Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

Should there be a tax on robots?

Started by Anonymous, February 25, 2018, 09:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Zetsu"I might not agree with DD's POV on our police, but he's right that over taxing is no doubt any better than theft, if not worst b/c a thief can be dealt with according to the law, but for taxation, the victim will is punished instead if he tries to evade or refuse paying his/her tax.

And besides that, there is no more room for tax increases or new taxes. In Ontario, where you and I live the top  marginal tax rate is 53.5%. That doesn't include payroll taxes, sin taxes, excise taxes, and government fees. That is outright confiscation. Taxation is the problem, never a solution.

If there are fewer workers paying taxes, where do we get money for health and pensions. Make those that would put everyone out of work pay.

Frood

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Zetsu"I might not agree with DD's POV on our police, but he's right that over taxing is no doubt any better than theft, if not worst b/c a thief can be dealt with according to the law, but for taxation, the victim will is punished instead if he tries to evade or refuse paying his/her tax.

And besides that, there is no more room for tax increases or new taxes. In Ontario, where you and I live the top  marginal tax rate is 53.5%. That doesn't include payroll taxes, sin taxes, excise taxes, and government fees. That is outright confiscation. Taxation is the problem, never a solution.

If there are fewer workers paying taxes, where do we get money for health and pensions

Running deficits, borrowing, and stealing from other programs.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

If there are fewer workers paying taxes, where do we get money for health and pensions

That's what Justine is doing now.

Frood

Quote from: "Herman"

Keynesian Economics. The tool of Tools.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

He only supported deficits in bad times.  Justine wants to spend money we don't have permanently.

Frood

It's all a ponzi scheme on humans in their respective regions.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Using the tax system for social engineering is immoral.

Frood

That's called policing in the Western world.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

He only supported deficits in bad times.  Justine wants to spend money we don't have permanently.

Today is federal budget day.

Bricktop

Their hand dives deeper into your pocket.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Their hand dives deeper into your pocket.

I haven't looked at it yet. But, I read it is a virtue signalling piece of crap.

Bricktop

To no-one's surprise. Political ideology will drive us to war against each other.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"To no-one's surprise. Political ideology will drive us to war against each other.

No tax cuts, but no tax increases, as far as I know.

Zetsu

And this is why I don't want to work too hard or earn too much money, lol.
Permanently off his rocker

Zetsu

If there are fewer workers paying taxes, where do we get money for health and pensions. Make those that would put everyone out of work pay.

Common IHJ, you're an engineer yet you still seem obsessed with those manual labour intensive jobs that are meant for robots rather than humans.
Permanently off his rocker