The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

NCIX and Gibson Guitars Bankrupt?

Started by Angry White Male, February 21, 2018, 04:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Gibson guitars will contunue being produced.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "seoulbro"Gibson guitars will contunue being produced.

For how long?  They already have troubles paying the bills...  If you want a 'genuine' Gibson, I suggest now is the time to buy one.

In the future, the name may be simply sold off and applied to a generic Chinese guitar (which is already happening)...

Angry White Male

Quote from: "cc"I bought my current solid state drive from the Langley store.

I don't remember giving you permission to enter Langley.  Luckily I am a non-violent Jew, and will let this mistake of yours pass...  this one time.

All kidding aside, I built my desktop PC with components bought through NCIX Langley.  I dubbed it "Max Power 7," because Skylake processor is the last that Windows 7 will properly support.  I knew if I wanted to keep running Windows 7, but with 'max power,' I had to act, and not that long ago built my max power Skylake build.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "seoulbro"Gibson guitars will contunue being produced.

For how long?  They already have troubles paying the bills...  If you want a 'genuine' Gibson, I suggest now is the time to buy one.

In the future, the name may be simply sold off and applied to a generic Chinese guitar (which is already happening)...

For as long as they make guitars that people want to buy. It doesn't matter who buys the company or where they're made.

Angry White Male

I can't imagine everyone going out and buying a genuine US Made Gibson now...  Do you know how much they cost?  They're like a four or five grand guitar.

Trust me.  I own an American made Fender, which is good, but still much cheaper than a US Gibson.

These are items that are especially now, low volume sales items.

TRUST ME.  If you want a US made Gibson, buy now, or else...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I can't imagine everyone going out and buying a genuine US Made Gibson now...  Do you know how much they cost?  They're like a four or five grand guitar.

Trust me.  I own an American made Fender, which is good, but still much cheaper than a US Gibson.

These are items that are especially now, low volume sales items.

TRUST ME.  If you want a US made Gibson, buy now, or else...

I don't want to buy one and never did. But, if budding rockers still like the brand, they will.

Angry White Male

The problem with NCIX, is that Brick & Mortar stores are a tremendous expense, when the components they sold were easily available online from Newegg and the likes also...

They didn't keep up.  Just like Radio Shack...  That market became somewhat niche, and what you wanted you could eventually get online.

Brick & Mortar works for some business models, but not for others...

Angry White Male

Quote from: "seoulbro"I don't want to buy one and never did. But, if budding rockers still like the brand, they will.

And herein lies the problem...  They aren't.

A genuine US made model is expensive, and they just aren't selling that many anymore.

I've never claimed that Gibson's flagship line produces junk, but when you cannot sell the volume necessary, you have very limited options as a company.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"I don't want to buy one and never did. But, if budding rockers still like the brand, they will.

And herein lies the problem...  They aren't.

A genuine US made model is expensive, and they just aren't selling that many anymore.

I've never claimed that Gibson's flagship line produces junk, but when you cannot sell the volume necessary, you have very limited options as a company.

Than what are rock stars using nowadays if not Gibson?

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"Than what are rock stars using nowadays if not Gibson?

Honestly?  If you're a big-time rock star, you usually have your shit custom made by a builder.  Either from scratch, or an improvement upon an existing model.

But again, a few hundred rock-stars buying at any given time won't keep a company afloat (like Gibson) that needs to sell big volume to maintain profits...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"Than what are rock stars using nowadays if not Gibson?

Honestly?  If you're a big-time rock star, you usually have your shit custom made by a builder.  Either from scratch, or an improvement upon an existing model.

But again, a few hundred rock-stars buying at any given time won't keep a company afloat (like Gibson) that needs to sell big volume to maintain profits...

It's a pretty good endorsement for guitars if someone famous uses them.