News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Fashonista....change this christian corner bullshit....

Started by Obvious Li, August 06, 2013, 10:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Odinson

http://www.oregonmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/knights-templar.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"http://www.oregonmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/knights-templar.jpg">

That looks like the tin man from the classic Wizard of Oz.

Renee

Quote from: "Odinson"http://www.oregonmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/knights-templar.jpg">

White surcoat with a red cross = Knights Templar. Sergeants or non-knights of the Templar order (Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Christ and of the Temple of Solomon) would have worn a black tunic with a red cross.

In pop culture that image could also pass as just a generic depiction of a crusader as well.  Being that it looks like some kind of digital Sims creation I can't say for sure what it's supposed to be.

The way you tell the Christian military religious orders of the Middle Ages apart are as follows:

Templar Knight – Red Cross / White surcoat – Typically French, Norman Italian and English

Teutonic Knight – Black Cross / White surcoat – Germanic and Austrian/Hungarian

Hospitaller Knight – White cross / Black surcoat - Typically French, Norman Italian and English

If you want more info I got tons of this crap rattling around in my head.  :lol:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

White surcoat with a red cross = Knights Templar. Sergeants or non-knights of the Templar order (Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Christ and of the Temple of Solomon) would have worn a black tunic with a red cross.

In pop culture that image could also pass as just a generic depiction of a crusader as well.  Being that it looks like some kind of digital Sims creation I can't say for sure what it's supposed to be.

The way you tell the Christian military religious orders of the Middle Ages apart are as follows:

Templar Knight – Red Cross / White surcoat – Typically French, Norman Italian and English

Hospitaller Knight – White cross / Black surcoat - Typically French, Norman Italian and English

If you want more info I got tons of this crap rattling around in my head.  :lol:

:o  :o  :o

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Renee"

:o  :o  :o

Scared you again, didn't I?

Truth be told the only thing I have that's bigger than the pile of useless info that's in my head is my ass.  :lol:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Odinson

History is not useless. It seems to be repeating itself.

We could learn from it instead of ignoring it and squandering away all of our money.

Helping is somehow cool or "kewl" like our iron chink says. Nonprofitable investments just to help smh. We are not gods whom suppose to help. Let them die like they are supposed to by natural selection.

Helping is only gonna create an endless well in which we fools pour our money in.

Red cross is a hoax. 75% of the money goes to something else than helping the indeginous. You would think that the "few bucks" we gave to africa would have given them more than a few wells. I´ve made wells and all it takes is dynamite and masonry. I´ll dig if I have to. Dynamite is far more quicker. It doesn´t take long to make a well.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"History is not useless. It seems to be repeating itself.

We could learn from it instead of ignoring it and squandering away all of our money.

Helping is somehow cool or "kewl" like our iron chink says. Nonprofitable investments just to help smh. We are not gods whom suppose to help. Let them die like they are supposed to by natural selection.

Helping is only gonna create an endless well in which we fools pour our money in.

Red cross is a hoax. 75% of the money goes to something else than helping the indeginous. You would think that the "few bucks" we gave to africa would have given them more than a few wells. I´ve made wells and all it takes is dynamite and masonry. I´ll dig if I have to. Dynamite is far more quicker. It doesn´t take long to make a well.

You are getting into another subject entirely, but I do agree. Many so-called charities are spending less than 10 cents on the dollar in actual aid. The remainder goes to salaries, expenses on things like infrastructure and cars or worse yet political activities like all the TIDES funded charity scams. Government is much the same with a lot of the money going to snivel serpents.

Odinson

You are getting into another subject entirely, but I do agree. Many so-called charities are spend less than 10 cents on the dollar in actual aid. The remainder goes to salaries, expenses on things like infrastructure and cars or worse yet political activities like all the TIDES funded charity scams. Government is much the same with a lot of the money going to snivel serpents.

It is a billion dollar business.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"

You are getting into another subject entirely, but I do agree. Many so-called charities are spending less than 10 cents on the dollar in actual aid. The remainder goes to salaries, expenses on things like infrastructure and cars or worse yet political activities like all the TIDES funded charity scams. Government is much the same with a lot of the money going to snivel serpents.

It is actually significantly more than that.

Odinson

Well the word "Billion" kinda means a big business.

Anonymous

Yep, I think we can both agree that big charities are a big biz rip-off.

Anonymous

One large charity that I trust all the way is Salvation Army. I always put in as much as I can in their kettles.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "seoulbro"

One large charity that I trust all the way is Salvation Army. I always put in as much as I can in their kettles.

the Sally Ann received a good reputation based on their treatment of soldiers and veterans during and after the wars.....more recently it has become a bit more tarnished as the same greed and "progressive" diseases that over came every other religious denomination have well and truly settled in there as well.too bad

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

the Sally Ann received a good reputation based on their treatment of soldiers and veterans during and after the wars.....more recently it has become a bit more tarnished as the same greed and "progressive" diseases that over came every other religious denomination have well and truly settled in there as well.too bad

Can you expand on that OL?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

The charities we donate to are usually small, local and have no paid staff..

We also support some overseas missionaries.