Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

What’s it like...

Started by Erica Mena, April 09, 2018, 09:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"We live in a hilly area, overlooking natural bushland on one side...

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/886/26482022517_08269b333f_z.jpg">

and a view to the ocean on the other...

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/892/26482038527_14603737a3_z.jpg">

So lucky Bricktop.

Bricktop

Yes, its an amazing little area...14 km from the centre of the city of Adelaide.

Anonymous

I live 20 minutes from the airport. Twenty minutes from where the Jets play hockey. An hour from some great fishing on Lake Winnipeg. An hour from the border with the states.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Zetsu"Bought my first house 3-4 years ago and haven't considered about the neighbourhood, city location, infrastructure, school/parks or anything else that matters in affecting property prices, just like how my house looks b/c it has a little balcony on it and was the main reason why I ended up living where I am right now.  So far things turned out a lot better than I've expected, which I'm grateful for and hope I won't make the same stupid mistake again.  The main downside where I live is it's on the very east side of the GTA and traveling to the very West might take over 30mins if there's some congested traffic.

I didn't know you were a home owner Zetsu, good for you.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Lol it's nothing good when my old man paid more than half of it, I still live with my parents due to my disability, my dad just forced me to own the house for some odd reason.  ac_unsure
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Zetsu"Bought my first house 3-4 years ago and haven't considered about the neighbourhood, city location, infrastructure, school/parks or anything else that matters in affecting property prices, just like how my house looks b/c it has a little balcony on it and was the main reason why I ended up living where I am right now.  So far things turned out a lot better than I've expected, which I'm grateful for and hope I won't make the same stupid mistake again.  The main downside where I live is it's on the very east side of the GTA and traveling to the very West might take over 30mins if there's some congested traffic.

Lol it's nothing good when my old man paid more than half of it, I still live with my parents due to my disability, my dad just forced me to own the house for some odd reason.  ac_unsure

Do you rent it out Zetsu.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Bricktop"We live in a hilly area, overlooking natural bushland on one side...

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/886/26482022517_08269b333f_z.jpg">

and a view to the ocean on the other...

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/892/26482038527_14603737a3_z.jpg">

This is simply beyond beautiful.   ac_drinks

Bricktop

Its a nice patch. I'll be sorry to leave.

Zetsu

Naw, we rarely rent out new houses since most people just cause a big mess, lol.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Its a nice patch. I'll be sorry to leave.

Are you moving Bricktop?

Anonymous

Naw, we rarely rent out new houses since most people just cause a big mess, lol.

It sits empty?

Zetsu

It sits empty?

Nah, we're currently living in it, it's the same house shown in the photo thread.  ac_cool

Anonymous

It sits empty?

Nah, we're currently living in it, it's the same house shown in the photo thread.  ac_cool

I see.

Angry White Male

Where I live, I share the exact same co-ordinates as London, England, except on the other side of the world.  The weather is as such very similar...

Wet, but moderate throughout most of the year.  I do not like hot, nor extreme cold, so put up with the rain to ensure this.

I was born and raised here, and it used to be better, but we have been pinpointed globally by the entire fucking World as the 'place to be,' especially to wealthy Asians.  Poor immigrants cannot afford to live here, but enough East Indians have flooded in also, as they seem to have money also.

It has become a busy place, flooded with immigrants to the point that I really want to get the fuck out of here.  20 years ago I would have stated that I am proud to live here.  I am no longer proud to live here, and plan my escape.

I keep busy with work here, but if I live until I can retire, I am getting the fuck out of here.

Call me a racist if you want, but I have chosen a few small towns out on Vancouver Island.  Small, White, safe, and not overpriced.  This is where I would like to retire.

Where I live is facing 'White Flight,' as an article that was recently published in a local rag has shown to be true...

I don't hate it here, but when one plans their escape 25 years prior to retirement age, you can get my drift.

The country is where I belong.  I need open spaces.  It used to be more like that here, but not anymore.

Immigrants like to stuff themselves close together and live like rats, and this is how this place is becoming.

I don't blame them, though...  The shitholes they are allowed to flood in from?  Anything here is an improvement to them.  And they will only live in big cities, generally speaking.  They crave closeness to their own.  Whites are different...  We need our space.

Nonetheless, there's enough White fucking homeless junkies kicking around here now also, which never existed when I was a kid, so I'm an equal opportunity realist.  Them and their fucking tent cities, and I'm supposed to feel bad when they OD after injecting themselves with Fentanyl?

Sad state of affairs.

I live here, I know here, but I am not necessarily the happiest here.  Since I roll solo, I do what I have to do.

A couple of acres out in the country sound better and better with every day that passes.