The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Something is terribly wrong!!!

Started by Bricktop, May 02, 2018, 08:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Red_brazilian_nut"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Made from anise...it goes cloudy when you add water.

Same shit with Absinthe

Also nasty tasting.

Not quite, mang.  Absinthe is an anisette, yes, but it has certain, ...err... botanical properties and will take you places most other cordials never dreamt of.

Also true with Chartreuse, Benedictine and (authentic homemede) Krupnik, but not to the same degree.

One doesn't drink absinthe for the taste, but for the altered state.

cc

Had a period in my life where I usually had a Sambuca  after dinner ... served  lit and with 3 espresso beans which were nice to munch

The meaning of the word is elderberry ... a bit of ice or water technically brings out the  ouzo effect, although I can't say that I noticed it much

Especially nice to have along with an espresso or a good dark roast on the side

One has to like the taste of licorice or it won't work out well
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

We had a lovely weekend with temperatures in the mid twenties.

Frood

Quote from: "Peaches"

Same shit with Absinthe

Also nasty tasting.

Not quite, mang.  Absinthe is an anisette, yes, but it has certain, ...err... botanical properties and will take you places most other cordials never dreamt of.

Also true with Chartreuse, Benedictine and (authentic homemede) Krupnik, but not to the same degree.

I like the taste of absinthe but never experienced any additional effects from it besides the alcohol content.
Blahhhhhh...

Rancidmilko

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

Same shit with Absinthe

Also nasty tasting.

I like the taste of absinthe but never experienced any additional effects from it besides the alcohol content.

Neither did I. Someone said it was "cheap absinthe".
There\'s always a bigger fish.

Frood

I've tried dozens of them. Same deal.
Blahhhhhh...

Rancidmilko

I'm a heavy pot smoker. I feel that my body doesn't react too well to booze.

Renee

Same shit with Absinthe

Also nasty tasting.

Neither did I. Someone said it was "cheap absinthe".

You didn't experience anything other than a alcohol high because the hallucinogenic properties attributed to Absinthe are myth. There is nothing in it that has psychedelic properties and there never was. Real absinthe that is being produced today uses the same recipe as the pre 1915 ban product. It's all hype.

Annise is nothing more than a mild stimulant and "thujone", (worm wood oil), which is attributed to the "altered state" in not a hellucingen either. Thujone is found only in trace amounts in absinthe. If ingested in large enough quantities, thujone acts as a neurotoxin and you will most likely die, but you will do it without seeing monsters or wild colors or even a Peter Max inspired landscape... :laugh3:  The only toxic property absinthe has is it's  high alcohol content.

Now if you want to really see something,...drink a shit load of jagermeister. Then you will see something you don't want to see...but it's usually ends up being the undigested contents of your stomach.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Same shit with Absinthe

Also nasty tasting.

Either it wasn't the real thing, or you didn't drink quite enough of it.

EDIT   I just saw Renee's post.  While it's true that Renee knows almost everything that can be known about most topics she posts about, I've read the same stuff about thujone and authentic recipes that she's read.  I find it unpersuasive.

All I'm gonna say about that is SOME OF that the people who sat around in Paris drinking real absinthe back in the day were quite knowledgeable about drugs.  People like Poe and Coleridge were like the Hunter Thompson of those times.  I trust them more than some fuckwits on the internetz who as far as I know never wrote a decent poem in their lives.

Also, to be honest, in 1965 or 6 I made friends with the sexton of a Buddhist temple in a village in the central highlands of South Vietnam, who was my primary weed and opium connection for a while.  He and I DRANK some absinthe on a couple of occasions, in the time-honored sugar spoon and tap water manner, and it wasn't about the alcohol even though it was somewhere between 110 - 125 proof.

There are MONSTERS there, and I've seen them.  But the chemistry wasn't for me to know, nor for most of us I guess.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Red_brazilian_nut"I'm a heavy pot smoker. I feel that my body doesn't react too well to booze.

I don't indulge in either..

I like sobriety.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Red_brazilian_nut"I'm a heavy pot smoker. I feel that my body doesn't react too well to booze.

I like sobriety.

Yes, sobriety has been my choice for 37 years and two days, and counting.  But prior to that choice point I did enough drugs and alcohol for two or three sane lifetimes.

I can talk about it now because the statutes of limitations have all expired.

Anonymous

I like sobriety.

Yes, sobriety has been my choice for 37 years and two days, and counting.  But prior to that choice point I did enough drugs and alcohol for two or three sane lifetimes.

We have more than one poster here who has had or still has substance abuse issues.

Anonymous

I like sobriety.

We have more than one poster here who has had or still has substance abuse issues.

Thank God I am not one of them.

Rancidmilko

Over here, coke is becoming horribly cheap and available. And the "good pure stuff" is everywhere these days

All ex-FARCS are dealing coke. Organized crime is stronger than ever.

I know better than snorting that stuff. When I came back from the US, it almost got me. All it took, one night, and the cravings were there.

And I'm naturally inclined to narcotics rather than stimulants. But that powder is no joke.

Rancidmilko

I like sobriety.

You're a mom. You can't afford to be comfortably numb and still do it right