Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Anyone want to chat? How's your Friday?

Started by Superchecker, March 23, 2018, 07:00:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superchecker

Hello, just waking up here. Driving the Mrs to work in about 90 minutes, but here all day.

It's chores day so I have a few things to keep me busy. Meeting a colleague for lunch too.

Hearing of even more friends, and friends of friends, dealing with ailing family members. I know it's all circle of life stuff, but it can get down right depressing at times. Been avoiding most news lately too. It's been one year since my mom passed. I occasionally think about calling her, but then remember that she's gone.

Been dealing with an ingrown toenail on my right foot, and then went and twisted my left ankle. Even booked off sick for 2 days.

Looking forward to our Vegas trip coming up.

Been trying to help keep getting the word out that Transit is hiring. They've approved billions in spending over the next 5 to 10 years.

My brother and his wife and 2 teenaged boys are down in Disneyland this week. The oldest boy is graduating high school this June, and has already been accepted into BCIT this fall.

How's everyone else these days?
<t></t>

kiebers

Good morning sir, another great day on the right side of the grass. Figure that is the majority of the battle. Looking forward to a mostly sunny day today. Hopefully it is uneventful in a good way.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Superchecker

Quote from: "kiebers"Good morning sir, another great day on the right side of the grass. Figure that is the majority of the battle. Looking forward to a mostly sunny day today. Hopefully it is uneventful in a good way.

Good morning! Expecting a mix bag of weather here today.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Good morning Superchecker..

I understand about your mom..

It's been a year and four months since my dad passed away.

Superchecker

Quote from: "Fashionista"Good morning Superchecker..

**Hugs**
<t></t>

Blazor

I had an ingrown toenail when I was a teen. They had to surgically laser remove half of it, was so much better after they did. Take care of that thing!

Going ok here, glad its Friday!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Good morning Superchecker..

**Hugs**

acc_hugz

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"Hello, just waking up here. Driving the Mrs to work in about 90 minutes, but here all day.

It's chores day so I have a few things to keep me busy. Meeting a colleague for lunch too.

Hearing of even more friends, and friends of friends, dealing with ailing family members. I know it's all circle of life stuff, but it can get down right depressing at times. Been avoiding most news lately too. It's been one year since my mom passed. I occasionally think about calling her, but then remember that she's gone.

Been dealing with an ingrown toenail on my right foot, and then went and twisted my left ankle. Even booked off sick for 2 days.

Looking forward to our Vegas trip coming up.

Been trying to help keep getting the word out that Transit is hiring. They've approved billions in spending over the next 5 to 10 years.

My brother and his wife and 2 teenaged boys are down in Disneyland this week. The oldest boy is graduating high school this June, and has already been accepted into BCIT this fall.

How's everyone else these days?

It's nice having a day off between Monday and Friday. I only get one of them if I book it off.

I am going out for a drink tonight at a pub on Dunlop Street with my girlfriend.

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"

I am going out for a drink tonight at a pub on Dunlop Street with my girlfriend.

Gordy back in town?
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Superchecker

It's nice having a day off between Monday and Friday. I only get one of them if I book it off.

I've been enjoying Friday and Saturday off for awhile now.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

Gordy back in town?

:MG_216:

Angry White Male

Yes, Super...  I've noticed too with age, that people around me start dropping like flies.

I was quite close to my Grandparents, and even though they've been dead for a few years now, I'll still have the occasional dream where they are still alive.  Even upon waking, it does take a few seconds to realize they're dead.

At least you have a significant other and family around.  When my parents kicked, one of the hardest things I had to do was clean out their house all alone.  Throwing out 35 years of their shit was not a pleasant experience.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Yes, Super...  I've noticed too with age, that people around me start dropping like flies.

I was quite close to my Grandparents, and even though they've been dead for a few years now, I'll still have the occasional dream where they are still alive.  Even upon waking, it does take a few seconds to realize they're dead.

At least you have a significant other and family around.  When my parents kicked, one of the hardest things I had to do was clean out their house all alone.  Throwing out 35 years of their shit was not a pleasant experience.

I am becoming a hoarder with my dad's things.

Angry White Male

I had to throw out tons of useful shit only because I didn't need any of it, nor do I have room for it.

Battered Women Society did take a few items, but even they were super-picky.  A couple of friends took a few items, but the vast majority of it I had to simply dispose of.  Was hard to do.