News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

The Great Feminist Lie. 1 in 6 women "abused".

Started by Bricktop, February 27, 2018, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_5741507015001">https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_5741507015001

What bullshit.

More distortion from feminism.

cc

Dunno on this one. I've seen many reports that say similar, most say higher %age

Pulled most of it - may proceed in the lounge

I can say this much here

Anecdotally, I "manned" a hotline emergency help where about 1/2 calls were in-home abuse - AND personally have known  many people who have been injured and / or psychologically abused .. many afraid to tell or leave in fear for their lives.

I can say that cops and detectives are very caring, but often deeply frustrated when a victim is afraid to speak up (often cannot for fear of her life and limb) .. or when she does speak, will not (often cannot) follow though so they can help

It's common and often kept behind closed doors .. my guess is far above 1 in 6 for spousal alone .. and that does not include in childhood .. family etc. ... that happens to boys also

And then there is those who don't tell at all .... some even deny to themselves
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Dunno on this one. I've seen many reports that say similar, most say higher %age

I can say this much here

Anecdotally, I "manned" a hotline emergency help where about 1/2 calls were in-home abuse - AND personally have known  many people who have been injured and / or psychologically abused .. many afraid to tell or leave in fear for their lives.

I can say that cops and detectives are very caring, but often deeply frustrated when a victim is afraid to speak up (often cannot for fear of her life and limb) .. or when she does speak, will not (often cannot) follow though so they can help

It's common and often kept behind closed doors .. my guess is far above 1 in 6 for spousal alone .. and that does not include in childhood .. family etc. ... that happens to boys also

And add to that some cultures are very reluctant to speak about abuse in the  home.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "cc"Dunno on this one. I've seen many reports that say similar, most say higher %age

I can say this much here

And add to that some cultures are very reluctant to speak about abuse in the  home.

Exactly.

Bricktop

Quote from: "cc"

If you are on an emergency hotline, you are BOUND to get a large proportion of "abused" victims. However, are you saying that for every six women you know, 1 is the subject of domestic violence?

Quote from: "cc" then there is those who don't tell at all .... some even deny to themselves

And some make false accusations.

I do not deny that violence occurs in households. But violence occurs in MANY other places, and MEN are the most likely victims.

And I do not accept the proportion of 1 in 6.

Anonymous

QuoteBut violence occurs in MANY other places, and MEN are the most likely victims.

I've known some pretty dangerous females in my life. But, I've known a lot more males who are violent.

cc

QuoteAnd I do not accept the proportion of 1 in 6.

Your prerogative

I wish it were less. I think it's considerably more than that for spousal alone ... and childhood adds more for both sexes

You started out saying it was a feminazi thing. While we both detest feminazis, to suggest that may allow you to justify rejecting the premise. It doesn't for me, not one bit

Bricktop

What definition do you use for domestic violence?

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Bricktop"https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_5741507015001">https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_5741507015001

What bullshit.

More distortion from feminism.

I believe it. And it has nothing to do with feminism.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"What definition do you use for domestic violence?

I don't know about cc, but I would say it's one or more acts of violence that form a pattern of abuse.

cc

A single act of violence upon a partner qualifies, but usually there is a longstanding and escalating  pattern.

It takes a certain type of screwed up mind to do it even once.  The odds of someone who will do it once  are great that they will repeat it under similar circumstances until it becomes a "regular" thing.

Worse, that pattern often has an escalating factor .. tends to become worse each time it is gotten away with.

The simple threat of severe retaliation, whether stated or not,  is often sufficient to keep the victim from "coming out" ... and similarly is often sufficient to keep the victim from from carrying through following a "coming out". This further keeps the numbers for examination down. Some victims are even in denial and would never say anything to another person.

Further, I have every reason to believe that the numbers are higher than 1 in 6 for spousal / partner abuse alone , and especially so when childhood is taken into consideration

Ironically it mainly takes place within the walls of a home when "home" should by definition be a safe place ... and a mate should be a protector, and not the perp. How horrific to be trapped in a home and at the mercy of "silent"  ongoing / repetitive cruelty .. usually by someone who outweighs by 1 1/2 to 2 to 1 and knows the victim is afraid to speak out or leave for fear it gets harsher

The words "If you tell or leave, I'll track you down and make you pay" makes getting away from it  even scarier than staying for many trapped within it.

Odinson

Actually all men have been slapped, kicked or punched by a female at some point of their lives..

Women usually start the fight but then get their asses kicked.

Violence towards women is on the rise because women are not acting like women anymore but they still expect men to act like traditional men.

Bricktop

Bear in mind I do not dispute that violence is an issue. In the home. In a bar. In a school. ALL violence is abhorrent.

Domestic violence is yet another issue hijacked by feminism to maintain their anti-male philosophy.

cc

I understand your point, but must say that I have not witnessed the abuse thing being used "by feminism to maintain their anti-male philosophy"

Whether it is being "used" or not, abuse is a problem looking for solutions, a serious problem legitimately existing everywhere in the world, a problem very difficult to solve for reasons mentioned above.

For sure feminazis try many positions on for size and weaponize just about everything on earth. I have witnessed many such attempts to pursue their  self-serving bogus anti-male philosophy.

Angry White Male

I do believe it is more common than we may think, and often swept under the rug more often than we know, especially with certain cultures.  However, we must first understand what constitutes true 'abuse.'

This is the key.

I like to drink, and so does my ex.  We got along 99% of the time, and actually still do!  We have said some choice words to each other in the past, but I do not consider that 'abuse.'  And neither does she.

I only laid hands on her one time, if you can call it that...  She was in my face, about some bullshit that didn't even exist, and I physically pushed her away.  Not down, but just away from me.

She was shocked that I did that, as I am not a violent man by any means.  However, it was warranted as I wanted my personal space free of her, and she knew that.  She had never 'gotten in my face' after that.

So, what really does constitute 'abuse' in the true meaning of the term?  I guess that would vary greatly, dependent on who you asked...