Replies: 10385
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 10:06:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

the great gatsby

Started by jaysings, August 04, 2013, 02:58:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaysings

I watched that movie yesterday, but the scenes, the characters and the feeling are completely different from what i read in the book. I really wanna declaim, " dictionary is suck".

postern, it literally means "a small gate in the rear of a fort or castle".

[attachment=2]sshot-1.jpg[/attachment]

i got this the image which came out of the translation i found in dictionary.

tom's house

[attachment=1]house in italy (4).jpg[/attachment]

tom (i imagined he is a man in leather jacket and leather boot, encountering nick right before leaving off his house to get his motorcycle. i assumed he "rides" motorcycle because of the words "riding cloths" and " glistening boots", but the movie turns out the fact that he "rides" horse)

[attachment=0]gerard-butler-motorcycle-03.jpg[/attachment]

Anonymous

A movie is never as good as the book.

Odinson

Quote from: "Shen Li"A movie is never as good as the book.

Chinkie english is never as good as from the book.

jaysings

i've watched 2 different movies of the great gatsby, the plots of the new movie are closest to that of the book, whereas the old one gives audiences more details of the book.

Anonymous

Quote from: "jaysings"

i've watched 2 different movies of the great gatsby, the plots of the new movie are closest to that of the book, whereas the old one gives audiences more details of the book.

Is there a new release of the Great Gatsby Jaysings?

jaysings

Quote from: "Fashionista"

the new version in 2013

[attachment=1]the-great-gatsby-movie.jpg[/attachment]

the old version in 1974

[attachment=0]the+great+gatsby+1974+film+kolaj+son.jpg[/attachment]

i'm gonna act in a 7 minutes movie as the role " jay gatsby" for our group project

so i'm trying to find a way to make this role alive like how leonardo and robert acted

Obvious Li

leonardo di caprisious couldn't act to save his fucking life....after Gangs of NY..if i hear that poofter is in a movie i give it a wide berth.....nuff said

Anonymous

the new version in 2013

the old version in 1974

i'm gonna act in a 7 minutes movie as the role " jay gatsby" for our group project

so i'm trying to find a way to make this role alive like how leonardo and robert acted

Good luck with your role Jaysings...I would like to see it.

jaysings

Quote from: "Obvious Li"leonardo di caprisious couldn't act to save his fucking life....after Gangs of NY..if i hear that poofter is in a movie i give it a wide berth.....nuff said

what happened to leonardo di caprisious makes u remark about him like that?

could u give me some context?

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Obvious Li"leonardo di caprisious couldn't act to save his fucking life....after Gangs of NY..if i hear that poofter is in a movie i give it a wide berth.....nuff said

read my post...watch the gangs of new york......they've got him playing an Irish gangster...his accent is simply atrocious.....what a shitty movie

jaysings

the new version in 2013

the old version in 1974

Good luck with your role Jaysings...I would like to see it.

if our group members put the video on youtube, u can watch it. i don't want it uploaded to youtube though.

jaysings

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

read my post...watch the gangs of new york......they've got him playing an Irish gangster...his accent is simply atrocious.....what a shitty movie

reserve my opinion until i watched the movie u complaint of.

Anonymous

I watched a movie that I cannot recall the name of in which Brad Pitt mimicked an Irish accent..

My husband thought he did a poor job of it.

Obvious Li

I watched a movie that I cannot recall the name of in which Brad Pitt mimicked an Irish accent..

maybe a movie titled "Snatch"...it was a very good movie.....lots of blood and gore....but funny as well...Brad Pity had an irish accent in that one

Anonymous

maybe a movie titled "Snatch"...it was a very good movie.....lots of blood and gore....but funny as well...Brad Pity had an irish accent in that one

I just checked and it was called Devil's Own..

It also starred Harrison Ford..

I liked the plot.