Replies: 7502
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 12:54:36 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

P H I L I P P I N E S

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, April 29, 2018, 09:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@realAzhyaAryola

Even if you don't care about your grammar and spelling, just know that when you spell anything incorrectly, you are informing the reader that you are illiterate.

The correct spelling of Philippines is P H I L I P P I N E S. Anything else is incorrect.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Bricktop

What, exactly is your point?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Even if you don't care about your grammar and spelling, just know that when you spell anything incorrectly, you are informing the reader that you are illiterate.

The correct spelling of Philippines is P H I L I P P I N E S. Anything else is incorrect.

Some people think it has two l's and one p after the i.

Bricktop

And some people spell "stationery" wrong. But what is the point of this spelling lesson?

Bricktop

Which is an equally pointless post.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Bricktop"And some people spell "stationery" wrong. But what is the point of this spelling lesson?

The damn Flip does nothing but complain here.  Usually about me, but at times about other dumb things also.  She's like a "CC Lite."

Actually they are called "flippos", not "flips".

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Even if you don't care about your grammar and spelling, just know that when you spell anything incorrectly, you are informing the reader that you are illiterate.

Ya, okay.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Here they are simply 'Flips.'

Usually Britain and OZ has decent slangs, which shorten terms to the least amount of syllables.  You guys often do this quite well.

Here we have ya beat.  They're Flips!

Flippo's here. That's F L I P P O.

ac_toofunny

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Yes, the illiterate ones, especially those who spell it with an F too. Can't stand it.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"Here they are simply 'Flips.'

Usually Britain and OZ has decent slangs, which shorten terms to the least amount of syllables.  You guys often do this quite well.

Here we have ya beat.  They're Flips!

Flippo's here. That's F L I P P O.

ac_toofunny

This is fake news.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

Yes, the illiterate ones, especially those who spell it with an F too. Can't stand it.

ac_blush

Anonymous

The country was named after King Philip of Spain.

cc

It was

However, as I now am what I fondly call a "Canaijan" ...  initially from a place I fondly call "Oz" ... and who also has lived in and refer fondly to "Yankeyville"

I often fondly refer to the lovely island country as  "The Fils" or "Filippines" as many locals I got to know do in correspondence  .. all the while while fully aware of the technically correct and official spelling.

I will continue to refer to it and to ANY country exactly as I choose to  

You see, this needless petty uppity   thread, while skirting around the instance(s) itself,  is no doubt triggered by a very recent fond reference  to one of my favorite places and people  ...

If how one chooses to nickname  ANY place on earth  even matters, it should have been quoted and mentioned where and when it took place a few days ago  .... and / or a great MANY times in the past .. and I would have cleared it all up within that thread ...  that I will continue to fondly refer to ANY country exactly as I choose to

In the interest of keeping thread quality up, I resisted the almost overpowering urge to post

a new thread titled " F I L I P P I N E S "  :sneaky2:
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Frood

We don't call them either at work.

But if you say lazy's, most know who you're referring to.
Blahhhhhh...

cc

I always found the opposite to be the case ... while I call any country what I choose to,  our country benefits from Filipinos in many areas
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell