Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Come to work with Ace!

Started by Angry White Male, May 02, 2018, 01:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

A new 'section' being built in what is known as the "British Properties" here.  What you see down below is pretty well all of Vancouver proper, and then some, with that green 'mass' being Stanley Park.

To buy property here means you have literally tens of millions of dollars at your disposal.  I am not exaggerating.  Most likely a wealthy Honger will be the eventual homeowner!  This is some of the most expensive real estate in the entire world.

http://i67.tinypic.com/24zi2o6.jpg">

Angry White Male

This is from a gravel pit in Squamish.

Pics can't really do the 'size' of things justice.  Sometimes I forget, living in this busy, cramped, expensive city that I often despise, that there is much natural, rugged beauty not very far away at all...

http://i66.tinypic.com/33ua9aq.jpg">

Bricktop

If that is an example of what is in your back yard, stop your whining.

Angry White Male

A short trip down a standard BC dirt road.  This is a steeper grade than it looks...  Quite steep, in fact!

For the Jake Brake to scream like this at a relatively slow speed, means steep and heavy!  Just how I like it!

">

Angry White Male

Coming down the hill into Britannia Beach.  This town started as nothing but a mining town, but which has long since stopped mining.  They keep some of the mine open for tours.  I had taken my ex here a few years back for a tour, and also for a drive up the old Britannia Forestry Service Rd., which is usually always gated as the public is not permitted.  I got lucky and just happened to find the gate open when I took her for a tour up the mountain.  I often get lucky with these things.

Nonetheless, worth a tour if you're ever on the Sea to Sky, and have never been.

The old heavy mining equipment you see on the left is part of its 'history.'

">

Bricktop

Nice travelogue...but something isn't right.

You're driving on the wrong side of the road, and there is sunshine.

Angry White Male

Once in a while we get sun.   After six months of rain, trust me...  Your eyes need time to adjust!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Nice travelogue...but something isn't right.

You're driving on the wrong side of the road, and there is sunshine.

Vancouver gets sunshine in late spring and summer.