Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

Blame Canada

Started by Wazzzup, May 10, 2018, 12:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wazzzup

A (probably drunk) white woman in a Dennys in Alberta canada got in an argument with some Muslim men and said "go back to your own country" Now apparently according to this---

The entire country of Canada is to blame.  Ya eh? Seriously

This is Canada. Racism isn't the whole of who we are, but it is definitely part of our character both systemically and individually, Shree Paradkar writes.[/quote]
Funny how that works huh?  If a Muslim person does something bad, (usually kill somebody, not rant at them) that's just one person and has nothing to do with Islam.  BUT if a white woman in a Dennys says something supposedly racist, it means all of Canada is to blame.

--------

Another account of the story says this is why government needs to get involved immediately

Politicians in Alberta say there needs to be action to combat racism – and they need to come quicker – after a racist tirade at a Lethbridge restaurant was caught on camera.

While Clark admits that the report wouldn't be able to stop specific acts of racism, he believes the action from the government could help curb the rise of racism in Alberta.

"It looks like racism is on the rise in this province," he said.(according to what????)[/quote]

That's it, lets destroy free speech and make Canada a Stalinist police state, because a (probably drunk) white woman at Denny's said mean stuff. :crazy:

Wazzzup

Blazor

^^^Exactly what I thought of when I seen the thread title lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"A (probably drunk) white woman in a Dennys in Alberta canada got in an argument with some Muslim men and said "go back to your own country" Now apparently according to this---

This is Canada. Racism isn't the whole of who we are, but it is definitely part of our character both systemically and individually, Shree Paradkar writes.

Funny how that works huh?  If a Muslim person does something bad, (usually kill somebody, not rant at them) that's just one person and has nothing to do with Islam.  BUT if a white woman in a Dennys says something supposedly racist, it means all of Canada is to blame.

--------

Another account of the story says this is why government needs to get involved immediately

Politicians in Alberta say there needs to be action to combat racism – and they need to come quicker – after a racist tirade at a Lethbridge restaurant was caught on camera.

While Clark admits that the report wouldn't be able to stop specific acts of racism, he believes the action from the government could help curb the rise of racism in Alberta.

"It looks like racism is on the rise in this province," he said.(according to what????)[/quote]

That's it, lets destroy free speech and make Canada a Stalinist police state, because a (probably drunk) white woman at Denny's said mean stuff. :crazy:[/quote]
Whites fear backlash.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"A (probably drunk) white woman in a Dennys in Alberta canada got in an argument with some Muslim men and said "go back to your own country" Now apparently according to this---

This is Canada. Racism isn't the whole of who we are, but it is definitely part of our character both systemically and individually, Shree Paradkar writes.

--------

"It looks like racism is on the rise in this province," he said.(according to what????)

That's it, lets destroy free speech and make Canada a Stalinist police state, because a (probably drunk) white woman at Denny's said mean stuff. :crazy:[/quote]
Whites fear backlash.[/quote]

I fear the government in canada.  A government that punishes speech is far more dangerous than some ranting drunk woman at a Dennys.

Wazzzup

Some more info on the event

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/10/canada-police-facebook-video-racism-alberta-dennys">https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... rta-dennys">https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/10/canada-police-facebook-video-racism-alberta-dennys

QuoteThe woman on the video, identified as Kelly Pocha from Cranbrook, British Columbia, admitted her comments were racist but said she was having an "off" day.

"If I could take it back, I would. But I can't," she told Lethbridge News Now. She insisted that the video offered a one-sided account of what had transpired.

She said she had been drinking that night. The men at the table behind her were staring at her and "talking in their own language", leading her to believe they were making fun of her. The thought set her off, she said.

Police arrived at the scene soon after and asked both parties to leave the diner.

Pocha said she was upset that the video had gone viral, describing herself as a hardworking mother of three. "It is what it is. But I do apologise for what I said, because a lot of it is not me. I don't normally say things like that."

After the video emerged on Wednesday, the car dealership with Pocha worked said she had been fired, noting in a statement that they were "deeply concerned" about the content of the video.

BTW I am not defending the woman

But what I am saying is--

1. A mountain is being made out of a moleholl--Big deal, nobody got hurt, go home everyone, sleep it off.

2. This is one person ranting, all Canadians are not to blame.  

3. Governments even HINTING at making speech laws over an insignificant incident like this are a billion times more dangerous than a ranting drunk at a Dennys.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"Some more info on the event

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/10/canada-police-facebook-video-racism-alberta-dennys">https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... rta-dennys">https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/10/canada-police-facebook-video-racism-alberta-dennys

QuoteThe woman on the video, identified as Kelly Pocha from Cranbrook, British Columbia, admitted her comments were racist but said she was having an "off" day.

"If I could take it back, I would. But I can't," she told Lethbridge News Now. She insisted that the video offered a one-sided account of what had transpired.

She said she had been drinking that night. The men at the table behind her were staring at her and "talking in their own language", leading her to believe they were making fun of her. The thought set her off, she said.

Police arrived at the scene soon after and asked both parties to leave the diner.

Pocha said she was upset that the video had gone viral, describing herself as a hardworking mother of three. "It is what it is. But I do apologise for what I said, because a lot of it is not me. I don't normally say things like that."

After the video emerged on Wednesday, the car dealership with Pocha worked said she had been fired, noting in a statement that they were "deeply concerned" about the content of the video.

BTW I am not defending the woman

But what I am saying is--

1. A mountain is being made out of a moleholl--Big deal, nobody got hurt, go home everyone, sleep it off.

2. This is one person ranting, all Canadians are not to blame.  

3. Governments even HINTING at making speech laws over an insignificant incident like this are a billion times more dangerous than a ranting drunk at a Dennys.

I agree with all three and I would add one more; the reaction from prog power is hypocritical.

Berry Sweet

There are 2 sides to every story.  We don't know what happened here.

Immigrants aren't always innocent.  I'll give 2 examples:

A white friend and I were in China town together...this friend of mine speaks their language...while we were shopping, some Asian ladies were saying mean things about us white girls....my friend told them off in their language.

Another white friend of mine and I (this literally happened 1 month ago) walked into a Iranian kabob place and were checking out the menu on the wall....the Iranian woman behind the counter was speaking her language and making fun of us "white girls" with the other guys behind the counter....little did they know my friend spoke their language (she speaks several different languages)....she got mad at them and out them on the spot...I love that particular friend of mine...shes always ready and willing to give good shit!  She was not happy with their words and behaviour at all.

So think again who the real racists are before you read headlines.  Like I said, there are 2 sides to every story and not all immigrants are innocent.

Anonymous

QuoteThis is Canada. Racism isn't the whole of who we are, but it is definitely part of our character both systemically and individually, Shree Paradkar writes.

QuotePoliticians in Alberta say there needs to be action to combat racism – and they need to come quicker – after a racist tirade at a Lethbridge restaurant was caught on camera.

"It looks like racism is on the rise in this province," he said.(according to what????)

A drunk, possibly mentally unstable woman picks a verbal fight with strangers and suddenly it's part of our character.

:crazy:

Bricktop

Your politicians, like ours, are afraid of minorities. They will do anything to appease these noisy, loathsome cults.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Your politicians, like ours, are afraid of minorities. They will do anything to appease these noisy, loathsome cults.

I am a minority person, and I do not consider myself noisy or loathsome.

ac_sothere

Bricktop

Of course not. Not all minorities are problematic.

But those that protest, march, yell and scream are. And politicians will cower before them.

Most minorities are good citizens who appreciate and respect their nation of choice.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Of course not. Not all minorities are problematic.

But those that protest, march, yell and scream are. And politicians will cower before them.

Most minorities are good citizens who appreciate and respect their nation of choice.

I know not all minorities are respectful of the majority's rights.....most are though.

Bricktop

That's what I said. Chinese, Italian, Greek, English, German, Polish, Irish, Malays and South Africans are good people to attract.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop" Not all minorities are problematic.

I'm a fucking problem. :yahoo:  ac_dance