The best topic

Replies: 7564
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 04:29:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Thiel

"Prophet of Evil" Warren Jeffs - Former child bride who helped take down cult leader speaks out in new documentary

Started by cc, February 19, 2018, 10:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1800584903&feature=iv&src_vid=dGMQdbTeBBQ&v=Mgmg-NMTJ9E">https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... gmg-NMTJ9E">https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1800584903&feature=iv&src_vid=dGMQdbTeBBQ&v=Mgmg-NMTJ9E

Anonymous

cc

Brick. We all have little sympathy for "voluntarily" giving up one's soul. You are not alone on that.

This and Bountiful are not comparable, and not fair pool to use as an excuse to dun the dunnable
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

They are horrible situations as I described above - prisoners  .. "physical" prisoners who have never known the outside world vs. prisoners of the mind and snake oil salesmen

None have any idea of the outside world. Those who want out fear for their lives  .. and for good reason
QuoteSeems crazy that in today's world we cannot break them open ... in a way like how after dozens of events they could not stop the Parkland shooter ... To prosecute or even to hold anyone for a length of time , you must have solid proof even though "everyone knows"

Bricktop

Er...right...

I am fully sympathetic to those trapped in these vile cults. If it were my child, or family member, I would not hesitate to do what's necessary to pull them out and de-program them.

The head of the snake, on the other hand...that's a different ball game.

cc

In the  2 examples I cited (Jeffs and Bountiful BC), they are born and die there .. having no one on the outside or inside to save them

They have no one to "do what's necessary to pull them out"

And law enforcement has no proof to take the leaders to court with ... until this gal (OP) escaped and gave them enough to take one of them down

Bricktop

That's bollocks. The government knows exactly what this crooks do, and they turn a blind eye. Look at Scientology for example...what a bunch of criminals.

And the worst part is we ALL pay for their lunacy. They don't pay tax. We subsidise them.

Berry Sweet

I use to live down the valley from this 'cult I guess you would call it....I never paid much attention to them and what they were about as I was in my early 20's and was busy working and partying with my friends.  But I'd see them around in the town's.

I'd hit the local hippy beach at the river and hang out....a few times, I would see these people come in the hot summers evening to take a dip in the river....there was at least 2 dozen of them....all young girls with little kids both boys and girls....they all had a dress code, their clothes looked home made and the older girls all had long hair with ankle length skirts....they would go in the water with these skirts on and the boys in their pants....it was fuckin weird.  And here I am standing next to them in a bikini...

They seemed like nice people but I never thought about why they were like that at the time? Thinking back, I head they all lived on a farm not far from me and they had this big family thing going on....I'm pretty sure they were one of those religious groups with multiple wives and brain washed kids everywhere.

cc

Brick - You keep citing "voluntary" examples  .... out in the public situations ...

But, OK

Angry White Male

People want a feeling of 'belonging,' and if they're lonely, they may fall trap to cults.  Cults are no different than gangs...  Give you something in return for something.

People can be very stupid in general, so I can see how this could happen.

I have no problem with Christianity, or some other religions also, but I know they are all bullshit also.

Especially if you were raised with this shit as a kid, it gets ingrained.

I am different.  They can't cult me, and they cannot break me.  I would rather die!

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"In the  2 examples I cited (Jeffs and Bountiful BC), they are born and die there .. having no one on the outside or inside to save them

They have no one to "do what's necessary to pull them out"

And law enforcement has no proof to take the leaders to court with ... until this gal (OP) escaped and gave them enough to take one of them down

They know no other life and would resist if civil servants tried to remove them.

Thiel

Quote from: "cc"True Berry, but these people did not "join"

These  people they were born into it, forced to stay within it  and have never seen the outside world

Brick - This and our very own "Bountiful" in BC Canada are NOT in any way like the cornball TV evangelist "voluntary" groups

They are prisoners.
gay, conservative and proud

cc

They are. Just watched the documentary tonight.

No happy ending, no justice. Perp jailed for life, but wins on his terms.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Thiel"
Quote from: "cc"True Berry, but these people did not "join"

These  people they were born into it, forced to stay within it  and have never seen the outside world

Brick - This and our very own "Bountiful" in BC Canada are NOT in any way like the cornball TV evangelist "voluntary" groups

They are prisoners.

Their lives are stolen from them.

Angry White Male

Well, they actually do 'get out!'

The wives often work in town, and then hand the pay over to the man...  The way it should be!   :001_tongue:

In all seriousness, these kids know nothing better.  They'd be fucking lost in the 'real world.'

And Canada allows 'religious freedoms' to at times trump Canadian Criminal Code violations...  That happened when the 'Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms' was brought in...  Not to 'over-write' the law, but to essentially make 'exceptions' for certain people, and groups.

Blackmore knew this, and this has costed us millions of dollars.

Then again, Blackmore is utilizing the same law, the Charter, that every other fucking minority group here uses, so none of this is news to me.