Re: Forum gossip thread by Garraty_47

A

I Can't Believe I've Been On Forums All Day Long Again

Started by Anonymous, February 16, 2018, 12:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odinson

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Odinson"I cant post shit without people making fun of me. :sad:

You need to quit drinking. Contact me if you want to make a change in your life.

This is the RR.. You are supposed to leave me alone here..

I know I´m the most boring troll in here and nobody likes me..

realgrimm

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Odinson"I cant post shit without people making fun of me. :sad:

You need to quit drinking. Contact me if you want to make a change in your life.

This is the RR.. You are supposed to leave me alone here..

I know I´m the most boring troll in here and nobody likes me..

Just wear it like a badge Odie..  :laugh:  peeps belly-aching over your posting yet most of their online time is spent talking bout how miserable they think you/mel are .. looks like a quite efficient troll, since you've managed to get under the skins of so many well done!!

Anonymous

Getting under people's skin while drunk is an accomplishment....I've never understood that.

ac_wot

Anonymous

Quote from: "realgrimm"

Just wear it like a badge Odie..  :laugh:  peeps belly-aching over your posting yet most of their online time is spent talking bout how miserable they think you/mel are .. looks like a quite efficient troll, since you've managed to get under the skins of so many well done!!

No offense, but that is really dumb. Attention whoring was accepable ten years ago when forums were still busy. You could ignore them. Now the trolls like Joe, odinson, eddie and TD suck all the oxygen out of the room speeding up the demise of this medium.

realgrimm

Quote from: "seoulbro"

No offense, but that is really dumb. Attention whoring was accepable ten years ago when forums were still busy. You could ignore them. Now the trolls like Joe, odinson, eddie and TD suck all the oxygen out of the room speeding up the demise of this medium.

Only if you let it get to you..if they rub you the wrong way BB platform forums offer an ignore feature, and as far as it effecting ,I think Fash and kiebs keep it well filtered and maintained down to RR.. and when it comes down to blatant disregard of rules well established it's for the Forum Owner to decide how or what direction she chooses to remedy issues ....

It's the whole censoring banter thats a forum cancer ,too many rule changes and flip flop enforcing.. just like business too many complaints and hush mode becomes natural and less people post or post elsewhere, I rather see Odi jumping thru hoops then a bunch of belly aching anyday

10 years ago good forums existed, before trolls were stifled, understood to many FODDER trolls can make a place appear Juvenile but this forum still has enough Quality threads to support lowbrow also, ying/yang

Anonymous

It's not normal and it doesn't make posting more interesting.

realgrimm

It's not normal and it doesn't make posting more interesting.

little bias no? do you speak for all?, how much traffic are you on a grand scheme, look at the thread view counts and they'll tell you otherwise.. if you break it down thats where the forum has the highest counts..

Anonymous

10 years ago good forums existed, before trolls were stifled, understood to many FODDER trolls can make a place appear Juvenile but this forum still has enough Quality threads to support lowbrow also, ying/yang

There was no need to stifle attention whoring of the variety that eddie, Joe and odinson spam boards with since those of us interested in discussions were the vast majority ten years ago. That is not the case today. There has been an exodus of serious posters, but the boring trolls never leave. Discussions with these clowns are like trying to walk to the garden at the back of a yard of someone who never cleans up after their dog. A lot of bypassing shit to get to what you came for.

realgrimm

The numbers don't lie.. a new guest whose learning a new forum heads to the most current popular thread first to feel the place out and feel what it has to offer ..

https://78.media.tumblr.com/094ee1d027c9d99cd57c2290d56d93d0/tumblr_p4etxn7qnw1ris16so1_1280.png">

Anonymous

Quote from: "realgrimm"The numbers don't lie.. a new guest whose learning a new forum heads to the most current popular thread first to feel the place out and feel what it has to offer ..

https://78.media.tumblr.com/094ee1d027c9d99cd57c2290d56d93d0/tumblr_p4etxn7qnw1ris16so1_1280.png">

And that would be Blazor's thread on the main board.

cc

The numbers alone are misleading but RG has made a good point to think about.

RR is a repository for derailed threads, thus is large. It does not get all that many "direct" posts.

Still, the impression on a newbie eager to find a good forum landing there is not a good one

Dunno why we have all the TD etc. put-down posts ... he's a nutcase / troublemaker and I fail to see why we play into that and make this sub larger and more active.

He's been gone some time now yet is still a subject of conversation .. Do we  really need that?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"The numbers alone are misleading but RG has made a good point to think about.

RR is a repository for derailed threads, thus is large. It does not get all that many "direct" posts.

Still, the impression on a newbie eager to find a good forum landing there is not a good one

Dunno why we have all the TD etc. put-down posts ... he's a nutcase / troublemaker and I fail to see why we play into that and make this sub larger and more active.

He's been gone some time now yet is still a subject of conversation .. Do we  really need that?

Some people want to get under TD's very thin skin....it's childish, I agree.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
And that would be Blazor's thread on the main board.

View count is quite up there these days  :laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

cc

Still RG's point is valid ... "initial impression" matters

Reject Rodeo, a "cute" term  has meaning to regular posters but may not be clear enough for newbies. Something less subtle / more direct might be a good plan ... something that instantly lets one know ... like say "Rejected Material" for example

or for example "TRASH BIN" would make it clear to possible new members that this is not the forum @ its "best"   ... at least I think that is the case  

ac_biggrin

TD and his ilk are .... and I mean it literally and physically .. a "waste of space"
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Still RG's point is valid ... "initial impression" matters

Reject Rodeo, a "cute" term  has meaning to regular posters but may not be clear enough for newbies. Something less subtle / more direct might be a good plan ... something that instantly lets one know ... like say "Rejected Material" for example

or for example "TRASH BIN" would make it clear to possible new members that this is not the forum @ its "best"   ... at least I think that is the case  

ac_biggrin

I would like to change the name of this sub..

Now, that we have two choices, what do you like; Rejected Material or TRASH BIN?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview