Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Took the day off, three day weekend!

Started by Superchecker, April 12, 2018, 09:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superchecker

Morning gang, been dealing with an ingrown toenail for nearly a month, finally got in to see a foot doctor and she cut the bad part out yesterday. I don't mean to sound like a wimp, but damn that needle she used to freeze my foot sure hurt like hell. Needle on bone at least twice, Oouucchh!

Booked today off, using a vacation day. Off Fri and Sat. Got a pension seminar to go to tomorrow. Aiming to retire at 60 if possible. 55 just ain't going to happen, too much debt.

Thought our cablevision box was not working properly, but it turns out it's our 8 year old tv? The tech claims our TV's HD capability stops working with age? Guess we'll be looking for a new tv in May.

Got a nice paycheck coming tomorrow, over 100 hours! And then the next one in two weeks will have my vacation differential too.

What's up gang?
<t></t>

kiebers

Ouch!!! I know how that needle on bone feels. Not a pleasant experience. At least you got the toe taken care of and hopefully that will make it worth while.

Nothing major planned for the weekend. Hope to see the grand daughter to give her a photo book I made of her trip to Italy over spring break. They started in Rome and ended in Venice. She loved the trip and I used over 300 pics to make the book.

Didn't realize a TV can lose its hd capabilities with age. May want to call/contact tech support for the TV's manufacturer to verify.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

I have had an ingrown toenail for over twenty years now. I learned to live with it.

Blazor

I couldnt deal with mine. I was in middle school, in karate too. Any lil bump of the big toe and it would hurt bad. It got infected. HAD to have it laser removed. They only removed half of it, vertically. Seems in about another 10 years it may actually come back to its ingrown spot, thats when I'll have it removed completely. Dont know why they didnt to begin with.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I have had an ingrown toenail for over twenty years now. I learned to live with it.

Why!?!

Those things hurt!  I always cut mine before anything happens...and I always check my kids feet too.  She has beautiful toenails tho, I'm jealous! Lol

Check your toes 1x week...cut a d round off corners and file as needed.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"Morning gang, been dealing with an ingrown toenail for nearly a month, finally got in to see a foot doctor and she cut the bad part out yesterday. I don't mean to sound like a wimp, but damn that needle she used to freeze my foot sure hurt like hell. Needle on bone at least twice, Oouucchh!

Booked today off, using a vacation day. Off Fri and Sat. Got a pension seminar to go to tomorrow. Aiming to retire at 60 if possible. 55 just ain't going to happen, too much debt.

Thought our cablevision box was not working properly, but it turns out it's our 8 year old tv? The tech claims our TV's HD capability stops working with age? Guess we'll be looking for a new tv in May.

Got a nice paycheck coming tomorrow, over 100 hours! And then the next one in two weeks will have my vacation differential too.

What's up gang?

Enjoy your three day weekend Superchecker..

I'm aiming to retire at fifty five, but I don't know if I can.

Anonymous

I'm semi retired now at age fifty. I will be finished for the season Saturday or Sunday. Go back mid December for a few months.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"I'm semi retired now at age fifty. I will be finished for the season Saturday or Sunday. Go back mid December for a few months.

So, you'll be starting your annual eight months off?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Herman"I'm semi retired now at age fifty. I will be finished for the season Saturday or Sunday. Go back mid December for a few months.

So, you'll be starting your annual eight months off?

I will work on my farm. But, that aint work to me. I enjoy every minute of it.

Bricktop

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I have had an ingrown toenail for over twenty years now. I learned to live with it.

:shock:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

:shock:

Maybe it's not that bad.

Anonymous

I have a plan to retire at age fifty seven when my investments mature. I plan to get a job at a golf course at that time.

Superchecker

Quote from: "seoulbro"I have a plan to retire at age fifty seven when my investments mature. I plan to get a job at a golf course at that time.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"
Quote from: "seoulbro"I have a plan to retire at age fifty seven when my investments mature. I plan to get a job at a golf course at that time.

What do you plan to do when you turn in your bus for the last time?

Superchecker

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Superchecker"

What do you plan to do when you turn in your bus for the last time?

Enjoy some time off, possibly move to a less expensive region. Possibly still drive little bus for a few more years. Lots of variables such as debt, health, cost of living, family needs. Been working since I was 12.
<t></t>