The best topic

Replies: 7036
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 11:03:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

The Racial Absurdity Thread

Started by Wazzzup, March 03, 2018, 01:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Quote from: "cc"
Quote from: "Brick re. swastika "Sounds fair. Is home made acceptable? With waterpaint?
Waterpaint is good. Then you can quickly change horses and mix with any crowd

Are you calling me shallow??

:t1929:

Anonymous

It's not entirely clear what Celina Caesarchavannes, MP for the Ontario riding Whitby, meant when she told Conservative MP Maxime Bernier on social media to "please check your privilege and be quiet."

Did she mean white privilege? Male privilege? Both? Something else?

It doesn't really matter, because all are toxic and unacceptable suggestions coming from a federal MP.

Caesar-chavannes was unhappy over Bernier's comments on the recent federal budget, which cast a broad, progressive, social justice and feminist "lens" on public spending.

When Bernier suggested the budget should not be a "racialized" document but instead strive to be colour blind, Caesar-chavannes made the "check your privilege" tweet.

MPS, and all Canadians, are constitutionally, and in every other way, entitled to free speech. It's acceptable to offend others.

What's [size=150]not acceptable is for anyone to be told their voice doesn't matter because of their sex, gender or skin colour.

[/size]

Caesar-chavannes since somewhat recanted, admitting that telling Bernier to pipe down was "not cool." But she hasn't apologized for her toxic "privilege" remark.

The whole social justice notion of "privilege" however is increasingly creeping into the policies and political lexicon of federal Liberals.

While it has inflamed debate on university campuses and unhinged academics and leftwing activists, the divisive notion of "privilege," what that means and how and whether society should address it hasn't been clearly resolved by Parliament or the government.

The recent budget made clear Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has fully embraced identity politics as both a weapon and a political shield.

In the worst example of this, Trudeau accused Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer of Islamophobia late last year for asking a question about tackling terrorism.

Questions, in the progressive mindset, are acts of hostility, of violence, sexism and racism.

Debate, the fire intended in democracies to reveal mistakes and misconceptions, becomes evidence of ill intent.

Our PM and his caucus seem intent upon filtering every single issue and human interaction through the prism of race, sex and gender.

It will increasingly fuel divisiveness.

We are not a nation of warring groups divided by our differences.

We are a nation bonded by our tolerance and similarities.

That's the only privilege that should truly matter.

Anonymous

https://scontent.fyxd1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/28783441_975507905948737_4960220986022008742_n.jpg?oh=1ff1c8812a3a249ad161a23d77ee3013&oe=5B089128">

Anonymous

ASHAMED FOR BEING WHITE? Poster in B.C. schools about 'white privilege' draws ire from parents

QuoteA poster campaign at a school district in British Columbia's Interior aimed at creating conversations about racism and privilege has struck a nerve with some parents.

Schools in the Gold Trail District hung up the posters featuring officials sharing their experiences with racism in January, but a comment about "white privilege" has some parents now questioning the purpose of the campaign.

The poster at the centre of the debate features a photo of district superintendent Teresa Downs next to her quote that reads: "I have unfairly benefited from the colour of my skin. White privilege is not acceptable."

Kansas Field Allen, whose son is a Grade 9 student at Kumsheen Secondary School in Lytton, said singling out one racial group is a disservice to blended families.

Her husband is Aboriginal, as are their children, and she said since the posters went up, one person told her as a white person she should feel uncomfortable around her family.

She said she's also heard of at least one child who said they felt ashamed for being white.

"Racism is alive out there and our kids do need to learn about it, but they need to learn about it at an age appropriate level and they don't need to learn about one race over another," she said.

"Let's talk to the students and see if we can do this in a better way, a more accepting way."

Other posters feature district staff and comment on experiencing and needing to confront racism.

A poster campaign at a B.C. Interior school district aimed at creating a conversation on racism and privilege has struck a nerve with some parents. (CP)

Downs said the campaign fits into ongoing efforts to discuss inequality in schools and her comments about white privilege are a reflection of her own experience.

"We understand that the discussion of race and privilege can make some people feel uncomfortable," she said in an interview. "But we are also mindful in this district that we cannot have a wholesome conversation about racism without acknowledging that racism results in some groups being privileged."

The district serves about 1,100 students across rural communities and First Nations territories west of Kamloops. About 60% of students identify as having Indigenous ancestry, Downs said.

For many years, Downs said the district has been tackling issues of racism and colonialism, and has worked to follow recommendations by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.

The poster campaign was inspired by similar billboards created by the City of Saskatoon last year, Downs said, and seen as an important next step from previous efforts within the district to advance discussions about inclusion.

"We work very hard to make the conversation not about individuals but our systems and our societies," she said.

The posters have gone largely undisputed by students and the community, Downs said. In some schools, students have on their own created "Got privilege?" posters to add to the campaign.

Downs said part of the more recent criticism appears to stem from parents struggling with the term privilege.

Some comments on social media have suggested Downs doesn't think she's worked hard to earn her role in the community or is discrediting other white people who do struggle socially or economically, she said.

"I'm not saying that at all," she said. "The definition of privilege here doesn't mean high social status but just the acknowledgment that things in our society are at times easier for those who have white skin.

http://canoe.com/news/national/ashamed-for-being-white-poster-in-b-c-schools-about-white-privilege-draws-ire-from-parents">http://canoe.com/news/national/ashamed- ... om-parents">http://canoe.com/news/national/ashamed-for-being-white-poster-in-b-c-schools-about-white-privilege-draws-ire-from-parents

http://wpmedia.canoe.com/2018/03/school_privilege_campaign_20180309_627324541.jpg?quality=60&strip=all&w=640&strip=all">

Wazzzup

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"ASHAMED FOR BEING WHITE? Poster in B.C. schools about 'white privilege' draws ire from parents

QuoteA poster campaign at a school district in British Columbia's Interior aimed at creating conversations about racism and privilege has struck a nerve with some parents.

Schools in the Gold Trail District hung up the posters featuring officials sharing their experiences with racism in January, but a comment about "white privilege" has some parents now questioning the purpose of the campaign.

The poster at the centre of the debate features a photo of district superintendent Teresa Downs next to her quote that reads: "I have unfairly benefited from the colour of my skin. White privilege is not acceptable."

Kansas Field Allen, whose son is a Grade 9 student at Kumsheen Secondary School in Lytton, said singling out one racial group is a disservice to blended families.

Her husband is Aboriginal, as are their children, and she said since the posters went up, one person told her as a white person she should feel uncomfortable around her family.

She said she's also heard of at least one child who said they felt ashamed for being white.

"Racism is alive out there and our kids do need to learn about it, but they need to learn about it at an age appropriate level and they don't need to learn about one race over another," she said.

"Let's talk to the students and see if we can do this in a better way, a more accepting way."

Other posters feature district staff and comment on experiencing and needing to confront racism.

A poster campaign at a B.C. Interior school district aimed at creating a conversation on racism and privilege has struck a nerve with some parents. (CP)

Downs said the campaign fits into ongoing efforts to discuss inequality in schools and her comments about white privilege are a reflection of her own experience.

"We understand that the discussion of race and privilege can make some people feel uncomfortable," she said in an interview. "But we are also mindful in this district that we cannot have a wholesome conversation about racism without acknowledging that racism results in some groups being privileged."

The district serves about 1,100 students across rural communities and First Nations territories west of Kamloops. About 60% of students identify as having Indigenous ancestry, Downs said.

For many years, Downs said the district has been tackling issues of racism and colonialism, and has worked to follow recommendations by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.

The poster campaign was inspired by similar billboards created by the City of Saskatoon last year, Downs said, and seen as an important next step from previous efforts within the district to advance discussions about inclusion.

"We work very hard to make the conversation not about individuals but our systems and our societies," she said.

The posters have gone largely undisputed by students and the community, Downs said. In some schools, students have on their own created "Got privilege?" posters to add to the campaign.

Downs said part of the more recent criticism appears to stem from parents struggling with the term privilege.

Some comments on social media have suggested Downs doesn't think she's worked hard to earn her role in the community or is discrediting other white people who do struggle socially or economically, she said.

"I'm not saying that at all," she said. "The definition of privilege here doesn't mean high social status but just the acknowledgment that things in our society are at times easier for those who have white skin.

http://canoe.com/news/national/ashamed-for-being-white-poster-in-b-c-schools-about-white-privilege-draws-ire-from-parents">http://canoe.com/news/national/ashamed- ... om-parents">http://canoe.com/news/national/ashamed-for-being-white-poster-in-b-c-schools-about-white-privilege-draws-ire-from-parents

http://wpmedia.canoe.com/2018/03/school_privilege_campaign_20180309_627324541.jpg?quality=60&strip=all&w=640&strip=all">

The concept of white privilege is one of the ugliest things left wing identity politics has come up with.  Conferring morally inferior status and shame on an entire race.  How is that not racism?

Anonymous

QuoteThe concept of white privilege is one of the ugliest things left wing identity politics has come up with. Conferring morally inferior status and shame on an entire race. How is that not racism?

And it starts in kindergarten. It is evil.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
QuoteThe concept of white privilege is one of the ugliest things left wing identity politics has come up with. Conferring morally inferior status and shame on an entire race. How is that not racism?

I am very pro immigration and an ardent supporter of multiculturalism. But, I agree with you and Wazzup, white privilege shaming is the nastiest marginalization tactic yet from the hard left.

Wazzzup

They should throw this stupid woman out.  Anyone who thinks people should be treated differently based solely on race has no business being involved with School children.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

They should throw this stupid woman out.  Anyone who thinks people should be treated differently based solely on race has no business being involved with School children.

It's child abuse by progtards.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "seoulbro"

I am very pro immigration and an ardent supporter of multiculturalism. But, I agree with you and Wazzup, white privilege shaming is the nastiest marginalization tactic yet from the hard left.

I think I understand better what you've been saying re immigration.  I had no knowledge of canadas point system when I came to TBC, and wrongly assumed all immigration was like Americas or Europes..  

I like a points system like Canada's.  I think a points system is a great way to do immigration.  The part where canada's immigration goes off the wheels is with refugees.  In general I am not infavor of letting refugees, especially muslim refugees  in.  Maybe a small number refugees is okay if they are truly in serious danger of being killed where they live by tyrannical government and likely to assimilate like the south africans.    

the US's immigration system is atrocious.  It is letting in anyone and everyone in,  there are no standards.  They let in people who are lower class, often headed toward welfare, half our immigrants get government assistance of some form.  immigration needs to benefit the host  country.  It can't be based solely on charioty, or worse, like ours used to [pad the voting ranks of leftist parties.

Anonymous

^^We agree on a lot more than we disagree. As an immigrant myself, I think it's unfair that refugees not only jump to the front of the line, they are in certain cases fast tracked as citizens. Refugee acceptance was never intended to be a way for economic migrants to bypass our skilled immigrant category.

Where I disagree with you is about banning Muslims. I grew up in multicultural Toronto. Nearly all the Muslims I  grew up with became loyal contributing Canadians.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "seoulbro"^^We agree on a lot more than we disagree. As an immigrant myself, I think it's unfair that refugees not only jump to the front of the line, they are in certain cases fast tracked as citizens. Refugee acceptance was never intended to be a way for economic migrants to bypass our skilled immigrant category.

Where I disagree with you is about banning Muslims. I grew up in multicultural Toronto. Nearly all the Muslims I  grew up with became loyal contributing Canadians.

Were they refugees or were they there because of the points system?  Letting in some skilled Muslims on points is somewhat risky but way better than refugees.

Either way though, I'm with you on most stuff SB.  if we all agreed on everything at TBC what would be the fun in that? :laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"^^We agree on a lot more than we disagree. As an immigrant myself, I think it's unfair that refugees not only jump to the front of the line, they are in certain cases fast tracked as citizens. Refugee acceptance was never intended to be a way for economic migrants to bypass our skilled immigrant category.

Were they refugees or were they there because of the points system?  Letting in some skilled Muslims on points is somewhat risky but way better than refugees.

Either way though, I'm with you on most stuff SB.  if we all agreed on everything at TBC what would be the fun in that? :laugh:

Okay, I think I am understanding your position better. There is a high degree of risk in accepting refugees from places with a lot of extremism. That I get, and despite our government's reassurances, there is a lot we cannot confirm about some refugees. Hence, the reason so many are given the birth date of January 1.

I didn't personally know many refugees growing up in TO. Of the refugees I knew, most were from El Salvador or Vietnam.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Okay, I think I am understanding your position better. There is a high degree of risk in accepting refugees from places with a lot of extremism. That I get, and despite our government's reassurances, there is a lot we cannot confirm about some refugees. Hence, the reason so many are given the birth date of January 1.

I didn't personally know many refugees growing up in TO. Of the refugees I knew, most were from El Salvador or Vietnam.

Well if you and I were running things I;m sure we could work out a compromise.  But unfortunately we don;t.  Maybe after CC becomes benevolent dictatoress for a few years she'll put us in charge. :laugh:

cc

I already have you folks listed as immigration Czars on my official proclamation ... I'm just waiting for my official coronation to spring into action
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell