Replies: 7375
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 04:46:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

P H I L I P P I N E S

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, April 29, 2018, 09:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

You should visit Hong Kong, or Singapore.

Both places have a 6 day working week, with Sunday the day off for ALL domestic staff. So, on Sunday, the whole place is filled with flippos crowding into money transfer services to send money back to the Philippines.

cc

Ya, when we were in The Fils, the numero uno source of revenue was these workers. They are officially termed OFW, Overseas Filipino Worker

As for our country, I can't see how it helps to have money leaving the country rather than being invested or spent here .. which actually helps our people.

They even have boxes produced for their belongings to be taken along with them.  Later there came special boxes to send home goodies to family .. . which at least helps the country  they work in.

They desperately need a long term government that can slowly get things going at home and produce goods and "workers" as most other countries do. "Leaders" have been sub-par and none that I know of has helped the people. Prolly Ramos was the best they had at getting some economy established and his paltry efforts and hatred from the general population lead to a B grade TV actor getting elected (and then he got himself arrested while still in office as I recall).

His election combined with the Asia Stock crash that hurt everything were why we got out fast
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Ya, when we were in The Fils, the numero uno source of revenue was these workers. They are officially termed OFW, Overseas Filipino Worker

As for our country, I can't see how it helps to have money leaving the country rather than being invested or spent here .. which actually helps our people.

They even have boxes produced for their belongings to be taken along with them.  Later there came special boxes to send home goodies to family .. . which at least helps the country  they work in.

They desperately need a long term government that can slowly get things going at home and produce goods and "workers" as most other countries do. "Leaders" have been sub-par and none that I know of has helped the people. Prolly Ramos was the best they had at getting some economy established and his paltry efforts and hatred from the general population lead to a B grade TV actor getting elected (and then he got himself arrested while still in office as I recall).

His election combined with the Asia Stock crash that hurt everything were why we got out fast

It still is, maybe more so today. I heard they have separate lines for returning OFW's at Manila's airport?

cc

At times, depending on flight origin they did when we were there. Working in other countries is a HUGE industry there

Long overdue is "real" leaders to make the country economically viable and to provide work for its people.

The string of really really bad leaders is huge .. and without a break that I'm aware of

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"At times, depending on flight origin they did when we were there. Working in other countries is a HUGE industry there

Long overdue is "real" leaders to make the country economically viable and to provide work for its people.

The string of really really bad leaders is huge .. and without a break that I'm aware of

There is a number of super wealthy families(usually of Chinese origin) who control everything, including the presidency. Their corruption is the reason the Fil will never get the investment in factories that other SE Asian nations have.

@realAzhyaAryola

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Wow, the answer to the Philippines's problems are in this thread! Woohoo!  ac_toofunny  Puhleaz. There are no geniuses here.

Seems like a mouthful to explain illiteracy. Hey, stay illiterate! Fine by me!  :thumbup:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Wow, the answer to the Philippines's problems are in this thread! Woohoo!  ac_toofunny  Puhleaz. There are no geniuses here.

Seems like a mouthful to explain illiteracy. Hey, stay illiterate! Fine by me!  :thumbup:

If someone posted anything you say is incorrect, counter it. I don't think you can, which is why you post blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

@realAzhyaAryola

You don't know me from Adam so you don't truly know what I can do or cannot do. I'll counter any posts IF I WANT TO and if I want to waste my time doing so. I've countered countless posts which led to countless fights. No one here tells me how and what to post to whom. I'll post what I want to post any day and time, and I'll say blah blah blah blah each time I choose to do so.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

cc

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "cc"At times, depending on flight origin they did when we were there. Working in other countries is a HUGE industry there

There is a number of super wealthy families(usually of Chinese origin) who control everything, including the presidency. Their corruption is the reason the Fil will never get the investment in factories that other SE Asian nations have.

As you know, we did serious business there for almost 4 years.

From direct observation, it seemed that consistently most running business and govt were mainly of Spanish origin (and name) and 2nd Chinese who are there mainly, if not only, for business

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"
Quote from: "Shen Li"

As you know, we did serious business there for almost 4 years.

From direct observation, it seemed that consistently most running business and govt were mainly of Spanish origin (and name) and 2nd Chinese who are there mainly, if not only, for business

Chinese Filipino or from China?

Lucio Tan, who owns  Philippine Airines and Philippine National Bank is Chinese..

Henry Sy of San Miguel companies was born in China, but has lived in the Philippines for most of his life.

cc

It contains both ... born in China and recent, and some were born in the Fils

Either way many live there permanently

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"It contains both ... born in China and recent, and some were born in the Fils

Either way many live there permanently

Sorry, I mean to say Lucio Tan was Chinese born.

Anonymous

Ferdinand Marcos was more than half Chinese.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"Ferdinand Marcos was more than half Chinese.

He looked Chinese.

Berry Sweet

I use to work with this Filipino chick....she had bucked teeth and no one could understand what she was saying.   Nice girl tho.