Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Any Current/Ex-Junkies Here?

Started by Angry White Male, March 03, 2018, 09:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I use to drink some years ago.  I was under a lot of pressure and stress.  I can't stand alcohol.  I don't drink anymore.  Except for the odd glass of wine or grand Marnier with tea.  I prefer to smoke a doob in the evening or eat a pot brownie or candy.  Everything else is garbage.

I can't relate to addiction.

It just becomes a routine.  What once started out as fun ends up in addiction.  Or a pain killer from a surgery.  Like they say, "what goes up, must come down"...that is addiction...thw high from alcohol and drugs is a big stimulation on the brain and body...it feels good...but once it leaves the system, you start to come down...you crash...feel like ultimate shit...the only way to get rid of the horrid feeling is to drink again  or do drugs...whatever the addiction is...it makes a person "feel better"...mostly they just continue to bypass going thru the withdrawal stage...that is a hard fight.

With addiction, there are only 2 choices, either get clean or die.

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
I can't stand sweets.

The Iron Chink isnt so bad once you get to know her  :laugh:

:roll:

THAT is gonna cost you...

I hope she doesnt...  :shock:  sit on my face!  :swoon:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Full in the knowledge that addiction to us is harmful to your health...

I figured addiction came in many forms lol. Bad kind is harmful for sure.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Bricktop

Still waiting for Freud to tell us of his experience.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I use to drink some years ago.  I was under a lot of pressure and stress.  I can't stand alcohol.  I don't drink anymore.  Except for the odd glass of wine or grand Marnier with tea.  I prefer to smoke a doob in the evening or eat a pot brownie or candy.  Everything else is garbage.

Wish I could get a hold of those salted caramel edibles Seattle had lol. I would eat dinner, eat one of those for dessert, and be set for the rest of the night  :laugh:

The media is using too many scare tactics about marijuana.  They are making it sound like its worse than street drugs or alcohol.  It's so pathetic.

Weed is not dangerous and it's not addicting at all.  I don't use it everyday...just when  I need to.  

Can't you get the candies at a dispensary in your area?

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
I can't stand sweets.

The Iron Chink isnt so bad once you get to know her  :laugh:

:roll:

THAT is gonna cost you...

I hope she doesnt...  :shock:  sit on my face!  :swoon:

Hey, I've been bad too.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

I don't use it everyday...just when  I need to.  

And you claim it's NOT dangerous?

Berry Sweet

People can become addicted to prescription drugs as well.  They're legal so it's labelled as ok.  It's such garbage.  

The zopiclone I was taking is addictive.  I got off of it cause I was tired of it and the side effects I suffered.  It wasn't horrible getting off but it threw me off balance.  Now almost 10 mo  later, I feel so much better.  I still have problems with insomnia...which is why I use the weed.  I don't want prescription drugs just because they are legal...but weed is going to be legal in 4 months anyway.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"People can become addicted to prescription drugs as well.  They're legal so it's labelled as ok.  It's such garbage.  

The zopiclone I was taking is addictive.  I got off of it cause I was tired of it and the side effects I suffered.  It wasn't horrible getting off but it threw me off balance.  Now almost 10 mo  later, I feel so much better.  I still have problems with insomnia...which is why I use the weed.  I don't want prescription drugs just because they are legal...but weed is going to be legal in 4 months anyway.

Which is another way of saying ALL drugs are dangerous. None are safe, because they are alien to our physiology AND psychology.

Berry Sweet

I don't use it everyday...just when  I need to.  

And you claim it's NOT dangerous?

How is it "dangerous?"

Compared to the zopiclone...a legal prescription drug...which cost me my short term memory, dependency to want to use it,...yes, I couldn't wait to take this pill and go to bed.  It kept me on a routine, sleep/wake cycle bit really fucked up my mind.  The weed has never done that to me at all.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"People can become addicted to prescription drugs as well.  They're legal so it's labelled as ok.  It's such garbage.  

Which is another way of saying ALL drugs are dangerous. None are safe, because they are alien to our physiology AND psychology.

Do you smoke?

Berry Sweet

Brick if you don't like weed, the  that's your choice.   But you don't need to go around telling everyone how horrible it is.  Lots of people find it medically helpful for whatever medical situation they have.  Let them be.

From what I understand, you are an ex cop.  And most cops are ignorant in my experience.  My sister's significant other is a cop (American) and to be honest, he is the most ignorant cop I have ever met.  I don't like the way he talks to my parents and the garbage he puts in their heads.  He doesn't talk to me cause I challenge him and won't listen to his bullshit.

Now I just don't bother to go over when both of their dumb asses come over.

Anonymous

Do you smoke?

I was going to ask you that question? I know you were trying to quit in the past.

Berry Sweet

Yes I smoke.  I hate it.  I'm not going to defend it just because I do.

I'm not a heavy smoker and still trying to quit.  I can smoke max 5 a day.  Sometimes I go days without smoking.

I will agree that cigarettes are the worst ever.  They are horrible for our health.  2nd hand smoke is no better.  I'm not going to try the vape cause I want to switch over from one to another...I just want to quit period.  One day I will and I will be done with it.

Berry Sweet

Cigarettes are the gateway drug.