News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Bricktop, have you seen my latest acquisition?

Started by Angry White Male, March 22, 2018, 03:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Angry White Male

It does appear that Territories are free to select their sidearms of choice, but Glocks in .40cal S&W seem to be the 'go-to' sidearm there.  Particularly Glock Models 22, 23, and 27.

Vancouver Police used to be issued .40cal Glocks too, I believe, but I think they recently switched to SIG Sauer P226 (9mil).

And the good old RCMP still carries the old steel framed S&W 5946 steel framed pistol in 9mil!

Some other municipal forces here use the .40cal Glocks also.

Frood

My first pistol was a cheapy Taurus compact semi auto (in 9mm). Fired true enough, and the price was right at the time. Paid 150 for it secondhand. Sold it for 800 later on. Lol
Blahhhhhh...

Blazor

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Gotta be careful when choosing something small and light for concealed carry (something that we can't do here), as those small frame revolvers would have a brutal recoil with .357 Magnum rounds, especially if it's one of those light weight alloy frame guns!  Then again, any .357 Magnum gun will also chamber .38 Specials.

Even this thing has quite a kick!

A good .38 +P defense round would be easy to handle in those though!

Oh I know, and you right on the recoil, also that .38 +P is what is needed. One of the conceal revolvers I liked the most was a S&W .38 special ultra light, made out of titanium. Its also hammerless, so the hammer doesnt snag. Small and light.

http://www.christiangunowner.com/images/swairweightsidesbi.jpg">

For one with a clip, my dad's seemed pretty good, and Im gonna ask what my step mom wants for it one day, a .380, but cant remember if Ruger or S&W.

I honestly dont like the idea of conceal carry much, so for now, if I choose to, Im gonna open carry.

Black guy tried to rob my son a few weeks ago, so I handed down a family .32 to him this week. It was my first, and he has experience with it. How he got out of being robbed, was telling him the money was in his car, and he hopped in and took off lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Then we switched to S&W .357 Magnums.

My favorite  :thumbup:

I believe the .32 I have was a model officers used in the 60s. It takes .32 longs.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Bricktop

We never had .32's.

Had .22's for undercover work...probably to scare potential attackers with a loud bang.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Blazor"Oh I know, and you right on the recoil, also that .38 +P is what is needed. One of the conceal revolvers I liked the most was a S&W .38 special ultra light, made out of titanium. Its also hammerless, so the hammer doesnt snag. Small and light.

Yes!  For something small and alloy like that, also know that .357 Magnum full house rounds can cause undercutting to the bottom of the top strap!

The hot pressure blows out of the gap between cylinder and forcing cone so fierce, that it can actually etch the frame!  Usually seen on alloy revolvers throwing out light defense boolits with a hot charge!

Then again, all problems avoided if running .38 +P!  Easy to shoot, limited recoil, and won't wreck the gun!