The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Lawyers ask judge to declare African-Canadians deserve special consideration in sentencing, like Indigenous people

Started by Wazzzup, March 29, 2018, 02:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Wazzzup

[size=150]Lawyers ask judge to declare African-Canadians deserve special consideration in sentencing, like Indigenous people[/size]

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-lawyers-ask-judge-to-declare-african-canadians-deserve-special/">https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/ ... e-special/">https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-lawyers-ask-judge-to-declare-african-canadians-deserve-special/

How is the government bestowing special treatment based on race not conferring superior status (supremacy) upon certain races

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"How is the government bestowing special treatment based on race not conferring superior status (supremacy) upon certain races[/b]

They are.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
That is an extreme view within the African Canadian community. It doesn't represent the law abiding, but these sleazy lawyers are trying to con the public into believing it is.

Anonymous

I have had my fair share of problems with the cops in my lifetime. My lawyers never asked for special considerations for me because I am Ukrainian and we are historic victims of discrimination in Canada.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Herman"I am Ukrainian.

THAT'S why you did time!!!

Should have said you were Polish, like me!!!

:thumbup:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Herman"I am Ukrainian.

THAT'S why you did time!!!

Should have said you were Polish, like me!!!

:thumbup:

The judge might have been merciful. You can't expect much from Poles.

Angry White Male

In Canada, the law already must take into account during sentencing, if the offender is of Aboriginal descent.

I suppose it's not much of a stretch to apply that to other minorities also, or at least to try.

I mean, it's clear they are over-represented in prison not because they have committed serious crimes or anything... :2r4ml1j_th:

Basically what every minority wants now (other than Chink Asian, and I use that term because Asian no longer exclusively means 'yellow' Asian anymore here, for some odd reason), is to get special privilege, since they just cannot keep up with the 'White Standard' of behaviour, and feel it unfair to be held to the same standards.

They just want special treatment everywhere...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"In Canada, the law already must take into account during sentencing, if the offender is of Aboriginal descent.

I suppose it's not much of a stretch to apply that to other minorities also, or at least to try.

I mean, it's clear they are over-represented in prison not because they have committed serious crimes or anything... :2r4ml1j_th:

Basically what every minority wants now (other than Chink Asian, and I use that term because Asian no longer exclusively means 'yellow' Asian anymore here, for some odd reason), is to get special privilege, since they just cannot keep up with the 'White Standard' of behaviour, and feel it unfair to be held to the same standards.

They just want special treatment everywhere...

The judge is reluctant to do this because special  circumstances of the accused are already taken into account.

Angry White Male