Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

The Real Corporate Money Funding Anti-Oilsands Propaganda

Started by Anonymous, April 17, 2018, 12:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "Shen Li"What a waste of money.

Yours?

I'm an engineer. Liberal arts degrees are for lazy fools and white people.

I wasn't asking about your trade school credentials, but about your complaint regarding wasted money.  Was any of your, or your family's, money wasted on my education?  If not, your complaint only looks petty and foolish, as befits an engineer.  

What did your BOSS, or your CEO, study in college?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Shen Li"What a waste of money.

Yours?

I'm an engineer. Liberal arts degrees are for lazy fools and white people.

I wasn't asking about your trade school credentials, but about your complaint regarding wasted money.  Was any of your, or your family's, money wasted on my education?  If not, your complaint only looks petty and foolish, as befits an engineer.  

What did your BOSS, or your CEO, study in college?

Trade school eh? Ya, while your little hobby degree has no value to anyone ya did learn how to deliver a cheap shot. That and two bucks will get you a cup of coffee.

Anonymous

QuoteI'm considering the possibility that this difference may be a socio-cultural difference, owing much to differences between the two national governments. More food for thought.

Don't overthink it. Canada has the third largest proven reserves of recoverable oil on earth. We cannot get a single pipeline to tidewater and international markets. Ironically, Canadian companies build some of the technologically advanced pipelines for foreign countries. Instead, we are the slaves of one customer(the US) who discounts our oil close to fifty per cent.

If you want to understand the opposition to Canada's oil and gas industry follow the money. There are lots of posts on this forum if you do a search.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
QuoteI'm considering the possibility that this difference may be a socio-cultural difference, owing much to differences between the two national governments. More food for thought.

Don't overthink it. Canada has the third largest proven reserves of recoverable oil on earth. We cannot get a single pipeline to tidewater and international markets. Ironically, Canadian companies build some of the technologically advanced pipelines for foreign countries. Instead, we are the slaves of one customer(the US) who discounts our oil close to fifty per cent.

If you want to understand the opposition to Canada's oil and gas industry follow the money. There are lots of posts on this forum if you do a search.

The clueless stooges who oppose oil and gas development in North America have it ass backward about greed and self interest. They are shilling for billionaire greed and self interest. And against the working class and the environment.

Bricktop

Anything to incite and exacerbate dissent and division.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

I didn't get a notice since you didn't attribute the quote to me.  I was unaware that you couldn't get your resources to a port, but I can only assure you that I'm not opposed to whatever Canadians want to do in that regard.  I'm also not responsible in any way for big money being sent to Canada by people I don't personally know or influence, for propagandizing or any other purpose.

For that matter, people who live where I do are not very concerned about pipelines at all since they seem to be less dangerous than rail tankers.  The only resource issues that get much voter concern here are logging in national forests, and hydraulic fracturing for gas (which has not been widely done, probably due to the marginal profitability the reserves offer, and the possible quake issues.)

Around here we are ALL little guys with no political clout, and outside the county in which I reside mostly Trumpians with little political sophistication and no ethical or moral compass other than hating on other people not like them (including people in my county.)  The only reason I bother with the internet is to exchange a few words now and then with people living somewhere ELSE, to find out what THEIR issues are.  I'm not here to fight with anyone, only to learn a little.

Bricktop

I have a lesson for you.

Refrain from making comment on personal issues that are of no concern or consequence to you.

Here's a bonus; it's a fragment of advice that can applied the world over.

And because I am in a magnanimous mood, another bonus. Avoid being judgmental of others; lest ye too be judged.

Anonymous

Peaches, Seoul usually attacks posts and not posters..

That's probably why he didn't think it was important to assign the quote to  you.

Angry White Male

Better think about oil production, because for my job tomorrow we finally managed to negotiate a rate that includes the increased price of Diesel.  I cannot absorb the loss of profits due to the insanely high price of fuel here anymore, and neither can anyone else.

This will eventually get passed onto the new home owner.  I work in British Properties tomorrow, so those Asians can afford it, but it goes to show that in general costs will get passed down to the end user...

Anonymous

BC recently increased the carbon tax like the NDP government here did..

Fuel prices are up as is everything else.

:sad:

Angry White Male

Getting taxed to death.  The tree huggers would like you to just ride a bicycle.

Sure...  Maybe if I just had to go to the welfare office once a month like them, I could ride my bike.

I have work to do, and places to be!

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"Peaches, Seoul usually attacks posts and not posters..

That's probably why he didn't think it was important to assign the quote to  you.

I, on the other hand, am less conducive to harmonious discourse.

ac_beating

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"BC recently increased the carbon tax like the NDP government here did..

Fuel prices are up as is everything else.

:sad:

I believe the tide is turning against useless, dishonest, virtue signalling carbon taxation. Moe here in Saskatchewan will soon have Doug Ford and later on Jason Kenney  as reinforcements in his fight against a job killing sales tax called a carbon tax. That will be fifty per cent of the Canadian population. On top of that Trudeau would no longer be prime minister if an election were held today.

Conservative Majority if an Election Held Now

http://poll.forumresearch.com/post/2841/federal-horserace-april-2018">http://poll.forumresearch.com/post/2841 ... april-2018">http://poll.forumresearch.com/post/2841/federal-horserace-april-2018

If Justine was smart he would tread lightly.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"Peaches, Seoul usually attacks posts and not posters..

It isn't a problem.  Moreover, given the forum software it's much faster to quote that way if one is only quoting part of a longer post.  I found it okay, just a little slower.

Quote from: "Ankle Biter"I, on the other hand, am less conducive to harmonious discourse.

ac_beating

Nor is your behavior conducive to thread continuity.  Perhaps the thread will need to be moderated again, or perhaps you'll work that corncob outta your ass.  Time will tell.

Wazzzup

[size=150]Vancouver Gas Prices Nearing $8 A Gallon — The Highest In North America[/size]

http://dailycaller.com/2018/04/29/vancouver-gas-prices-nearing-8-a-gallon-the-highest-in-north-america/">http://dailycaller.com/2018/04/29/vanco ... h-america/">http://dailycaller.com/2018/04/29/vancouver-gas-prices-nearing-8-a-gallon-the-highest-in-north-america/

wow, it costs me about $3 a gallon in Illinois in the US.   :2r4ml1j_th:  is going on in Vancouver?  :sdfjh(2):