The best topic

Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

It's 4/20 tomorrow

Started by Berry Sweet, April 20, 2018, 02:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Berry Sweet

I think the media has really given pot a bad name and a horrible imagine in peoples heads.

It's proven it is not addicting and has no side effects.  I don't use pot to "get high", it makes me sleepy..that about it.

I prefer to use pot instead of legal prescription drugs.  Those prescription drugs used for sleep really are dangerous.  People sleep walk on them...even get up in the middle of the night and drive their cars around (this happened to a friend of mine) even I slept walked on those stupid drugs...I didn't do anything expect stare at walls and go back to bed...but I'm lucky...it could've been worse...so I opt to use pot as I don't sleep walk or do anything dangerous on it.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Will you be attending the ganja party?

No.

Why not? I can totally see you rolling with It! Lol j/k

I don't go either but I don't ha e a problem with pot.  I just don't think people should be lighting up in public or whoever they chose when it becomes legal.  Howe ER I do support cannabis cafes.  When I was in college a friend took me to one...in the back we had tea, smoked a joint and studied.

Rules around where pot  can be smoked in public will probably be similar to tobacco. The provinces and municipalities will decide that.

I'm sure there will be rules and regulations.  I smoke pot.  But I never smoke it around the kids or in public.  Just as bet time as a relief to help me sleep.  I'm so happy it is becoming legal in 2.5 months.  My kids dad tells the courts I am a "drug user" ...to try take my kids away from me...now he can finally stfu.

I heard that could be delayed to allow police forces time to adjust.

I've heard this.  But highly unlikely.  They had 2 years riding on their ass and they still haven't gotten their shit together.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Bricktop"But your life choice should not affect others.

The hypocrisy of saying one form of intoxication is OK, but another one is not for no rational reason has to end.

Oops. I apologise for the imputation. I used the "your" in the generic global sense. Not referencing you in particular.

Blazor

It doesn't change my opinion that I don't understand why anyone needs to get drunk or high..

I was the same way before I ever toked or drank. Its ok to have that opinion. But one shouldnt have a closed mind as to why anyone would want to do those things. Its the same with Christianity, you had to have an open mind to be a believer.

I also agree with Berry, I hate prescription medicine, its so much worse in my opinion, and that stuff is legal (they want your money). It also makes people go out and shoot up people. I forgot the ingredient, but its in certain medicine, and it triggers those crazy people to do things like that.

Lastly I'll give you a quote from the bible....

"In the end of days the people will look across the river to the tree of life, and the leaves of the tree will be the healing of nations"

Something like that lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Heres a good stoner food idea I tried. Cook a Tombstone meat pizza, grill some burgers, cut the pizza into 6 slices, put a burger on one slice, some hot sauce, and put another slice on top of the burger. SOOOOOO good!!!  :thumbup:

Angry White Male

I generally don't toke up, as I don't much care for the high, but I do see the legalizing of pot as a logical step forward.

The people that want to smoke up are already smoking up, and have been doing so for decades.  No different than when booze was prohibited in the US.

Governments eventually realize that they just may as well tax and regulate it, as it's the lesser of two evils, so to speak, as it weakens organized crime's involvement in the production and distribution.

The difference between what the US is doing, and what Canada is doing, is that the US is permitting individual States to over-ride Federal laws, whereas Canada is legalizing at a Federal level.

This difference can be quite important depending on where you are, and what you're doing.  For instance, even though Washington State has legalized, US Customs at Washington border stations can turn me away if I even admit to having smoked weed in the past.  Don't even think about attempting to pack a couple joints with you...  You'll most likely end up in 'cuffs.  Border is Federal, even though Washington has legalized.

I would assume once Canada legalizes, the opposite would happen for someone traveling up from Washington with weed.  As long as they are not high while driving, and the weed is out of reach of the driver, I would assume that there would be no travel restriction, permitted that the amount carried is at or under the legal amount permissible to be carried on person for personal use.

I could be wrong on this though...  They may have the ability to seize at the border without penalties, but I'm not sure under what law that would be, if legalized at a Federal level.  Should be treated just like booze, but then again I'm not sure what the exact final plan will be.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "realgrimm" have you even tried Marijauna FASH or are you just passing judgements  ???

She's not trying to  be a judgmental twat even though it comes across that way. Pot is as foreign to her as eating dog is to you round eyes. :wink:

You are so right...its weird tho...good for Fashy never experiencing those things...smart girl.  ;)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

It doesn't change my opinion that I don't understand why anyone needs to get drunk or high..

I was the same way before I ever toked or drank. Its ok to have that opinion. But one shouldnt have a closed mind as to why anyone would want to do those things. Its the same with Christianity, you had to have an open mind to be a believer.

I also agree with Berry, I hate prescription medicine, its so much worse in my opinion, and that stuff is legal (they want your money). It also makes people go out and shoot up people. I forgot the ingredient, but its in certain medicine, and it triggers those crazy people to do things like that.

Lastly I'll give you a quote from the bible....

"In the end of days the people will look across the river to the tree of life, and the leaves of the tree will be the healing of nations"

Something like that lol.

That is about the reestablishment of Eden(the new Jerusalem), not getting stoned on pot before then.

Blazor

That is about the reestablishment of Eden(the new Jerusalem), not getting stoned on pot before then.

Lol  ac_razz

I saw that quote once in a High Times magazine on the center spread, always remembered it.

How about these lol....

And the Earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Better is a dinner of herbs where love is than a fattened ox and hatred with it.

No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments. (I know this one is with alcohol lol)

Here is also an interesting article you may like  ac_smile

Short read, but informative, 5 religions that use it....

https://herb.co/marijuana/news/religions-holy-herb">https://herb.co/marijuana/news/religions-holy-herb

Blazor

Another thing on "Leaves of the tree". I remember looking into that, and it was also referring to constellations. The 12 fruits being the 12 signs. The Milky Way being the river. This was also a thing going back to the Egyptian period and beyond. I find it pretty fascinating.

Anonymous

QuoteAnd the Earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

This about God's providence.

QuoteBetter is a dinner of herbs where love is than a fattened ox and hatred with it.

Cross reference Proverbs 17:1

Better is a dry morsel, and quietness therewith, than an house full of sacrifices with strife.

QuoteNo longer drink only water, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments. (I know this one is with alcohol

Ah I Timothy 5:23 argument.

Timothy was afflicted with a stomach ailment, the nature of which is not precisely known. It was a sickness that came and went, but apparently more often "came" than otherwise. The apostle obviously suspects bad "water" as the source of the young man's problem.

1 Timothy 3:3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, ...

1 Timothy 4:4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if ...

Leviticus 10:9-11 Do not drink wine nor strong drink, you, nor your sons with you, ...

Psalm 104:15 And wine that makes glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face ...

Proverbs 31:4-7 It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; ...

Ezekiel 44:21 Neither shall any priest drink wine, when they enter into the inner court.

Ephesians 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

Anonymous

Another thing on "Leaves of the tree". I remember looking into that, and it was also referring to constellations. The 12 fruits being the 12 signs. The Milky Way being the river. This was also a thing going back to the Egyptian period and beyond. I find it pretty fascinating.

No, it isn't.

Blazor

QuoteAnd the Earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

This about God's providence.

First I must say Im impressed with your knowledge of the book. Most "Christians" I meet, are less knowledgeable than myself. Not saying I put you in that lot, for I knew that thy were of the book lol. What version do you follow, it doesnt seem like the King James.

Are as far as the above, He made all things, including the "Ganja". Did you look at the link I posted on the 5 religions?

Blazor

No, it isn't.

Could you enlighten me more? This seems to go farther back than Christianity.

Bricktop

And the Lord sayeth verily..."light thy joint and drink thy wine...for only then will you reach the kingdom of heaven".

Stephen 21:5

Look it up.