Replies: 10404
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:47:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Local birds photograph thread

Started by Frood, March 07, 2018, 03:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

Post only pics you've taken yourself, please. Commentary and normal banter is fine.

https://s14.postimg.org/4slr09usx/20180307_184126.jpg">

I took this photo of a Rosella in a branch just overhead of where I park as I pulled up thinking this guy would crap himself and fly off.

He was chowing down on an old crab apple tree and super stoic about me being a metre and a half away. Photo was taken from within the vehicle. He pissed off a few seconds after the door was opened. Very skittish parrots.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Post only pics you've taken yourself, please. Commentary and normal banter is fine.

https://s14.postimg.org/4slr09usx/20180307_184126.jpg">

I took this photo of a Rosella in a branch just overhead of where I park as I pulled up thinking this guy would crap himself and fly off.

He was chowing down on an old crab apple tree and super stoic about me being a metre and a half away. Photo was taken from within the vehicle. He pissed off a few seconds after the door was opened. Very skittish parrots.

Very good picture..

I saw something very similar to that bird in a Petland recently.

Anonymous

If there are roadrunners where kiebers lives, I hope he can get a picture of one.

Anonymous

I only see interesting feathered creatures when I'm on duty and I cannot take a picture. Darn it. When I am on holidays in Central America there's colourful things with wings galore.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I only see interesting feathered creatures when I'm on duty and I cannot take a picture. Darn it. When I am on holidays in Central America there's colourful things with wings galore.

We don't have a lot of beautiful birds in the city, but if you go to the countryside it's possible to see beautiful birds of prey.

Berry Sweet

I see lots of seagulls here...crows, robins, a few eagles in the area, humming birds and other small birds.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I see lots of seagulls here...crows, robins, a few eagles in the area, humming birds and other small birds.

I see mostly magpies and a few robins in the city..

The interesting birdlife is in the countryside.