Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 06:52:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

A

Pipeline spill in N Alta.

Started by Anonymous, April 17, 2018, 12:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berry Sweet

I'm so sick of this shit.  The thing I don't understand is they have been saying for years we are running out of oil and gas?  But yet thruy want pipelines everywhere?  If we are running out, why are we not switching over to renewable energy and evolving with That?

As far as corporations and government go...they are filled with old rich millionaires who could care less about the environment...theyre gonna die soon anyway.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I'm so sick of this shit.  The thing I don't understand is they have been saying for years we are running out of oil and gas?  But yet thruy want pipelines everywhere?  If we are running out, why are we not switching over to renewable energy and evolving with That?

As far as corporations and government go...they are filled with old rich millionaires who could care less about the environment...theyre gonna die soon anyway.

We are not running out of oil and gas.

I assume by renewable you mean useless wind and solar made in China?  Ya, like they won't turn China into a giant tailings pond.

The big money financing the renewable stupidity doesn't care about the environment anymore than they care about the middle class.To quote Seamajor from evs' froum, you've been "dooped".

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I'm so sick of this shit.  The thing I don't understand is they have been saying for years we are running out of oil and gas?  But yet thruy want pipelines everywhere?  If we are running out, why are we not switching over to renewable energy and evolving with That?

I assume by renewable you mean useless wind and solar made in China?  Ya, like they won't turn China into a giant tailings pond.

The big money financing the renewable stupidity doesn't care about the environment anymore than they care about the middle class.To quote Seamajor from evs' froum, you've been "dooped".

Or already switch over to a better energy source.  There have been some fantastic inventions over time that have been hidden away...why are we not using them and advancing? Greed...money..yeah I know...

I know we are not running out..everything is bullshit.   It's sad we can't advance into a better world.

cc

Dunno about any "fantastic inventions that have been hidden away", but fossil fuels are here to stay.

As well as being economically nonviable, wind, solar are terrible polluters ... terrible polluters when being manufactured and then terrible polluters  when being got rid of after physical failure .. failure that is usually sooner than later  . . As Shen correctly said "a giant tailings ponds" result ... not to mention people having to pay huge power bills to keep them afloat financially  ..  those advocating their use not caring a whit about John & Jane regular folk trying to make ends meet for their families  .... those  people that so-called planet savers who have no use for not do not care about

Meantime great advances have been made in the area of reducing pollution, whether from fossil fueled vehicles or from fossil fueled  power plants ... of course power produced by elevated water also helps greatly in areas where the right conditions exist  .. BC being a great but unfortunately not too common an example .... if the right conditions for water power were  more prevalent, electric would be viable financially and would reduce pollutants  ... even electric cars would be viable ... but wind and solar are unsustainable financially  and would break our economies ...  not to mention breaking John & Jane regular folk

The bullshit comes from the wannabe planet savers who refuse to acknowledge that there is a price to pay for ALL forms of energy  ... and that there is no magic bullet ... and that for the foreseeable future, the lower "overall" price to be paid by civilization is fossil fuel
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "cc"Dunno about any "fantastic inventions that have been hidden away", but fossil fuels are here to stay.

As well as being economically nonviable, wind, solar are terrible polluters ... terrible polluters when being manufactured and then terrible polluters  when being got rid of after physical failure .. failure that is usually sooner than later  . . As Shen correctly said "a giant tailings ponds" result ... not to mention people having to pay huge power bills to keep them afloat financially  ..  those advocating their use not caring a whit about John & Jane regular folk trying to make ends meet for their families  .... those  people that so-called planet savers who have no use for not do not care about

Meantime great advances have been made in the area of reducing pollution, whether from fossil fueled vehicles or from fossil fueled  power plants ... of course power produced by elevated water also helps greatly in areas where the right conditions exist  .. BC being a great but unfortunately not too common an example .... if the right conditions for water power were  more prevalent, electric would be viable financially and would reduce pollutants  ... even electric cars would be viable ... but wind and solar are unsustainable financially  and would break our economies ...  not to mention breaking John & Jane regular folk

The bullshit comes from the wannabe planet savers who refuse to acknowledge that there is a price to pay for ALL forms of energy  ... and that there is no magic bullet ... and that for the foreseeable future, the lower "overall" price to be paid by civilization is fossil fuel

I will read this later...gotta jet out to a play tonight..

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Shen Li"

Or already switch over to a better energy source.  There have been some fantastic inventions over time that have been hidden away...why are we not using them and advancing? Greed...money..yeah I know...

I know we are not running out..everything is bullshit.   It's sad we can't advance into a better world.

What is better/cheaper/cleaner than fossil fuels that won't ruin the average person financially? As cc said, so called renewables are not renewable at all and far from clean.

Thousands of products are made from petroleum and the list keeps on growing. It's here to stay despite what your leftist government tells you.

cc

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "cc"Dunno about any "fantastic inventions that have been hidden away", but fossil fuels are here to stay.

I will read this later...gotta jet out to a play tonight..

Good on ya - have funnnnnn
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell