The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

MORE Broward Cowards Screwups - Judge Orders Release of More Records

Started by cc, April 24, 2018, 03:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

It would better if he was brought up on charges if it can be proven that he issued the stand down or cower order.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"It would better if he was brought up on charges if it can be proven that he issued the stand down or cower order.

That would be frickin justice.

Angry White Male

Maybe departmental policies were to simply 'stand ground' until SWAT arrived?

Bricktop

Contain and wait is the standard procedure...unless there is an immediate and real danger to others.

Frood

Aka cower and hide, let the people your employer disarmed die, then plead for more bans for the law abiding.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Maybe departmental policies were to simply 'stand ground' until SWAT arrived?

I haven't read that.

Wazzzup

Get your barfbag ready for this story--

As one of the largest mass shootings in modern U.S. history unfolded, Peterson never entered the building where alleged gunman Nikolas Cruz was opening fire and instead took up a position outside the building that was under attack.

Peterson, 55, was widely criticized for his actions and Broward Sheriff Scott Israel opened an internal investigation. The deputy resigned and retired on Feb. 23, "rather than face possible termination."

Peterson, the Sun-Sentinel reported, has received a monthly state pension of $8,702.35 since April. He was paid $101,879.03 last year, according to the news outlet, which cited sheriff's office records.

The former deputy stood by his actions after the shooting. His lawyer said in a statement at the time that "the allegations that Mr. Peterson was a coward and that his performance, under the circumstances, failed to meet the standards of police officers are patently untrue."[/quote]

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"$100,000!!!

For a glorified school monitor??

If that's his pension what was his salary?

Likely, over one hundred and fifty thousand per year.

Bricktop

That's insane.

I make no comment about his actions...simply because I wasn't there, nor am I familiar with Departmental policy.

But for that kind of money, I would expect someone with the skill, training, expertise and fortitude to DO something.

Angry White Male

That's one hell of a pension.  My stepfather retired as Staff Sergeant with the RCMP, and didn't receive even close to that in pension, even factoring in all things such as when he retired, length or service, and the exchange rate.

I know, because I did his taxes after he died.

Bricktop

Angry White Male

Here, an RCMP pension may roughly be half of your earnings if that, with some variables...

Wazzzup

The main reason many American states are going bankrupt is because government pensions are so overly generous, and in most places, fully funded by taxpayers. Another fiscal time bomb gift from the left (and helped by the cowardly right who are afraid to oppose them)

Angry White Male

The other issue is, is that if you fail to do your duties, you have no problem!  Just quit and pull in $100,000/year!

Maybe I would have just stood there too, knowing I'm less than 24 hours away from that pension without any risk at all!