The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

This is how messed up America is.

Started by Bricktop, February 15, 2018, 10:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

My son (19) and nephew (18) aint happy, they feel like their rights are being taken away, and rightly they are. They know they are trying to pass a law so that you have to be 21 to buy a rifle now. Dick's sporting goods has already restricted to 21, you can no longer buy a rifle at age 18 there. To a degree I can see some rifles fitting that category, but for the good ol' boy that wants to go hunting, this aint right.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Bricktop

There is NO right to carry or possess a lethal weapon, other than for a lawful purpose such as security, sport, primary production.

The American notion that you have a "right" to a killing implement is utterly absurd. No other nation on earth has such a silly concept of gun control.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

">

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"There is NO right to carry or possess a lethal weapon, other than for a lawful purpose such as security, sport, primary production.

The American notion that you have a "right" to a killing implement is utterly absurd. No other nation on earth has such a silly concept of gun control.

I dont believe one should go around carrying a rifle, unless going to target practice or hunting or something. But a handgun should be fine to carry around. You carried a pistol as an officer right? Would you ever go into a bad neighborhood even if you were off duty without one? Nevermind, you prolly dont have ghettos there like here, prolly different. Some of these areas aint safe. Being cast into those areas for whatever reason, be it your job or visiting family, you should have the right to protect. I've been robbed before. A black guy snuck up behind me while I was trying to open my car door from the inside since the outer handle was broke. Think he was hiding behind my bumper waiting on me after I did a pizza delivery. He grabbed me, and held a knife to my throat. I wasnt allowed to carry a gun at that job, but I did when I started driving a cab. The cops took 6 minutes to get there, and the station was only a few blocks away. They never caught him, I had to work for free that night cause he got the money in my pocket which was my tips pretty much. I almost went after his ass myself, but felt like it wouldnt take the law long to get there and they would get him.

Bricktop

I love how Freud tries to imply my views are the result of "mental illness"...when the vast majority of Australians, as well as the UK and elsewhere hold the same view.

Which one is the lunatic, again?

Frood

He's of the do as we say not as we do persuasion, Blazor.

Our lives are worth less than theirs.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Bricktop"There is NO right to carry or possess a lethal weapon, other than for a lawful purpose such as security, sport, primary production.

I dont believe one should go around carrying a rifle, unless going to target practice or hunting or something. But a handgun should be fine to carry around. You carried a pistol as an officer right? Would you ever go into a bad neighborhood even if you were off duty without one? Nevermind, you prolly dont have ghettos there like here, prolly different. Some of these areas aint safe. Being cast into those areas for whatever reason, be it your job or visiting family, you should have the right to protect. I've been robbed before. A black guy snuck up behind me while I was trying to open my car door from the inside since the outer handle was broke. Think he was hiding behind my bumper waiting on me after I did a pizza delivery. He grabbed me, and held a knife to my throat. I wasnt allowed to carry a gun at that job, but I did when I started driving a cab. The cops took 6 minutes to get there, and the station was only a few blocks away. They never caught him, I had to work for free that night cause he got the money in my pocket which was my tips pretty much. I almost went after his ass myself, but felt like it wouldnt take the law long to get there and they would get him.

And if you had a gun, and there was a knife at your throat, what would YOU do?

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"He's of the do as we say not as we do persuasion, Blazor.

Our lives are worth less than theirs.

Well, in your case, that much is true.

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"

And if you had a gun, and there was a knife at your throat, what would YOU do?

Honestly, at that point, there was lil I could do but let him have the money. He got the jump on me. At first I thought it was a friend grabbing me and playing around, I was young and dumb to the ways of the world. He said "give me the money motherfucker" and I didnt hear him at first cause it was my deaf ear lol. So smiling, I turn my head towards him, said what, and he said it again, and tightened up the knife to my neck. I couldnt see the knife, only feel a long serration or something. I said "ok" and held my hands up. I think had I had a concealed gun, at that point, I didnt have enough reaction time. But would of once he let me go. Being older now I pay extra attention to my surroundings.

cc

Quote from: "Bricktop"I love how Freud tries to imply my views are the result of "mental illness"...when the vast majority of Australians, as well as the UK and elsewhere hold the same view.

Shhh ... you are flirting with exposing the terrible secret truth about Aussies

ac_smile
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Wazzzup

That's completely untrue.  There are many governments that allow their citizens to have guns .  And some of them have lower homicide rates than Australia (czech republic and Switzerland).

Frood

Quote from: "cc"
Quote from: "Bricktop"I love how Freud tries to imply my views are the result of "mental illness"...when the vast majority of Australians, as well as the UK and elsewhere hold the same view.

Shhh ... you are flirting with exposing the terrible secret truth about Aussies

ac_smile

Yeah most of us think what government can do for us but very few are savvy enough to realize it's an issue of what government does to us. You can open the cage but getting the pets to leave is a whole other hurdle here.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

That's completely untrue.  There are many governments that allow their citizens to have guns .  And some of them have lower homicide rates than Australia (czech republic and Switzerland).

Why do you consistently obfuscate by merging two or more issues into a single argument.

We are not discussing the homicide rate.

We are discussing the slaughter of YOUR countrymen, and their children, with firearms that have no place in a modern and developed society.

As your rate of deaths by gunfire clearly establish.

Blazor

Well now Wal-mart has joined the club, you can no longer buy a rifle unless you are 21, cant buy ammo either unless you're 21.