Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Another "hero" movie imminent.

Started by Bricktop, April 18, 2018, 10:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

The pilot that landed the stricken aircraft in the US is their latest "hero".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43804253">//http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43804253

She did what she was trained to do in such an emergency, aided by automated emergency resources built into the aircraft itself.

Now, full credit for her piloting skills, and reacting appropriately in a crisis. She deserves credit for applying her skill and training when necessary.

That is not a hero. A hero is someone who acts outside their comfort zone, beyond the normal standards of safety, and at some personal risk to themselves to help or rescue others.

But, Hollywood will be on this like Dinky on spliff. There's money to be made.

Berry Sweet

Bricktop

Angry White Male

I agree with Brick.  People doing what they are trained to do is not some 'mystical feat.'

I could have easily killed a few people with my truck, had I not paid attention and done what the public expects me to do...  To drive that truck properly and safely, which isn't always easy, trust me...

For me to be a 'hero,' I would have to do some serious life-saving shit, like pulling a person out of a burning car that's about to explode, risking my life in doing something that I'm not obligated to do.

Zetsu

Reminds me of a US military reconnaissance plane once still manage to force land in Chinese enemy runway after having an air to air collision with a Chinese fighter jet causing them to lose all 3 out of 4 engines, talk about crazy stuff.  While losing 1 out of 4 I wouldn't consider it as a real feat tbh.
Permanently off his rocker

kiebers

I would imagine the passengers think she is a hero, and tbh, that's all that matters. If I were a passenger she would be my hero...LOL
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone