They want to eat them.

South Korean's think that Dog gives them strength.  They don't eat it because they have to, or need to...  It's purely cultural.

Of course they don't need to, South Korea is a very rich country..

Most people that eat dog  are older males..

Taiwan outlawed dogs for human consumption.

We've had a thing going on here in Australia for decades not just with dogs but any male mammal.

Their penises are highly prized but there is a pecking order with our Asian immigrants (or is it a pecker order?)

Dogs are at the bottom and few but some of the Koreans bother with them. At the top are exotic animals like tigers and lions but those have to be smuggled in. In between, deer, roo, and a few others command a price at some of the tobacco and mixed grocery stores.

They boil them until it disintegrates and drink the broth after skimming. Everyone from Mainland Chinese down through Southeast Asia. It's a thing. Only men do it though. They believe it brings them vitality, down there.

Black  bear gallbladders and bile are used in traditional medicine to treat a variety of illnesses including fever, liver disease, convulsions, diabetes, and heart disease.

Blazor

Quote from: "Wazzzup"It says I was born in the year of the dragon.  Hell yeah!  Just like Bruce Lee.  I knew there was a reason I used to love all his movies.

https://imgbb.com/">

happy chinese new year!

So was I lol! 76?

I love saying "born in the year of the dragon, and the month of the Scorpio!" , though I was in a cusp, so Im some Libra too.

Lol, love some Bruce Lee, I wore my Bruce Lee shirt yesterday "Fear is for others". My son's name is after Bruce's son, Brandon.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"It says I was born in the year of the dragon.  Hell yeah!  Just like Bruce Lee.  I knew there was a reason I used to love all his movies.

https://imgbb.com/">

happy chinese new year!

So was I lol! 76?

I love saying "born in the year of the dragon, and the month of the Scorpio!" , though I was in a cusp, so Im some Libra too.

Lol, love some Bruce Lee, I wore my Bruce Lee shirt yesterday "Fear is for others". My son's name is after Bruce's son, Brandon.

I am a year older than you. I am a bunny.

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"
I am a year older than you. I am a bunny.

ac_drinks
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

realgrimm

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "realgrimm"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Last year was my Chinese zodiac.

How do you figure this??, I checkd my birth year animal (Rabbit) is there a different animal each year or do I wait like roulette till my animal resurfaces? I know I could google and hear some legend about its origin and folklore I would find contrived due to my ignorance of Asian culture but I'd rather hear it from the iron horses mouth

Last year was the year of the rooster. There are twelve animals and they keep rotating. Last year was my year.  You have to wait until 2023.

Found out its year of the Earth Dog this year, last Earth Dog was 1953 .. So I'm just not rabbit I'm Wood Rabbit and my animal only comes around every 60 years so I'll have to wait till 2035

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Last year was my Chinese zodiac.

How do you figure this??, I checkd my birth year animal (Rabbit) is there a different animal each year or do I wait like roulette till my animal resurfaces? I know I could google and hear some legend about its origin and folklore I would find contrived due to my ignorance of Asian culture but I'd rather hear it from the iron horses mouth

Last year was the year of the rooster. There are twelve animals and they keep rotating. Last year was my year.  You have to wait until 2023.

Found out its year of the Earth Dog this year, last Earth Dog was 1953 .. So I'm just not rabbit I'm Wood Rabbit and my animal only comes around every 60 years so I'll have to wait till 2035

But, 2023 should be a good year for dragons.

realgrimm

So what kinda Rabbit is 2023 and why do dragons like them?

Must be Fire Rabbit  ac_biggrin