The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Just some random thoughts...

Started by Angry White Male, April 18, 2018, 05:30:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Angry White Male

I live quite close to a highway overpass.  Strictly an overpass, no on/off.  This never made the news at all, but a young Asian female jumped to her death from there just a few years back.  I heard she was of high school age, and even though the fall onto the blacktop was fairly high, it apparently didn't kill her.  Getting subsequently run over by a Semi truck did.  Sometimes makes you wonder...

Asian families hide any sort of 'dishonour' like this, so it is never mentioned, talked about, and shall forever be silenced.

Also, it is still legal for a minor in Canada to possess and consume tobacco products.  Sales are tightly restricted, but possession and consumption laws have not changed.  I smoked occasionally in Elementary School, and am glad to see these laws have not changed.

Also, realized today that minors can still get a Firearms Licence in this country.  I thought they might have tossed that a few years ago, but no.  If you are 12 years of age, you can get a Firearms Licence, which gives you the exact same rights to possess and shoot as an adult has, and to also purchase ammo, minus the capability for handgun possession.  Handgun possession has to wait until 18.  They cannot buy or sell long guns though...  They have to 'borrow' them from others until 18 years of age.  A licence means unsupervised possession and use, which I have never heard of a problem due to the issue of this licence.  Bricktop would NOT approve.

Angry White Male

Also, in British Columbia, mandatory helmet use while pedaling a bicycle was implemented like 20 years ago.  Non-use is an offense under the Motor Vehicle Act.

The fine is minimal, and most Cops don't even want to bother enforcing this rule anymore.  Just keep pedaling away in fact, and don't even stop, and the Cop will leave.  He will not want to initiate a pursuit, and I'm not fucking joking.  The amount of paperwork they'd have to do, to pursue a bicyclist for not stopping due to no helmet, is something that they best ignore...

An example of a stupid law forced in.  This is an interesting law change, as both the left and right of all spectrums did not want this law implemented, but it went through anyhow.

Don't stop to get the ticket.  Just pedal away.  Thank me later.

Frood

I got my first shotgun at age 11. It was a .410 for rabbit hunting. Then I got a 20 gauge a year later.

My father got me a cheap ex military rifle for hunting roos and deer when I was 14. Later, he trained me with revolvers and auto mags at target practice on our farm. That was before Port Arthur happened.

Most of the gun cabinet disappeared overnight. I reckon he buried them somewhere. Nobody knows or is willing to say where. He passed on a long time ago.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

It's sad that one incident must affect so many, but it is the way of the new world now, it seems.

Even here, many people have very deep basements, and it is reasonable to assume that there may be some items hiding down there that may have been 'forgotten'...

Frood

I say furry muff about that.

People who reserve options for a rainy day are wise. People like Bricktop who complain about the rules yet push top down authoritarianism are stupid.

They deserve what happens to them since they're cowardly morons with entitlement issues.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

His intentions are good, although misguided at times.  I'm sure with his work he's dealt with some things that we would not...

Angry White Male

He needs proper guidance.  Where the fuck is his wife?  He sits online 24/7...

My ex would not put up with my ass sitting in front of the screen 24/7.

Frood

Quote from: "Angry White Male"His intentions are good, although misguided at times.  I'm sure with his work he's dealt with some things that we would not...

Yeah. The sanctioned state theft on peaceful people who did nothing except inadvertently break petty and stupidly ineffective regulations.

You have to be a special kind of shitbag in order to rationalize bailing up people and stealing from them.  

Bricktop is defo going to hell.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

There is no doubt he's a control freak.

What can be done to help him?

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

There must be something more that we can do for him...

Frood

An intervention? Unlikely.

He's stupid, set in his ways, strung out on SSRI's, and relying on his old age pensions.

He's not going to see the light before he expires in a geriatric bed sit crying about the fires of hell coming at his eyeballs.
Blahhhhhh...

realgrimm

Blazor

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Also, in British Columbia, mandatory helmet use while pedaling a bicycle was implemented like 20 years ago.  Non-use is an offense under the Motor Vehicle Act.

I remember when that law went into effect here! Was like 20 years ago or so you're right. I felt like that was the beginning of the pussification of America. I never enforced my son to wear a helmet. I got him a cool military looking one, but I didnt make him wear it.

As a kid, flying down a hill on a bike with the wind in your hair, that was freedom.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Frood

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"Also, in British Columbia, mandatory helmet use while pedaling a bicycle was implemented like 20 years ago.  Non-use is an offense under the Motor Vehicle Act.

I remember when that law went into effect here! Was like 20 years ago or so you're right. I felt like that was the beginning of the pussification of America. I never enforced my son to wear a helmet. I got him a cool military looking one, but I didnt make him wear it.

As a kid, flying down a hill on a bike with the wind in your hair, that was freedom.

I broke my foot doing that.

Was barreling down a very steep country road and a sibling standing alongside decided to kick out their skateboard to see what would happen.

My back wheel shot up, my foot came off the pedal, and jammed into the spokes while I was doing about 70 to 80 KPH.

managed to stop skidding my flesh off after 15 or so feet.

Got a broken foot and huge embedded gravel rash.

I chased that sibling hop by hop for 20 minutes uphill.

Our mother shielded them from death.
Blahhhhhh...