Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Thousands of Job openings in BC!!

Started by Superchecker, February 17, 2018, 08:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superchecker

Quote from: "SCOUSE"Vancouver sounds like London, an astronomically overpriced, cosmopolitan, liberal infested hell hole.  

Give me Liverpool any day!

Lots of overseas money in Vancouver; driving housing prices to insane heights; lot's of immigration here; lot's of low and middle wage jobs. Construction and redevelopment practically everywhere. Highest gas taxes in North America. The suburban communities are also growing quite fast; suburban schools are bursting with kids. Rush hour traffic can be insane here.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"
Quote from: "SCOUSE"Vancouver sounds like London, an astronomically overpriced, cosmopolitan, liberal infested hell hole.  

Lots of overseas money in Vancouver; driving housing prices to insane heights; lot's of immigration here; lot's of low and middle wage jobs. Construction and redevelopment practically everywhere. Highest gas taxes in North America. The suburban communities are also growing quite fast; suburban schools are bursting with kids. Rush hour traffic can be insane here.

It seems I was incorrect Superchecker..

Declining school enrolments are only in Vancouver and Richmond.

Declining school enrolments in Vancouver, Richmond linked to housing affordability crisis

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/declining-school-enrolments-in-vancouver-and-richmond-linked-to-housing-affordability-crisis">http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news ... ity-crisis">http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/declining-school-enrolments-in-vancouver-and-richmond-linked-to-housing-affordability-crisis

Aryan

Yep, sounds like London.   :sad:

So how on earth do the working class who earn modest salaries manage? Do they commute? Hardly seems worth it for a job with an average wage.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SCOUSE"

So how on earth do the working class who earn modest salaries manage? Do they commute? Hardly seems worth it for a job with an average wage.

Probably they live with their parents longer, and have roommates.

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Probably they live with their parents longer, and have roommates.

And find ways to cost cut, scrimp, and cut corners in ways some of us have never conceived of.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

Vancouver and Richmond have been taken over by Chinese.  These are rich Chinks that have bought their way into this country.  They contribute nothing, except their often dirty money.

I have lived here all my life, and people are simply taking the money and running the fuck out of here, had they actually owned property.

Workers there often commute from the suburbs, which could be one to two hours EACH WAY.  I do it sometimes, depending on where the job is.

I have seen Vancouver elementary schools let out, and it is 99% Chink.  The odd time you will see one White kid.

Vancouver is a good example of how immigrants ruin a city.  The fucking Chinks that live there don't even maintain their homes, since it is purely an investment, and nothing more.  

Vancouver has just upped the foreign buyers tax again.  BC has now spread this tax around to more cities in this Province.

My opinion?  It is too little, too fucking late.  When the Chinks started to take over here, THAT was the time to implement protocols.

Now they are here, infested like fucking termites, and there's not much we can do.

Understand that I don't hate these Chinks personally...  It was our Governments that allowed this fucking disgrace to happen in the first place.

Now I'm a fucking foreigner in my own fucking city, that's being overrun by Chinks and fucking Paki's.

Angry White Male

I'm settled here, but the anti-immigrant sentiment is starting to get harsh here.

It is too much, too fucking quick, and there will be problems here.  There ARE fucking problems here.  I can certainly see why this is.

Luckily my plan is to make my money, and then retire to a smaller White town on the Island somewhere.  Let the third world scum finish off this once decent place without me.

Superchecker

Well, I was born and raised in the suburbs, missed my chance at owning an actual house. luckily did by a condo, and it's nearly paid off. Neither my wife or I ever did the college or uni thing, lucked into decent paying jobs. tried for kids, but it was not to be. Been fortunate to have won 2 cars over the years. Our vice is gambling, and have spent our fair share enjoying that "hobby".
<t></t>

Frood

Well, I was born and raised in the suburbs, missed my chance at owning an actual house. luckily did by a condo, and it's nearly paid off. Neither my wife or I ever did the college or uni thing, lucked into decent paying jobs. tried for kids, but it was not to be. Been fortunate to have won 2 cars over the years. Our vice is gambling, and have spent our fair share enjoying that "hobby".

You sound lucky. Like you won a couple of scratchie tickets and didn't have to worry how you got to work or when with the absence of kids  

But that's not indicative of a normal marriage or relationship. It certainly doesn't work here in any Aussie capital city. I was listening to two young guys just the other day talking about prices. The youngest went in for a 30 year mortgage on a variable rate for 790k in a fcked up suburb and counted himself lucky for not spending another 70k on other basic homes in the area.

TWO FCKING BEDROOMS, mind you.

This bullshit has to end and soon.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

You sound lucky. Like you won a couple of scratchie tickets and didn't have to worry how you got to work or when with the absence of kids  

But that's not indicative of a normal marriage or relationship. It certainly doesn't work here in any Aussie capital city. I was listening to two young guys just the other day talking about prices. The youngest went in for a 30 year mortgage on a variable rate for 790k in a fcked up suburb and counted himself lucky for not spending another 70k on other basic homes in the area.

TWO FCKING BEDROOMS, mind you.

This bullshit has to end and soon.

We just paid off our mortgage and the value of our house has dropped..

It's not likely they'll pick up in the next couple of years.

Anonymous

There's an oversupply of housing in this province. A lot of  housing developments that started a few years ago are coming online now choking off housing demand even further.

Than there are the usual culprits, the most obvious being we can't put a piece of steel  in the ground to get our product to tide water and international pricing. Very bad for Alberta, bad for Canada's industrial base, but good for the US. Carbon taxes plus excessive provincial regulations all put us at a competitive disadvantage. There is no hope for this province. We have deliberately sabotaged the former economic dynamo of the country. North Dakota is booming, we are on life support.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

There's an oversupply of housing in this province. A lot of  housing developments that started a few years ago are coming online now choking off housing demand even further.

Than there are the usual culprits, the most obvious being we can't put a piece of steel  in the ground to get our product to tide water and international pricing. Very bad for Alberta, bad for Canada's industrial base, but good for the US. Carbon taxes plus excessive provincial regulations all put us at a competitive disadvantage. There is no hope for this province. We have deliberately sabotaged the former economic dynamo of the country. North Dakota is booming, we are on life support.

I know this..

Herman posted yesterday about  Trinidad Drilling being the latest Alberta energy service that is giving up on Canada.