Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

What’s it like...

Started by Erica Mena, April 09, 2018, 09:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erica Mena

Where you live

I'm fifteen minutes from the beach, five from the refineries and forty from Disneyland.

Nowhere near downtown and yes, I felt the earthquake. Nothing special here

LA is everything the media makes it out to be. Gang infested, criminally organized and cost of living is way too damn expensive.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Very interesting Kylie..

I close to Canada Olympic Park and you can see the Rocky Mountain peaks one hour West of here..

I live in a nice middle class, multicultural neighbourhood where most dwellings are owner occupied..

Calgary is a family friendly city.

realgrimm

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6ZsTHSNxJCmZJJf2/giphy.gif">

realgrimm

Anonymous

I live in a growing vibrant city of  about 150,000 people about an hour North of the fourth largest city in North America. I live in a high rise condo over looking Lake Simcoe. From my place, I can walk to trendy bars and restaurants along Dunlop Street.

Anonymous

I live in a city controlled by irresponsible profligate spending white libtards. They raise our taxes three times the rate of inflation annually to pay for multi million dollar roadside art displays that kids deface with graffiti, but they have no money to clear the snow in the winter. :crazy:

Anonymous

Quote from: "realgrimm"https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6ZsTHSNxJCmZJJf2/giphy.gif">

Does the  river help you sleep realgrimm.

:laugh:

Erica Mena

Quote from: "Shen Li"I live in a city controlled by irresponsible profligate spending white libtards. They raise our taxes three times the rate of inflation annually to pay for multi million dollar roadside art displays that kids deface with graffiti, but they have no money to clear the snow in the winter. :crazy:

How rough it must be for you
<t></t>

Berry Sweet

I live in an accessible part of the city and is cozy and convenient.

Superchecker

Quote from: "Kylie Jenner"Where you live

I'm fifteen minutes from the beach, five from the refineries and forty from Disneyland.

Nowhere near downtown and yes, I felt the earthquake. Nothing special here

LA is everything the media makes it out to be. Gang infested, criminally organized and cost of living is way too damn expensive.

15 minutes from the US border, 15 minutes from the ferry terminal, 15 minutes to Centennial beach, 15 minutes from a huge bird sanctuary, about 45 minutes from downtown, about 20 minutes from the airport. Safe Suburban community of about 30,000; have our own hospital, multiple grocery stores and shops, multiple parks; we enjoy 1/3 the annual rain compared to those closer to the north shore mountains. Decent bus service to major transit hubs.
<t></t>

Frood

A couple hours drive from a major city.

Very rural. Most of the roads are unpaved. We get power outages all the time. Mostly from electrical storms, wind storms, flooding, and bushfires. The culprit is usually trees getting downed in multiple locations. We once went without electricity for fourteen days just because they couldn't access the spot safely without a flight crew.

Our supermarket is more of a convenience store in a really old building but our bakery makes the best breads, sweets, and savouries. They start baking at 4am every morning except for one week each year when the family goes on a holiday. They hold our village together I think. Last night I pulled into our property and saw the biggest meanest looking roo I've ever seen standing near our kitchen window. It was at least 5.8 feet tall and built like a masonic lodge. Tried to scare it off with the horn and lights but I gave up and carefully got to the back door.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Kylie Jenner"
Quote from: "Shen Li"I live in a city controlled by irresponsible profligate spending white libtards. They raise our taxes three times the rate of inflation annually to pay for multi million dollar roadside art displays that kids deface with graffiti, but they have no money to clear the snow in the winter. :crazy:

How rough it must be for you

Unnecessarily expensive anyway.....our city council is not much different than Edmonton's.

Zetsu

Bought my first house 3-4 years ago and haven't considered about the neighbourhood, city location, infrastructure, school/parks or anything else that matters in affecting property prices, just like how my house looks b/c it has a little balcony on it and was the main reason why I ended up living where I am right now.  So far things turned out a lot better than I've expected, which I'm grateful for and hope I won't make the same stupid mistake again.  The main downside where I live is it's on the very east side of the GTA and traveling to the very West might take over 30mins if there's some congested traffic.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"Bought my first house 3-4 years ago and haven't considered about the neighbourhood, city location, infrastructure, school/parks or anything else that matters in affecting property prices, just like how my house looks b/c it has a little balcony on it and was the main reason why I ended up living where I am right now.  So far things turned out a lot better than I've expected, which I'm grateful for and hope I won't make the same stupid mistake again.  The main downside where I live is it's on the very east side of the GTA and traveling to the very West might take over 30mins if there's some congested traffic.

I didn't know you were a home owner Zetsu, good for you.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Bricktop

We live in a hilly area, overlooking natural bushland on one side...

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/886/26482022517_08269b333f_z.jpg">

and a view to the ocean on the other...

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/892/26482038527_14603737a3_z.jpg">